• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 announced, Summer 2016. PR: 3DS and Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for bumping this thread in case anyone is hoping for new info but i had a question i had to ask after beating zero escape

who is Phi?? the secret file said theres a few hints

my only thought was that she was related to Santa because of the white hair but isn't Akane his sister?

also who is the person in Kyle's body at the end?

end was crazy btw.. wasn't expecting so many twists and new plot threads opening up.. tenmyouji being junpei holy shit.. i had a thought when we saw the picture but then i was wondering why clover is still young

Hylian7

sorry for bumping this thread in case anyone is hoping for new info but i had a question i had to ask after beating zero escape

who is Phi?? the secret said theres a few hints

my only thought was that she was related to Santa because of the white hair but isn't Akane his sister?

also who is the person in Kyle's body at the end?

end was crazy btw.. wasn't expecting so many twists and new plot threads opening up.. tenmyouji being junpei holy shit.. i had a thought when we saw the picture but then i was wondering why clover is still young

The person in Kyle's body is the player, since it's implied he was also in Sigma's body at one point.

We don't know for sure who Phi is. We pretty much know what the game said: She showed up and was in the Mars Mission Test Site incident (what happens in ZTD), she was put in one of the life pods and that's how she's in VLR. Beyond that, we don't know very much, and will find out in ZTD.

NotLiquid

CaurccDUAAAGNPW.jpg

Stupid sexy Participant 1. Anyone wanna take bets on who people are gonna think this is? I'm thinking we'll get another round of
Dio / Left
. Personally, I think they may be new.

Bowlie

Banned
*rushes to thread*

Huh, this handsome man intrigues me and I don't know why.

I can't help but think it wasn't intended to end like that, but either the publisher or the writer were fed up with working on it and wanted it done.

Ah, it definitely felt like a rushed ending. I still love it, though.

My memory on this is probably REALLY wrong, but in VLR
doesn't Quark have a freakout and starts telling everyone to kill him? With all this time traveling body possession going on, what are the chances someone inhabited his body to implore people to kill him, so his future self doesn't travel back in time to do some evil deeds
?

DNAbro

doesn't Quark have a freakout and starts telling everyone to kill him? With all this time traveling body possession going on, what are the chances someone inhabited his body to implore people to kill him, so his future self doesn't travel back in time to do some evil deeds
?

Wasn't that radical-6's fault? I'm going to guess that isn't going to happen.

Bowlie

Banned
?

Well... everything is possible in this crazy series, but that was due to Rad6.

Phamit

?

At some point Radical 6 is going to make you kill yourself

Bowlie

Banned
First thing to jump out at me. Although I suppose it could be
Left as well. Or even Brother somehow? Or... Left and Brother are related to Ace.

Do you think ZTD will throw references to 999's characters? This never crossed my mind!

edit: I'm talking about the participants, not the background characters

Nicolada

?
That was the
Radical 6 freakout, but he was also shouting stuff about his soul during that scene, so something's gotta be up.

grim-tales

If I was a girl, I'd find Participant 1 sexy, hell, he's pretty handsome and good looking either way, looks like
a younger version of Ace for some reason, maybe he could be a villain

I'm going out on a limb here, but to me he looks like
__Santa__
But most probably he's a completely new character.

Anything's possible, so yeah.
Has it been said that
__Left__
even participated at the Mars Mission Test Site?

Hylian7

__Santa__

Has it been said that
__Left__

Hasn't been said for sure, but one of the VLR questions was something about "Will we see Dio again?" The answer was something like "Sort of, but it won't necessarily be him." It was pretty heavily implied that we would see a clone here, but we don't know if he is a participant or not.

GSR

__Santa__

Has it been said that
__Left__

It's not possible for
the original Left
to be there:

ZE wiki said:
Left was the younger brother of Brother. He was found dead when Brother was sixteen.

His death was attributed to suicide, yet his body was covered in bruises. Later, Brother found out that the killer had paid the police a massive bribe to keep the truth hidden from the public. Left's murderer is a mystery.

His death led Brother to create Free the Soul. After Free the Soul was created, Brother kidnapped a group of scientists to create clones of Left.

Number 1 could be
another clone
, but - y'all. At some point we're gonna have to admit not every character in ZTD will be a returning/previously mentioned one.

Also, on the subject of the art itself - I am gonna laugh a little bit if the next female character revealed also has giant eyes and all the dudes continue to have regular-sized ones. But in general I feel like the art will work better once we see it in full quality, like Sigma's.

He looks nothing like
Left or Dio
either.
Also, to me he looks a little like a more adult
_Santa_

To me I can see a bit of
Dio
in him. I mean they can't make it too obvious, right? By the way, I love how everyone keeps trying to put a name to these characters when most of them are probably new characters.

Also, on the subject of the art itself - I am gonna laugh a little bit if the next female character revealed also has giant eyes and all the dudes continue to have regular-sized ones. But in general I feel like the art will work better once we see it in full quality, like Sigma's.

I'm pretty sure that all the guys will have regular sized eyes while almost all (if not all) the women (and children if there are any) will have big eyes. It's a common trope in manga and anime nowadays.
In 999 the only male character with big eyes was Junpei. Of the female characters only Lotus had regular sized eyes.
In VLR Quark was the only male character to have big eyes. The only female character with regular sized eyes was Lotus 2.0 Alice.

So yeah, expect one female character at most to have regular sized eyes and one male character at most to have big round ones.

To me I can see a bit of
Dio
in him. I mean they can't make it too obvious, right? By the way, I love how everyone keeps trying to put a name to these characters when most of them are probably new characters.
Yeah, I'm actually pretty sure that he's a new character. Like, 70% sure he's new and only 30% sure it may or may not be
Santa

For what it's worth I don't even think we will see
an embodiment of Kyle
in this game.
At least not in the true ending, I think. Schrödinger's cat stuff, you know.

NotLiquid

It's most likely not
Santa. The hair ain't white.
Also this really needs to be kept in mind - the Mars Mission Test Site takes place only one year after 999. I can buy that Participant 2 could be
Junpei
but unless
Santa
had a growth spurt he ain't Participant 1.

redhood56

Banned
I think he is
a left clone.
it would be really interesting if he had a completely different personality than Dio did in vlr. Anyway I am still super hyped.

Anybody got theories on the remaining characters?

Here's a breakdown of what we have so far:

N.1 - Bully handsome guy, possible Left Clone
N.2 - Relaxed dude, can be Junpei, but we don't know.
N.3 - ???
N.4 - ???
N.5 - ???
N.6 - Apathetic girl, there is a sliver of chance that she is Phi and underwent a radical haircut between ZTD and VLR. Honestly, I think that Uchikoshi barely remembers Nona...
N.7 - Cutey innocent girl, possibly Diana, definitely the girl on the artwork.
N.8 - ???
N.9 - Definitely Sigma...

Following the male-female pattern they used, I kinda expect them to show two more females and one male, then a surprise dog for last!
I expect the remaining male to be Santa, I seriously hope for it, but we already have a potential snarky dude.
The two girls, well. I don't know. After those two, we need a Lotus/Alice character. I'm not talking about big boobs, but the usual woman with a temper. Which can also be a woman in her forties, with glasses.

Seriously, half of the fun of the wait is making these theories...

Participant 1 looks so smug that I can't tell if he's going to be an evil guy or just a cocky guy who is trying to be good. Liking the overall cast so far, here's hoping a crazy design shows up. We had one in every game to some degree.

Bowlie

Banned
Stupid sexy Participant 1. Anyone wanna take bets on who people are gonna think this is? I'm thinking we'll get another round of
Dio / Left
. Personally, I think they may be new.

ah yes, the pretty boy.

New character is hot. I love the design.

Stupid sexy participant 1

!!!!!

I'm not gay, but umm, this dude is really good looking. Yet another fantastic character design! Perhaps he's the firefighter that was hinted at on the 4infinity website?

Great! I had Lost hope for today, but here he is! Magnificent!
Everything just screams
Dio/Left
, but I'm ready to be surprised!

Watch as this guy is snarky but turns out to be someone you trust in the end. Handsome dude though.

If I was a girl, I'd find Participant 1 sexy, hell, he's pretty handsome and good looking either way, looks like
a younger version of Ace for some reason, maybe he could be a villain

I agree that we all had a little crush on him.

redhood56

Banned
There is always the possibility that
the participants aren't the only characters in the game. Let's say if Santa isn't the remaining male, I wouldn't rule him out of the game. I could see him pop up at the end with akane or something.
who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom