• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trailer for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom dropping Tomorrow

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Good stuff. Not like anybody should need selling.

Reactions: Isa
jadeZSR.jpg

Umbasaborne

Banned
Good stuff. Not like anybody should need selling.
I do, i didnt love breath of the wild, i preffered the pre botw style of 3d zelda. Anyway, did nintendo just wake up or something and say “oh, guess we better start advertising our game”.

Also, after playing tchia on my pc at 4k max settings 120 fps, which borrows some elements of botw, its gonna be rough to go back to playing this type of game at sub 1080p resolution with poor performance

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I wonder if they have big secrets still in store, and if any will be shown tomorrow. I still feel like we know so little about this game. We saw some floating islands and sky fun, but is there something expansive underground as well etc, does the main earth level map stay mostly the same, etc etc.

Really wish it was targeting Switch Pro/2 hardware tho

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I guess Prime guy was right, so this gives him a lot of cred. I'm excited for them to wow us. Please wow us.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I do, i didnt love breath of the wild, i preffered the pre botw style of 3d zelda. Anyway, did nintendo just wake up or something and say “oh, guess we better start advertising our game”

It's literally Breath of the Wild 2. You aren't gonna like this if you didn't like Breath of the Wild, I'll tell you that for free.

Mr Hyde

I think this game has some sort of big twist, probably a parallel dark world that happens midway if trailers are anything to go by. Either way, not gonna watch anything more from the game, I'm going in blind. That's the best way to experience a new Zelda.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Not sure what people expect to see in the trailer. This is going to be way less impressive than BOTW was in 2017 in terms of technical prowess - the game will likely be 720p and sub 30FPS most of the time. That being said, I think the game itself has “all-time great” potential if we’re going off of what the team accomplished with the last game.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Not sure what people expect to see in the trailer. This is going to be way less impressive than BOTW was in 2017 in terms of technical prowess - the game will likely be 720p and sub 30FPS most of the time. That being said, I think the game itself has “all-time great” potential if we’re going off of what the team accomplished with the last game.
botw was 900p docked. They prob improved the engine.

And who cares?!

Last edited:

Metnut

Just make BOTW again with 7-10 big “legacy dungeons” and find ways to reward exploration a bit more (if that requires overhauling the equipment/weapon system and gating certain areas behind obtaining items, that’s fine).

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
botw was 900p docked. They prob improved the engine.

And who cares?!
Totally agree.
Hopefully this is the final “good” trailer we get before release?

Got this pre ordered even tho I’ve been iffy on what I’ve seen. They gotta be holding back
Holding back in what sense? A big surprise? Or just showing off gameplay in general? I’ll be kinda disappointed if the majority of the game takes place on the same map

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think this game has some sort of big twist, probably a parallel dark world that happens midway if trailers are anything to go by. Either way, not gonna watch anything more from the game, I'm going in blind. That's the best way to experience a new Zelda.
Yeah. I just remember Nintendo dropping the t-Rex trailer for Odyssey. They know how to keep things under wraps.

Holding back in what sense? A big surprise? Or just showing off gameplay in general? I’ll be kinda disappointed if the majority of the game takes place on the same map

Haven’t seen anything about dungeons or bosses

The DLC meme doesn’t match up to a massively long dev cycle for this, so it’s gotta be something more ambitious than what we’ve seen

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tears of the kingdom looked really sharp, I think in the history of Zelda games it will set itself apart, play good, feel good I don’t see a problem releasing it on the Switch.

jaysius

Banned
Last edited:

Mozza

Loved the original and was so hyped for it, guess a new console launching had something to do with that, this one will no doubt get me a bit more after tomorrow.

Fbh

Nice, about time they really show the game.
All the trailers and marketing has been rather underwhelming so far.

Top Bottom