• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Tears of the Kindgom Livestream Announced for April 13

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Clear your appetite for the crow that is going to be served tomorrow deniers.
bbq.gif

Robb

Gold Member
Would personally love to see other people’s unadulterated opinions of their favorites, in this format:
3D
1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link Between Worlds
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Twilight Princess
5. The Wind Waker
6. Majoras Mask
7. Skyward Sword
8. Spirit Tracks
9. Four swords adventure
10. Phantom Hourglass
11. Tri-force Heroes

2D
1. A Link To The Past
2. Links Awakening
3. The Legend Of Zelda
4. Minish Cap
5. Oracle of seasons/ages
6. The Adventure of Link

For now at least. Although I feel like if I was asked to make a list again in a week it’d look slightly different.

Clear your appetite for the crow that is going to be served tomorrow deniers.
Im sure they redeem themselves tomorrow.

But to play devils advocate, what would you do if they show us pretty much the same things we’ve seen with an almost identical Hyrule? Would you still defend the game with the excuse that “they don’t want to spoil anything”? Or would you eat the crow?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I think I've seen more than enough from the gameplay they've showed recently to not only not watch this new live stream, but also not to play the exact same game with the same exact problems related to gameplay, plus they've added new and even more stupid shit. I've played, seen and experienced enough of all this nonsense for the 230+ hours in BOTW. Thanks, but no thanks.

supernova8

Banned
I think I've seen more than enough from the gameplay they've showed recently to not only not watch this new live stream, but also not to play the exact same game with the same exact problems related to gameplay, plus they've added new and even more stupid shit. I've played, seen and experienced enough of all this nonsense for the 230+ hours in BOTW. Thanks, but no thanks.

I dunno man it kinda sounds like you.... enjoyed BOTW? Odd to spend 230 hours on a game and then turn around and say "oh yeah... by the way that was shit".

Would be like wolfing down a dinner and then saying "that was rancid, never serve me that ever again". At least give us a Gordon Ramsay-style "THAT GAME IS ABSOLUTE CAT PISS!" etc.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I dunno man it kinda sounds like you.... enjoyed BOTW? Odd to spend 230 hours on a game and then turn around and say "oh yeah... by the way that was shit".
It wasn't shit, but there's no effin' way I'm doing all this all over again, how about that?
Now it even more obvious that what they're trying to do is just not what I wan't from Zelda.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Im sure they redeem themselves tomorrow.

But to play devils advocate, what would you do if they show us pretty much the same things we’ve seen with an almost identical Hyrule? Would you still defend the game with the excuse that “they don’t want to spoil anything”? Or would you eat the crow?
A dungeon teaser wouldn’t hurt. At least one so we know they are actually addressing the first game biggest weakness which is lack of real dungeons. As for the crow I can cock one but can’t eat it because of my religion.

hemo memo

Gold Member
That’s like eating an entire cake and complaining that it didn’t taste good. I mean 230+ hours? Wow.

By the time the game is released we would have most of the 'new game discovery' feelings right?

They seem to be showing a lot off with this one compared to BoTW.

Last edited:

Moses85

LoI think the screenshots they put out look great, they should upload in 4k to get past the terrible youtube compression
TLOZ_TearsOfTheKingdom_scrn_13.jpg
TLOZ_TearsOfTheKingdom_scrn_27.jpg
900p on docked mode
4k on PC or what?

Its time to let this outdated piece of shitty hardware die.

Hopefully the ZTotK OLED is the end of the production line.

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Would personally love to see other people’s unadulterated opinions of their favorites, in this format:

3D
1. Ocarina Of Time
2. The Wind Waker
3. Twilight Princess
4. Breath Of The Wild
5. A Link Between Worlds
6. Skyward Sword
7. Majoras Mask

2D
1. A Link To The Past
2. The Legend Of Zelda
3. Links Awakening
4. Minish Cap
1. Ocarina of Time
= 2. Wind Waker & BotW
3. A Link Between Worlds
4. Twilight Princess
5. Majora’s Mask
6. Skyword Sword

There’s not much in it to be honest. Skyword Sword is the only bad game, the rest are great/goat tier. I knocked Twilight Princess down the list because I can’t replay it. The start of the game is just too tedious.

Robb

Gold Member
By the time the game is released we would have lost the 'new game discovery' feelings right?

They seem to be showing a lot off with this one compared to BoTW.
Yeah, they need a new hook with this one. Exploring the world isn’t going to be as exciting, even if revisiting old areas with a new spin will be fun.

I don’t agree with the last part though. Feels like they’ve shown absolutely nothing of this one compared to BotW. We had hours on end with footage of BotW, playable demos for the press, trailers, knew about the divine beast and shrines etc. etc. by now..

For TotK we haven’t even seen a single NPC yet outside of Ganon and Zelda, know absolutely nothing of what they’ve done to the re-used map or seen a single puzzle etc. I don’t think we have more than 30 minutes of actual footage for TotK when you combine all trailers and the recent gameplay showcase.

They better reveal more soon because stuff is going to start leaking in droves once the game hits retail.

Last edited:
If we're still doing our ranking:

3D
1- Twilight Princess
2- Wind Waker
3- Skyward Sword
4- Majora's Mask
5- Breath of the Wild
6- Ocarina of Time
(note that I still consider OoT as one of the greatest games of all time, and all of these are very close to one another anyway)

2D
1- Link's Awakening (both original and remake)
2- A Link to the Past
3- Spirit Tracks
4- Oracles of Ages/Seasons
5- The Minish Cap (I just wish they got rid of the RNG with the figurines and friendship emblems or whatever they were called)
6- The Legend of Zelda (still great, just aged badly)
999- Phantom Hourglass (only one that I disliked so much that I couldn't even finish it)
I don't really know where to put Four Swords Adventure. It was enjoyable, though.

Mr Branding

That 70$ price tag gotta be justified. Hope they won't charge this on brand name alone (and a few new gimmicks). Before someone says, but it's Nintendo, of course they will, I still think they're keeping a lot under wraps for us to get hyped AS WE PLAY.
Hate to bring it up but Rockstar had/has this same marketing strategy of not showing alot and players being absolutely floored when the game hits. It generates huge buzz and word of mouth hype. If I remember correctly, this happened with BOTW also; they had a few trailers, the last one being the most memorable one, and word of mouth and hype on release spread like wildfire.

As it stands right now, with what's been shown I am moderately impressed but still not willing to play this on release... hope this changes after this trailer.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
What if they show off water/sky/cave dungeons?
If there'll be a much better story with a lot of character interactions, cutscenes etc. etc. etc. (which should be excepted from a 3D Zelda game and BOTW didn't deliver to put it lightly), if Zelda will be way more involved in it and I can go through the story in about 25-35 hours... maybe I'll consider playing the game.

As for dungeons, I'm sure they'll do exact same shit just with new powers and maybe with combinations of all of them. I mean, just look at the stupid and dumb shit they did and already showed? None of this BS looks even remotely interesting to me. They did all this while knowing exactly what people didn't liked about BOTW. What makes you think they'll do better and more traditional dungeons this time?

They just don't care, they look at 3D Zelda now as a stupid sandbox and playground for 6-8 year old kids while showing middle finger to a more adult audience who wants a traditional story-driven Zelda game. I appriciate what they did with the scale of the world and exploration aspect, it's really cool, but there's no way I'm going to be exploring even bigger map doing exact same things for the most part yet again without much, and I mean MUCH more emphasis on story, cutscenes, dialogues and character interactions. 95% of 230+ hours I've played was open world exploration and only 5% was story if even that.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
That 70$ price tag gotta be justified. Hope they won't charge this on brand name alone (and a few new gimmicks). Before someone says, but it's Nintendo, of course they will, I still think they're keeping a lot under wraps for us to get hyped AS WE PLAY.
Hate to bring it up but Rockstar had/has this same marketing strategy of not showing alot and players being absolutely floored when the game hits. It generates huge buzz and word of mouth hype. If I remember correctly, this happened with BOTW also; they had a few trailers, the last one being the most memorable one, and word of mouth and hype on release spread like wildfire.

As it stands right now, with what's been shown I am moderately impressed but still not willing to play this on release... hope this changes after this trailer.
It would be really stupid to lose the trust of your fans because of 10$. I mean this isn’t the easy way out of “70$ for all games” because we can. They have already said this is going to be case by case and this is their first game to sell at $70 so of course all eyes on this. The increase must be justified. We’ll see.

Trunim

I hope they do more and bigger settlements. That's what I like most about Zelda together with them forgotten dungeons of the past.

Top Bottom