• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Skyward Sword Dropped Wii MotionPlus (for 2 months then added it back in )

Metroid Killer said:
You honestly didn't play Mario Galaxy standing up did you?

lol no, though the thought of that is fairly amusing ( just like those silly commercials). What I will say though is that I played Galaxy (1&2) in shorter bursts then other games I play because of the motion controls. The thing is that for Galaxy the movement could be fairly subtle and most of the time I would just jump on enemies rather then do the spin move (so that I only used it when necessary), but this is not just a little side to side waggle its far more then that and I just don't know if I like it. Much like the light gun games of old I just can't keep my arms up or extended for a 4 hour gaming session.

I will say that, even though I don't completely agree with TheBanditKing, he's being super reasonable in discussing it. Most people with that position would be flying off the handle by now.

TheBanditKing said:
lol no, though the thought of that is fairly amusing ( just like those silly commercials). What I will say though is that I played Galaxy (1&2) in shorter bursts then other games I play because of the motion controls. The thing is that for Galaxy the movement could be fairly subtle and most of the time I would just jump on enemies rather then do the spin move (so that I only used it when necessary), but this is not just a little side to side waggle its far more then that and I just don't know if I like it. Much like the light gun games of old I just can't keep my arms up or extended for a 4 hour gaming session.
Well seems fair enough to me. Though I doubt SS will make my arms/wrists/hands sore in anyway while playing, I remember keeping my movement to a mimimum playing Twilight Princess on Wii and I suspect I will use the same 'style' when playing SS, just that every movement makes a lot more sense considering the 1:1.

herzogzwei1989 said:
Thanks for shitting on my favorite Zelda game ever.

I think he was talking about the development process, not the actual games. It's well known that TP went through considerable changes and had an uneasy development.

ShockingAlberto said:
I will say that, even though I don't completely agree with TheBanditKing, he's being super reasonable in discussing it. Most people with that position would be flying off the handle by now.

Thanks I appreciate that. I have been gaming for over 22 years and always do my best to be level headed, besides I value my account on here and I see no reason to act like an ass just because my opinion is different from others.

Metroid Killer said:
Well seems fair enough to me. Though I doubt SS will make my arms/wrists/hands sore in anyway while playing, I remember keeping my movement to a mimimum playing Twilight Princess on Wii and I suspect I will use the same 'style' when playing SS, just that every movement makes a lot more sense considering the 1:1.

If thats possible then I myself will likely enjoy it much like I did Galaxy (just in shorter bursts). I only lament this being the only control option because I game in pretty large chunks (6 hours mostly at night) due to job/time constraints and I hate shutting something off because I need a break, because one I get really into the atmosphere/story and two I might not have another chance to play for a few days.

_Alkaline_ said:
I think he was talking about the development process, not the actual games. It's well known that TP went through considerable changes and had an uneasy development.
Honestly

I kind of want to play Aonuma's vision of what Twilight Princess was.

As far as we know, Miyamoto basically upended the entire game. I am curious what Aonuma thought the game should be. Was it really messy or just not "Zelda" to Miyamoto?

Red UFO

ShockingAlberto said:
Honestly

I kind of want to play Aonuma's vision of what Twilight Princess was.

As far as we know, Miyamoto basically upended the entire game. I am curious what Aonuma thought the game should be. Was it really messy or just not "Zelda" to Miyamoto?

I imagine it was closer to the Zelda we saw at GDC 2005 and E3 2004. Huge open areas, lots of huge battles, etc. Did you see the size of the forest in that game?!

On the topic of motion control fatigue, I will say that the swordplay in Wii Sports Resort does make my forearms ache pretty quickly, but then again, that is pure sword-fighting with no breaks in between (and even then, the game is so addictive that I just fight through the pain).

Hero said:
A 3D world does not equate to overworld. You are missing the point entirely but I guess that's to be expected from someone who can make such baseless accusations. Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are the two foundations for games in three dimensions.

They are not foundations, that's nonsense. Mario for the NES is a foundation. Street Fighter 2 is a foundation. The only games today that show clear inspiration from Zelda 64 are other Zelda games. Even Mario Galaxy decided to drop the shitastic castle adventure from 64 and go back to the overworld style from previous games.

Top Bottom