• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: TP to be "hardcore" says Miyamoto

Source

Maxim: Don't you want to make an ol'-fashioned R-rated game?

Miyamoto: I would say the games that we're working on now, like the new Zelda, Twilight Princess, has hardcore content. And if you look at the Revolution's controllers, there's a nunchaku-style controller expansion that's really well suited to first-person shooters.

Xellotah

In before all the whiney weaksauce players.

Edit: Unless miyamoto was referring to the "teh mature" weaksauce crowd.. in which case *boo* *hiss* I demand some difficulty in our games.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
ManaByte said:
Will Link smolder with generic rage?

Nay. Unlike Ubisoft (more like BOOBIsoft, lol) or Sega, Nintendo doesn't need to appeal to the lowest common denominator for this to sell.

Xellotah said:
In before all the whiney weaksauce players.

Edit: Unless miyamoto was referring to the "teh mature" weaksauce crowd.. in which case *boo* *hiss* I demand some difficulty in our games.

I'm pretty sure he ment "teh mature" crowd.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
STORY SPOilerS!!

Link taps Zelda, Link gets arrested, but it turns out Hyrule is actually a county in Vermont so he gets off with a slap on the wrist and a packet of condoms.

Ghost said:
STORY SPOilerS!!

Link taps Zelda, Link gets arrested, but it turns out Hyrule is actually a county in Vermont so he gets off with a slap on the wrist and a packet of condoms.
Brillant!!

acidviper

Banned
In the final boss fight Link has a 3-way with Gannon and Zelda

And the only way to kill Ganon is to get a perfect money shot in Ganon's mouth with the silver uh. . . . arrow.

zelda%20and%20link.jpg

Xellotah

Links kills Ganon .... with an ak47 .... in first person mode ... whilst riding a warthog ... and wearing a space marine helmet.

Teddman

Well, some elf chick get shot dead point blank by marauders in the E3 demo, the enemies look downright demonic, and Link's stabbing attacks are more vicious than ever. So yeah, hardcore for a Zelda.

AniHawk

Teddman said:
Well, some elf chick get shot dead point blank by marauders in the E3 demo, the enemies look downright demonic, and Link's stabbing attacks are more vicious than ever. So yeah, hardcore for a Zelda.

she's not dead, but that was surprising

Madame M

Banned
Maybe they should focus on making it fun. The art style and graphics are already shit, that's the only hope they have.

mdm said:
Maybe they should focus on making it fun. The art style and graphics are already shit, that's the only hope they have.

*golf clap*

Congrats, that's about the worst post I've ever read...and when have zelda games ever failed to deliver on the fun?

I wonder if Ninty fans will suddenly praise mature games. You know....they don't praise anything until their fearless leader gets balls deep in it :lol . Rev will have online- "I suddenly support online!!"

:lol was that Gackt Zelda Kpop?

And this thread has hit a lotta low points...

I'm guessing he means its gonna be hard as hell. 100 hrs hard.

terrene

Banned
I would be more excited if this weren't the first game where link transforms into a wolf "avatar," like some kind of horrible furry fanfic come to life. "Hardcore?" No, really, thanks. Zelda: The Moonlit Yiffing, now with semen!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
terrene said:
I would be more excited if this weren't the first game where link transforms into a wolf "avatar," like some kind of horrible furry fanfic come to life. "Hardcore?" No, really, thanks. Zelda: The Moonlit Yiffing, now with semen!
sign me up!

didn't have any problem with Link transforming in Majora's Mask though, did you?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Guys isnt it obvious. Zelda and Link are finally about to kiss but then Link says that he is gay. C'mon, the costunme is a give away, who walks round with a skirt, or a "tunic" as the zelda fanboys call it.

Will this be the first video game to tackle FHUTA? It could be done using the controller in a zooming (IE stabbing) motion.

FTW!

terrene

Banned
Scrow said:
sign me up!

didn't have any problem with Link transforming in Majora's Mask though, did you?
Actually I haven't played it yet. I have the disc for my GC sitting there, but I was thinking of going Rev download. I'm not in any rush.

You know, I understand that in Japan, the furry thing is just "cute" or something... Girls can just have animal ears coming out the top of their head and it's like "wee!" Hell, even FFX-2 dabbled in it a bit... But I was introduced to furrydom by PortalOfEvil.com. It's not cute to me, only pathetic and worthy of destruction and ridicule. :(

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
PhoenixDark said:
Will this be the first video game to tackle FHUTA? It could be done using the controller in a zooming (IE stabbing) motion.

FTW!
This is becoming too graphic now.

Mihail

Banned
Kon Tiki said:
The only hardcore are the people who have not sold thier Gamecubes yet.
Word life. A session of F-Zero GX per week is required for one to keep his gamer status. (****, I lost it over the holidays ):

Top Bottom