• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

Finally received my copy, I'm going to need a refresher on 999 and VLR. I'm really impressed with videogamesplus.ca delivery times, I had it in one week and the game flew across the globe.
it's bullshit that in Europe the games which is available only digitally costs as much than importing it from another continent

Oh man that entire
d-end 2
ending.

Oh man that moment when
you enter the code for the force quit box for D-team FeelsSoBadMan ;_______;

Oh God.

The
Radical-6
section with Team Q. All this talk of
DNA. Some of these characters are going to be related aren't they? D:

Phi has orange eyebrows. Diana has orange hair. Oh man! I wonder if Carlos is somehow Akane and Junpei's son too?!

EDIT: I also don't trust
Gab. I can see a mega twist coming up involving him. Oh yeah, and Q broke the knife in the Bio-Lab. Another clue after he could lift the Force Quit Box? Is he a robot or what?!
Very suspicious!

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Griss

So I think I've beaten all the puzzle rooms. I'm about 12 hours in and I must say very little has happened and the fractured nature of the narrative has really hurt the story. There will have to be a massive payoff at this rate. So far it has been a disappointment. Not bad, but nowhere near VLR.

Currently suspecting that zero is
Phi, who appears to possibly be some kind of interdimensional child or something if she disappeared through the transporter. I really wish her eyebrows didn't make a presumably upcoming plot twist super obvioud, though if they're a red herring I'll be delighted.
Was also interesting to see
Q's true nature.
Interesting, but kind of divorced from the overall drama.

I just really wish they hadn't introduced the
transporter
element to the story, but I'll wait till I'm finished to judge.

Also, really struggling to unlock new fragments here. I don't have too many left.

D-END 1....

P01vs.gif

Well that certainly escalated quickly! What in the hell was
Sigma even doing staying behind with the bomb?!

Oh and bloody hell Mira!
So you're the one who's responsible for basically wiping out the human race in the timeline for VLR!
Way to go you cow!

Skii

Oh man shit is getting real now!

I just completed a puzzle for D team

It was the healing room. Fairly easy but that's the way I like it lol.

I really don't understand why Phi keeps calling Sigma "old" and stuff like that? Wasn't it established that Phi and Sigma are both mentally the same age in VLR and were both being sent back to 2028 to somehow find the cure for Radical 6 and save the world? Now Sigma is saying he's mentally old??? I'm really confused. Is this Sigma not the same one from VLR?

It was pretty upsetting watching Sigma die. Luna's song is so beautifully sad. And then Phi and Luna die shortly after.

I feel like I know who the hooded killer was... I already established in my first puzzle of Q team that Mira is mentally ill and killed her mother just so she could feel the warmth of a heart. But the hooded killer also had black nail polish like Mira so I assume it's her? It's not really consistent with what we know of her so far just to heartlessly kill everyone.

I am so confused. Which is pretty much how it should be before the final 5 minutes of the game haha.

Yeah, if anyone can explain Sigma to me, I'd appreciate it. I've only played one puzzle for each team so far so maybe I just need more information from ZTD? Or maybe I misunderstood the ending of VLR.

asagami_

Banned
Yeah, if anyone can explain Sigma to me, I'd appreciate it. I've only played one puzzle for each team so far so maybe I just need more information from ZTD? Or maybe I misunderstood the ending of VLR.

ZTD Sigma is old Sigma (Zero Sr.) in his young body. The young Sigma, after being "stabbed" by Akane, returns to the past, but after the events of Dcom, where he is now without his original arms and will grow as Zero Sr.

It's a mess, but I think is still easier understand Sigma situation than Phi. I am still having problems to understand how
her mind flows between VLR and ZTD.

Fluxdyne

Oh man shit is getting real now!

I just completed a puzzle for D team

It was the healing room. Fairly easy but that's the way I like it lol.

I really don't understand why Phi keeps calling Sigma "old" and stuff like that? Wasn't it established that Phi and Sigma are both mentally the same age in VLR and were both being sent back to 2028 to somehow find the cure for Radical 6 and save the world? Now Sigma is saying he's mentally old??? I'm really confused. Is this Sigma not the same one from VLR?

It was pretty upsetting watching Sigma die. Luna's song is so beautifully sad. And then Phi and Luna die shortly after.

I feel like I know who the hooded killer was... I already established in my first puzzle of Q team that Mira is mentally ill and killed her mother just so she could feel the warmth of a heart. But the hooded killer also had black nail polish like Mira so I assume it's her? It's not really consistent with what we know of her so far just to heartlessly kill everyone.

I am so confused. Which is pretty much how it should be before the final 5 minutes of the game haha.

VLR spoilers
In ZTD you are playing as VLR's Zero (old Sigma's consciousness).
VLR begins when old Sigma's consciousness goes to young Sigma's body (and vice versa). Young Sigma's consciousness plays the VLR Nonary Game, Old Sigma's consciousness plays ZTD Decision Game. After that, they swap consciousness again and this is VLR's ending: Young Sigma's consciousness is talking to Akane in the past... ZTD has already happened here, radical 6 is already spread; Old Sigma's consciousness is back to the future, but we don't see him directly when we play as Kyle in the very ending of the game.
Hopefully this is enough for you to understand.

Vibed

ZTD Sigma is old Sigma (Zero Sr.) in his young body. The young Sigma, after being "stabbed" by Akane, returns to the past, but after the events of Dcom, where he is now without his original arms and will grow as Zero Sr.

It's a mess, but I think is still easier understand Sigma situation than Phi. I am still having problems to understand how
her mind flows between VLR and ZTD.
She follows the same path as Sigma, except she's in cold sleep. Hence her youth mentally (as well as physically in VLR).

Fluxdyne

So I'm stuck...
I just got the ending with the twins and found I have a bunch of ?s left... Not sure what to do next
. Any hints?

It's probably one of these (maybe both):
1:
Have you watched all outcomes of the execution vote in the beginning of the game? There are 4 circles in the global flowchart indicating the possible outcomes. Are they all lit?

2:
Did you get the two possible outcomes of the "Who Killed Mira?" decision? If you haven't, don't lie to Eric (you don't know who killed Mira right?).

It's probably one of these (maybe both):
1:
Have you watched all outcomes of the execution vote in the beginning of the game? There are 4 circles in the global flowchart indicating the possible outcomes. Are they all lit?

2:
Did you get the two possible outcomes of the "Who Killed Mira?" decision? If you haven't, don't lie to Eric (you don't know who killed Mira right?).
The 1st and 4th circles aren't lit. How do I watch them?

Skii

VLR spoilers
In ZTD you are playing as VLR's Zero (old Sigma's consciousness).
VLR begins when old Sigma's consciousness goes to young Sigma's body (and vice versa). Young Sigma's consciousness plays the VLR Nonary Game, Old Sigma's consciousness plays ZTD Decision Game. After that, they swap consciousness again and this is VLR's ending: Young Sigma's consciousness is talking to Akane in the past... ZTD has already happened here, radical 6 is already spread; Old Sigma's consciousness is back to the future, but we don't see him directly when we play as Kyle in the very ending of the game.
Hopefully this is enough for you to understand.

So
it's not the same Sigma? Why does Phi act so friendly with him? This should be the first time they've met now right? So Phi is the only one who's young mind was sent back into 2028 for ZTD?

Fluxdyne

The 1st and 4th circles aren't lit. How do I watch them?

Replay the execution vote decision with all teams again, twice (one for the 1st circle, one for the 4th circle).
I can't check right now, but I'm guessing the first circle is "Everyone lives", so follow the Gabletter instructions. For the 4th circle you probably need to make a certain team die, so vote accordingly.

asagami_

Banned
So
it's not the same Sigma? Why does Phi act so friendly with him? This should be the first time they've met now right? So Phi is the only one who's young mind was sent back into 2028 for ZTD?

I see this way:
ZTD Phi is Phi with her consciousness who already experimented the VLR events. The "vanilla" Phi, the one from before the Dcom, travels to her body who is sleeping, and her mind is replaced with the aforementioned Phi. She awakes in the same room with Sigma 45 years later.

But I don't know if my guess is right. That is the reason why I don't can accept the answer from Vibed.

Fluxdyne

So

I wouldn't really say it isn't the same Sigma... He is the Old Sigma, but he remembers playing the VLR with Phi a long time ago...
I may be mistaken about Phi here, but I believe it is the same Phi you've met in VLR, and the events of this game happens right after VLR in her point of view (can someone confirm this?)
Sigma and Phi already stayed some days in Dcom before the beginning of the Decision Game, so they also had some interaction there.

Edit:
I see this way:
ZTD Phi is Phi with her consciousness who already experimented the VLR events. The "vanilla" Phi, the one from before the Dcom, travels to her body who is sleeping, and her mind is replaced with the aforementioned Phi. She awakes in the same room with Sigma 45 years later.

But I don't know if my guess is right. That is the reason why I don't can accept the answer from Vibed.

Yeah, that's the way I see it too.

So I have just two fragments left for Q team, one for D team and one for C team and nothing is unlocking them. Done Force Quit C and Force Quit D but Force Quit Q I don't know the answer for that yet, was told that is the last thing to do in the game or very near end game at least? I have seen every single outcome now and keep going back to
Eric killing Carlos with the shotgun after trying every open fragment and nothing is unlocking.
HELP. I'm so stuck now. Looked online and followed everything and nothing else is happening, no exclamations are showing up anywhere and there's no other outcomes left to do that I can see.

Fluxdyne

So I have just two fragments left for Q team, one for D team and one for C team and nothing is unlocking them. Done Force Quit C and Force Quit D but Force Quit Q I don't know the answer for that yet, was told that is the last thing to do in the game or very near end game at least? I have seen every single outcome now and keep going back to
Eric killing Carlos with the shotgun after trying every open fragment and nothing is unlocking.
HELP. I'm so stuck now. Looked online and followed everything and nothing else is happening, no exclamations are showing up anywhere and there's no other outcomes left to do that I can see.

Hmm... Can you post pictures of your global flowchart?

are all circles indicating the execution votes lit?

I've reached a stand still. I'm unsure where to progress. Details -

Haven't opened any of the Force Quit Boxes. Unsure if I know the passwords.

Don't know what the far right option is for Q Team 3-Way Standoff

Dunno who killed Mira when Eric has the shotgun

Dunno how to get the Sigma dies, Phi and Diana live scenario with Gun vs Incinerator

Don't know what the password is for the Door of Truth

My flowchart looks like this. http://i.imgur.com/stV1quo.jpg

Where from here?

GLuigi

Dunno how to get the Sigma dies, Phi and Diana live scenario with Gun vs Incinerator

Dunno who killed Mira when Eric has the shotgun

Keep replaying the decision game and keep pulling the trigger. You will get it eventually

EDIT:
Also with the "Who Killed Mira?" section, just be honest to Eric.
Another alternative answer:
letting time run out is a valid option

Not sure what the top part of your flowchart looks like, but
it seems like you still need to kill off Q team via voting that should unlock another fragment

it seems I'm stuck. no new fragments have been unlocked. I don't know what to do.
I got the crossbow ending and the outbreak one. zero gave me a code, I thought it was for the yellow door sigma and diana found in the locker room, but it seems it was for q's helmet. I don't have a lot of possibilities, I took all the routes, including the game over ones. those who rest I cannot respond for now, that are sigma and diana hidden door code, the 'who killed mira' question from eric to q, and 'who to shoot' question from the triangle fragment. i thought i had to reply 'sean' for this one, but it doesn't work. sigh...
any hint? without being too spoilery?

edit : looks like i am at the same point than above lol

Javier

it seems I'm stuck. no new fragments have been unlocked. I don't know what to do.
the 'who killed mira' question from eric to q,

edit : looks like i am at the same point than above lol
Hint:
You shouldn't overthink this. If you were in Q's shoes, what would you say?

Answer:
"DONTKNOW" or "DUNNO", or alternatively, let the timer run out.

Guys, you were right about 999. I just finished it with the true ending (after doing sub, safe and coffin) and it kinda blew my mind. Ready to jump into VLR.

Tom_Cody

Question on Virtue's Last Reward and I thought this would be a good place to drop it:

I'm playing through for the first time and I just got my first "ending". Actually, I believe I hit a "lock" and didn't get an ending at all. The game just stopped and I restarted from the first scene.

The flow chart included with the game shows 18 paths. Do I need to play through all of them to see all of the content? Or is it like 999 where some of the paths have the same ending?

And is there a sequence I can play through to avoid hitting locks? Should I just go left to right?

Neil_J_UK

Question on Virtue's Last Reward and I thought this would be a good place to drop it:

I'm playing through for the first time and I just got my first "ending". Actually, I believe I hit a "lock" and didn't get an ending at all. The game just stopped and I restarted from the first scene.

The flow chart included with the game shows 18 paths. Do I need to play through all of them to see all of the content? Or is it like 999 where some of the paths have the same ending?

And is there a sequence I can play through to avoid hitting locks? Should I just go left to right?

With VLR, you either get an ending or a 'to be continued...' The latter means you will need to see a different ending before you can progress down that path. I played left to right throughout the flowchart, and you will hit a few spots where you will need to re-visit it later, but IMO that's a perfectly fine way to play and it almost adds to the story slightly. Can't really say any more without spoiling anything.

Tom_Cody

With VLR, you either get an ending or a 'to be continued...' The latter means you will need to see a different ending before you can progress down that path. I played left to right throughout the flowchart, and you will hit a few spots where you will need to re-visit it later, but IMO that's a perfectly fine way to play and it almost adds to the story slightly. Can't really say any more without spoiling anything.
Thanks

Necrovex

Seems like I am in trouble. Slight spoilers.
I completed the locker room, and hit a dead end, that's cool since I will find the needed code in another timeline. But I cant switch to a new time flow or a team. The game isn't letting me leave the transporter flow or the locker room flow. Messing around with the game and I am simply stuck.I have accessed every fragment and I am completely trapped. I read on Gamefaq to return to the transporter fragment but I can't find anything new in that timeline. Can anyone help me out?

JimPanzer

I'm stuck, only one ending missing...

So I've got the computer code from delta and don't know how to advance from here. I've got one fragment missing on the 3-way stand off (already shot delta) and a complete line of fragments after the "Don't Press" decision for the yellow button.

asagami_

Banned
I am in a fragment where there are white walls.
It's only Q and Eric, and I have to hit certain circles with the hammer to move the walls and match three green lines.

There is some kind of rule, right? I guess the first thing I need to do is to match both the second and third floor, but I can't. Maybe I need to think in other ways of solving this problem..

Kinsei

Banned
I am in a fragment where there are white walls.
It's only Q and Eric, and I have to hit certain circles with the hammer to move the walls and match three green lines.

There is some kind of rule, right? I guess the first thing I need to do is to match both the second and third floor, but I can't. Maybe I need to think in other ways of solving this problem..

That's not what you're rotating the walls for.

Here's a bigger hint:
Pay close attention to the sides and think about how you got the hammer.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't recall if it was this bad in the previous two, but man, the voice acting in this game is absolutely horrendous. I had to switch to Japanese audio, I couldn't take it anymore. Eric made my freaking ears bleed.

Really enjoying it so far otherwise though.

mrmickfran

So I'm kind of confused.

I got what I assumed is the True Ending:
CQD-END 2
. But Q-Team still has 2 fragments that I haven't unlocked. And I have no way to reach them.

What gives?

Fluxdyne

So I'm kind of confused.

I got what I assumed is the True Ending:
CQD-END 2
. But Q-Team still has 2 fragments that I haven't unlocked. And I have no way to reach them.

What gives?
Which fragments? Are you sure you aren't missing any decision outcome?
did you get all execution outcomes in execution vote decision? There are 4 circles indicating that in the global flowchart. Are they all lit?

mrmickfran

Which fragments? Are you sure you aren't missing any decision outcome?
did you get all execution outcomes in execution vote decision? There are 4 circles indicating that in the global flowchart. Are they all lit?
Yes, that was the case. Thank you.

I don't recall if it was this bad in the previous two, but man, the voice acting in this game is absolutely horrendous. I had to switch to Japanese audio, I couldn't take it anymore. Eric made my freaking ears bleed.

999 doesn't have any voice acting, and the voice acting in VLR was fantastic, as it is in ZTD. Saying it's 'absolutely horrendous' is total hyperbole. The performances range from passable to being flat-out amazing at times.

At first I thought Akane and Junpei had bad voice acting, but even they've grown on me now that I've heard more from them.

mrmickfran

999 doesn't have any voice acting, and the voice acting in VLR was fantastic, as it is in ZTD. Saying it's 'absolutely horrendous' is total hyperbole. The performances range from passable to being flat-out amazing at times.

It's nowhere near the quality of VLR though.

That game had Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and Liam O'Brien.

BlackJace

Stuck again.

Sort of maybe endgame?
I'm at the What is Zero's Real Name decision. I thought it was revealed that Zero is Brother. I typed that in and it doesn't work. There doesn't seem to be anything for me to do, so I'm at a loss.

EDIT: Resolved, but it took me foreeeeeeeever. This was so much easier in VLR imo

The flashback scenes with Eric are particularly unbearable, holy shit.

Top Bottom