• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: TP to be "hardcore" says Miyamoto

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Kon Tiki said:
The only hardcore are the people who have not sold thier Gamecubes yet.
why would i sell my gamcube? there's almost no money to be made from it now and i still play games on it.

pollo

Banned
civilstrife said:
zot118ds.jpg

You rang?

:lol :lol :lol

If its hardcore like Zelda 2...must buy! If not, fuck off nintendo!

Tarazet

terrene said:
Actually I haven't played it yet. I have the disc for my GC sitting there, but I was thinking of going Rev download. I'm not in any rush.

You know, I understand that in Japan, the furry thing is just "cute" or something... Girls can just have animal ears coming out the top of their head and it's like "wee!" Hell, even FFX-2 dabbled in it a bit... But I was introduced to furrydom by PortalOfEvil.com. It's not cute to me, only pathetic and worthy of destruction and ridicule. :(

I don't see why it would even bother you, since Link actually transforms into a wolf, and not some wolf-dude like something out of the Shining Force games..

terrene

Banned
sonarrat said:
I don't see why it would even bother you, since Link actually transforms into a wolf, and not some wolf-dude like something out of the Shining Force games..
Fully transforming into an animal at will is the ultimate desire of many furries, and even if it wasn't, the motif of anthropromorphism is still there, as the "wolf" (presumably) has Link's consciousness inside and acts as a warrior on the side of nobility, which a wolf cannot do.

Go touch a cat.

Spike

terrene said:
I would be more excited if this weren't the first game where link transforms into a wolf "avatar," like some kind of horrible furry fanfic come to life. "Hardcore?" No, really, thanks. Zelda: The Moonlit Yiffing, now with semen!

WTF?!?! It's better than the bunny rabbit he changed into in LTTP, no?

Ranger X

Link is about
to have sex with Zelda, he's behind but suddendly the night falls, it's fullmoon and then he transform into a werewolf.... so this ends into beast sex.

That's hardcore indeed. Furries fan ahoy!!

AniHawk

Wyzdom said:
Link is about
to have sex with Zelda, he's behind but suddendly the night falls, it's fullmoon and then he transform into a werewolf.... so this ends into beast sex.

That's hardcore indeed. Furries fan ahoy!!

It sounds like you've given this some thought.

callous

terrene said:
Fully transforming into an animal at will is the ultimate desire of many furries, and even if it wasn't, the motif of anthropromorphism is still there, as the "wolf" (presumably) has Link's consciousness inside and acts as a warrior on the side of nobility, which a wolf cannot do.

Ok, you're thinking way too much about this. Just play the damn game. Would you not play a Star Wars game just because you knew that somewhere out there, someone is jerking off to a Leia figurine?

Animals have been in basically every single fairy tale and tale of adventure since the dawn of time. Stop giving furries any credit for anything. They don't deserve anything but pity and psychological help.

I'm not saying this just as a response to your post. I've just noticed an alarming and growing trend of people getting all up in arms over increasingly ridiculous things that they somehow manage to, wrongly, associate with furrydom. At this rate, dog owners will end up being called perverts around 2010.

Maybe Nintendo, in an attempt to further solidify their status with their fans, decided to incorporate user created slash fic in the game. Joe Cracker is now managing director of Z:TP.

Dragmire

terrene said:
You know, I understand that in Japan, the furry thing is just "cute" or something... Girls can just have animal ears coming out the top of their head and it's like "wee!" Hell, even FFX-2 dabbled in it a bit... But I was introduced to furrydom by PortalOfEvil.com. It's not cute to me, only pathetic and worthy of destruction and ridicule. :(
I can't even tell if this is a joke. I'd say yes, but then I see terrene's name...

terrene

Banned
callous said:
Ok, you're thinking way too much about this. Just play the damn game. Would you not play a Star Wars game just because you knew that somewhere out there, someone is jerking off to a Leia figurine?

Animals have been in basically every single fairy tale and tale of adventure since the dawn of time. Stop giving furries any credit for anything. They don't deserve anything but pity and psychological help.

I'm not saying this just as a response to your post. I've just noticed an alarming and growing trend of people getting all up in arms over increasingly ridiculous things that they somehow manage to, wrongly, associate with furrydom. At this rate, dog owners will end up being called perverts around 2010.
lol

I'm being pretty facetious dude. Just looking for an angle on the use of the word "hardcore" like all the other niggas on this thread.

Furries are fucked up, though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
mdm said:
Maybe they should focus on making it fun. The art style and graphics are already shit, that's the only hope they have.

LOL. Go back to Teamxbox.

Wafflecopter said:
I wonder if Ninty fans will suddenly praise mature games. You know....they don't praise anything until their fearless leader gets balls deep in it :lol . Rev will have online- "I suddenly support online!!"

Don't know what you're talking about. Well, maybe there are a few who act like that. But I for one have always wanted online, regardless of whatever excuses Iwata made with the GC. Furthermore, you can make a game "mature" without appealing to the lowest common denominator, you know. If Nintendo made a game that appealed to wannabe "gangstas" and the like, I would never fully endorse them. I didn't with cel shading, and I won't with that, either.

Top Bottom