• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trailer for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom dropping Tomorrow

They are not going to E3, they don't need to do any of that.
???

They’ve…done many Treehouse Lives outside of E3 time for special occasions such as, their biggest release of the year, for example.

My basic point is that their approach for this game has been very muffled and understated. Which I find odd. But whatever 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Don't need to sell it to me. I'm in! Been waiting patiently. It's Zelda so I'll play it.

People be hating on it but Nintendo has some bananas up their sleeve and shits about to go wild. You think they've been spending the last 6 years doing nothing but making BOTW DLC? We'll see why this is a full on sequel and deserves to be a main entry title.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Shitty 'tuber made that linked video PRIVATE for some reason...

That tuber did say APRIL too, so yea, they weren't right on that one, probably why they made that video private. They wouldn't make the video PRIVATE if they were correct.
Here is an idea. Why not make a video for each month then private them all and once an announcement hit you un-private that video and delete the rest. Boom. You are an insider.

Last edited:

Moses85

Fucking finally. First i thought its another delay news

Melting Hot Dog GIF
Stranger Things Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I wonder if they have big secrets still in store, and if any will be shown tomorrow. I still feel like we know so little about this game. We saw some floating islands and sky fun, but is there something expansive underground as well etc, does the main earth level map stay mostly the same, etc etc.

Really wish it was targeting Switch Pro/2 hardware tho

This is clearly the big walk through type demo we've been waiting for.

Honestly, I'm concerned about this game, all because of the re-using of Botw's map and lack of dungeons showm. I have a feeling they're going to be stubborn and not give in to fans demand for classic dungeons. This could be amazing with just 4 classic style big ass Zelda dungeons.

Mato

I can't shake off the impression that it's a reshuffled BOTW. Maybe they can change my mind tomorrow.

Elysion

Banned
Let’s see how far their vehicle crafting mechanic goes. Can we make mechs, for example? Airships? What about submarines? And speaking of submarines, I hope Link can dive underwater this time. That was something I missed in BotW.

Teletraan1

Banned
Didn't like BotW at all. Weakest 3D Zelda by a large margin for me. This one looks even less impressive so far. Just an absolutely ugly hazey game and I am not really a graphics whore. More important than the 2014 graphics at a 2023 price is the rest of the game. They need to fix quite a few things like dungeon size and quantity as well as weapon durability. I want to make it further than halfway down a hill when I surf on my sheild before it breaks. If I have to change to a fresh weapon multiple times during an extremely rare boss fight your game sucks. The entire loot system was trash, I want to be rewarded for exploring and tackling an area rather than punished by using more weapons than I get back. Pack in more to do in the overworld. If the first game was called Larry's Adventure and was developed by an independent studio I doubt it would crack a 7/10.

Didn't like BotW at all. Weakest 3D Zelda by a large margin for me. This one looks even less impressive so far. Just an absolutely ugly hazey game and I am not really a graphics whore. More important than the 2014 graphics at a 2023 price is the rest of the game. They need to fix quite a few things like dungeon size and quantity as well as weapon durability. I want to make it further than halfway down a hill when I surf on my sheild before it breaks. If I have to change to a fresh weapon multiple times during an extremely rare boss fight your game sucks. The entire loot system was trash, I want to be rewarded for exploring and tackling an area rather than punished by using more weapons than I get back. Pack in more to do in the overworld. If the first game was called Larry's Adventure and was developed by an independent studio I doubt it would crack a 7/10.
Opinions are like assholes, some stink.

im hoping this gives me a reason to buy this. reallyy struggled with BOTW before it clicked with me. so im hoping this trailer hypes me

ebevan91

Oops I was an hour early. I worked overnight and thought I was getting home just in time only to find out I still have an hour. Well at least I can get a quick nap in first.

GymWolf

Please convince me to not sell my switch.

Hopefully the nuts and bolts part is not their only ace in the sleave because i give 2 fucks and a half about that feature.

Umbasaborne

Banned
It wasn’t even the best switch title released in 2017 (that was Super Mario Odyssey)

It wasn’t even the best switch title released in 2017 (that was Super Mario Odyssey)

Lol. Odyssey isn't even a top 3 3d mario game. It did nothing fresh or original.

BOTW is a game of the generation. If not of all time. It's not even a contest between those two in terms of impact to the industry, creativity, genius game development all round.

K' Dash

They knew the last trailer was a wet fart, I'm glad they're showing more, hopefully they focus on the stuff that differentiates from the last game, so people don't think this is DLC.

They knew the last trailer was a wet fart, I'm glad they're showing more, hopefully they focus on the stuff that differentiates from the last game, so people don't think this is DLC.
yeah i hope they show off something that shuts these people up who are like "Lol iS jUsT boTw dLc!!".

GymWolf

The fuse seems like the only cool new stuff, graphic and combat looks absolutely the same.

It reminds me of the last just cause game that has a very similar attachment system (but i never played nuts and bolts)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
tl;dw notes

- Development is complete and it's very much BOTW again with new stuff
- Yes, weapon durability is still in
- New abilities: Fuse and Ultrahand, stick objects together to create new weapons and objects, loads of combinations to try - stone hammers, mushroom shield, makeshift vehicles
- Rocks will fall from the sky and you use an ability called recall to get yourself to sky islands. Not the only way
- New ability: Ascend, can go straight through ceilings to quickly reach the top of areas
- Special edition Switch OLED April 28th

daveonezero

Banned
The fuse seems like the only cool new stuff, graphic and combat looks absolutely the same.

It reminds me of the last just cause game that has a very similar attachment system (but i never played nuts and bolts)
The combat is clearly system based and now you hve even more options.

Well that was a whole load of nothing. I mean it looks cool but nothing mentioned about any other abilities or even dungeons. Do we still have the old abilities or only these new ones?

In a way I'm not too bothered because I'm gonna play it day 1 no matter what but they aren't doing themselves any favours here lol.

Top Bottom