• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

wamberz1

Beat it yesterday.

This was my face when I got the
hope of two
ending and started putting everything together:

Jwm2y.gif

I feel like there's a massive hole in my life now that will never be filled again. The Zero Escape trilogy is fantastic and should be played by everyone.

Kinsei

Banned
So I just got the
Perceptive
ending.

Delta is Zero and we are Delta? Q is Shaun?

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

P.S. Please do not tell me what the fuck is going on.

ST2K

Just booted it up for the first time and played 10 minutes.

And I won.

This series is so lovably stupid.

Dremorak

Banned
Still not out on NZ eshop :(

This is the first time I've heard of a release date coming and going with no announcement and no reply from the publisher :(

WHHHHYYY

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
999 doesn't have any voice acting, and the voice acting in VLR was fantastic, as it is in ZTD. Saying it's 'absolutely horrendous' is total hyperbole. The performances range from passable to being flat-out amazing at times.

At first I thought Akane and Junpei had bad voice acting, but even they've grown on me now that I've heard more from them.

Or my opinion just differs from yours.

It's taken weeks, but I finally get to start playing.

Glad that the story moves along much faster now. An hour in and still no puzzles, though.

I've played near 16 hours for these past few days and so far, I think I've got the main themes of this ZTD. Its also pretty enjoyable, just as good as VLR IMO. Also this game has an easy feels button every god damn time they play the soundtrack
Lunas Lullaby.

Nezzhil

Finally received my copy, I'm going to need a refresher on 999 and VLR. I'm really impressed with videogamesplus.ca delivery times, I had it in one week and the game flew across the globe.
it's bullshit that in Europe the games which is available only digitally costs as much than importing it from another continent

I bought the game from the same shop than you, and I received it the same day too. This Canadian shop it's a glad surprise.

Jasconius

Need some help... from reading other people's hints I can see that I'm missing one of the four possibilities at the top (
C-Team's execution
) but I have no idea how to trigger the scene.

I have all but 1 fragment unlocked for C, all but 2 for Q, all but 1 for D, and I've chosen every option for who to vote for at the beginning, all of them are filled up. I've tried replaying both options for voting for C-Team but it doesn't trigger the scene... am I missing something else?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just repeated the same thing again and this time it worked...

h0tp0ck3t

So I just finished looking up The Monty Hall Problem and my mind is officially blown. I wish the game explained it better, but still....wow!

That part got me good. C-Team puzzle spoilers
I was coming at it from Junpei's perspective of 50/50 and found the mask each time. Only when I DIDN'T switch my original choice did I not find it

asagami_

Banned
Thanks Kinsei for the hint! When I discovered what I was missing, the rest of the escape was easier than I expected. Just a few mini-games were difficult, but nothing than brute force can't do!

From the original set of fragments, I have only one fragment of C-Team and two of D-Team. I can't waiting to start unlocking new fragments.

Hero

Playing through the game and I don't know, I like it but I'm not enjoying it anywhere near as much as I did 999 or VLR. Something about the fragments just not making me feel it.

Exentryk

Finished VLR last night, and now considering buying this. Anyone know if this runs well on the 3DS? Or would I be better off buying on PC?

h0tp0ck3t

Finished VLR last night, and now considering buying this. Anyone know if this runs well on the 3DS? Or would I be better off buying on PC?

Theres a few slowdowns in some areas (very minor to me at least) and two of the characters have kinda muddied textures on their shirts but otherwise I haven't had any issues.

I am stuck again!

2 fragments for each team remain locked. I got all endings except the far right one. I can't see a route on the flowchart I didn't take.
could a gentle soul give me a subtle hint?

argh, I can't, I don't have my PC right now.

basically, all that's left is a far left route coming from 'first come first saved : D'. It's the one where nobody pushed the yellow button in the decontamination room. everything else seems to be complete.

The far left path is the
Force quit boxes. If you think you can open them using he passwords or whatever then that's where you want to go. If not, it must be something else.

Edit:

On the far right path you mentioned, have you
got the leftmost of the 4 branches. I think you need that one

The Sleeping Beauty Problem? Mind blown again! And
metempsychosis?
I think I might know the direction this is going in....

Every time someone
dies their consciousness goes to Gab?! Is Zero's consciousness within Gab?! I DON'T TRUST GAB!

Oh, and I'm not sure if the game is misleading me, but at this point it seems pretty obvious that
Phi is Diana and Sigma's daughter.

I suspected that. however I can't find a way to input any code on this.

They're probably one of the fragments you're missing. Copy pasting my edit.

Edit:

On the far right path you mentioned, have you got the leftmost of the 4 branches. I think you need that one to proceed. The other 3 aren't as important.

If you don't for that one path you need to
shoot Eric

Otherwise I think you must be missing something on the flowchart :(

They're probably one of the fragments you're missing. Copy pasting my edit.

Edit:

On the far right path you mentioned, have you got the leftmost of the 4 branches. I think you need that one to proceed. The other 3 aren't as important.

If you don't for that one path you need to
shoot Eric

Otherwise I think you must be missing something on the flowchart :(

damn

I have 2 codes given by zero to input somewhere : 'vive hodie' and the code to the quantum computer console.

edit : OK I get it.
I had to make all 3 teams vote again to get the 'everyone survives' outcome. new fragments unlocked, phew.

I'm only an hour and a half in so I'm hoping that it just has an awkward opening and eventually gets into a groove, but I'm getting a little bit worried. It's clearly much more up-front about being a sequel than VLR was, but at the same time it seems like it's stepping back from that, trying to be accessible to new players in a way that winds up being frustrating since I'm already up to date and I'd like to just jump into the thick of it. It feels like a third act that's trying way too hard to function as a first act.

(Also laughed and said "of course" that in a game with so little animation they still made sure to include jiggle physics for Tits McGee.)

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished it (every ending and game over) and I really enjoyed it. My series ranking from best to least best (but still amazing) is VLR > ZTD > 999.

Um...

Two hours in, I solved
Force Quit: D
using only knowledge from VLR.

It feels good to sequence-break like this, even if they still make sure you can't actually advance from here.

...And then leave you wondering what the hell you are looking at.

Griss

Um...

Two hours in, I solved Force Quit: D using only knowledge from VLR.

It feels good to sequence-break like this, even if they still make sure you can't actually advance from here.

I did the same but the game wouldn't accept my answers. So I played through the entire game to get the real answers and curiously STILL couldn't get it so I looked it up and the solution was
I had to put in one space in bluebird.

Raging.

h0tp0ck3t

Um...

Two hours in, I solved
Force Quit: D
using only knowledge from VLR.

...And then leave you wondering what the hell you are looking at.

Prepare to have your mind blown so fucking hard when you get there
:)

I did the same but the game wouldn't accept my answers. So I played through the entire game to get the real answers and curiously STILL couldn't get it so I looked it up and the solution was
I had to put in one space in bluebird.

Raging.

It also accepted
MUSIC BOX
. But in either case you need
a space to fill nine characters

Although I did go back and replay those parts of VLR just to confirm the wording.

I'm legit stuck.

After the C-Team puzzle room N
uclear Reactor/Bomb/Wtf When you go through all those SHIFTS and get attack by Violent Q and Carlos Shifts to when he killed Akane and lost his hand.
What am I supposed to do after that? I don't really have any options left on my flowchart. Only thing I can think of is the
message he sent to Q-team to check the portrait. But when I went back to the Pod Room I couldn't do anything with it when I checked it.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm legit stuck.

After the C-Team puzzle room N
uclear Reactor/Bomb/Wtf When you go through all those SHIFTS and get attack by Violent Q and Carlos Shifts to when he killed Akane and lost his hand.
What am I supposed to do after that? I don't really have any options left on my flowchart. Only thing I can think of is the
message he sent to Q-team to check the portrait. But when I went back to the Pod Room I couldn't do anything with it when I checked it.

There should be
a new fragment with Q-Team that let's you remove the painting and examine the door.

If you've already done that and are still stuck then Hint:
Think about where you might have seen the door before.

EDIT: Fuck, I messed up the spoiler tags. Hope I didn't accidentally spoil someone.

There should be
a new fragment with Q-Team that let's you remove the painting and examine the door.

If you've already done that and are still stuck then Hint:
Think about where you might have seen the door before.

EDIT: Fuck, I messed up the spoiler tags. Hope I didn't accidentally spoil someone.

There's no new fragment.
And I Tried checking the door in the Pod Room, Q-Team Execution and the Locker room (not the same door but it's yellow so I thought it might work.)

EDIT: Figured it out.
Just had to let the time run out on Who Killed Mira. Because that's makes sense.

Kinsei

Banned
There's no new fragment.
And I Tried checking the door in the Pod Room, Q-Team Execution and the Locker room (not the same door but it's yellow so I thought it might work.)

EDIT: Figured it out.
Just had to let the time run out on Who Killed Mira. Because that's makes sense.

I never had to do that. I just
had to tell Eric that I didn't know who killed her.

ss_lemonade

Jesus, switching between memo to file to puzzle mode to memo to etc on the 3ds can be irritating. Why did they have to remove features that worked so great in the previous games :(. I don't even know what the second screen is for anymore (which is weird since people seem to count dual screens as a plus with the 3ds version). There's also some crazy input lag going on when note taking.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Just got ending
Q-End 1

First time I ever actually intentionally killed someone. Christ... Knew something was off about Mira, but I wasn't quite expecting that, lol.

Booted the game up for the first time, correctly chose which way the coin would be facing and got an ending after less than 5 mins. What? I get the point of it, but that's just silly.

asagami_

Banned
Lol Sigma at the start of D
oor of Truth
fragment.

Random button, lol. I expected old Sigma was wiser and calmer than his younger self, but nothing, I guess that even your body in his prime, nothing helps you from have a tired, cynical mind.

Top Bottom