• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma details - Playstation TV, art book, merchandise, Steam version

Gvitor

Nice to see they're planning on selling 999 and VLR's watches again as well. Here's hoping for international shipping.

-Horizon-

Watch as that artbook becomes part of a Limited Edition with the watch. Though considering it was the pre-order bonus in Japan, wonder why not for the US.

Yup, it's 48 pages & even includes a prequel written by Uchikoshi.

Hmm 48 pages, yeah feels like it should've been a preorder bonus.

yami4ct

Well, 999 on DS was unique and only possible on DS because of that.

I wonder how the would implement that on PC

They could just go to the puzzle screen, put the other thing over to the side or something and ditch a bit of what made the gimmick of the moment cool.

It's not ideal, but it would be a functional way to get the game on other consoles. Probably easier to do that on a PC/Console than mobile or Vita which have smaller screens. It would be hard to fit so much info on one screen, so you'd have to make even more severe cuts to the moment to make it work.

A year ago I would find difficult to believe that we'll be a month away from the final Zero Escape game at this point in time. I'll try to stay away from the Internet for a couple of days, as I'm going Steam this time.
Well, 999 on DS was unique and only possible on DS because of that.

I wonder how the would implement that on PC

I think a port of 999 would be a two screened one on PC, as I can't see Spike Chunsoft diverting much budget on a asset remaster or a revamp of the game mechanics - so that may appear similar to an emulator output.

Thanks for that, I did miss it when I was there.
The big thing otherwise not on OT is that Japanese dub is an option if you like that. No options for subs since they want you to pay attention to the text when new (skippable when old).

Yeah they said they would look into it but could promise nothing.
Dual audio isn't in the OP because we've known since the game was announced.

redhood56

Banned
It's great to finally see confirmation on the pc release in the US and EU. My computer is dying and probably won't make it to the release so I'll just stick with my vita watch pre order. I'm honestly fine with the way the game looks and as long as the frame rate is a stable 30 I'm good

That art book is SO mine!

SPEUESD.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It would be very stupid in my opinion to release 999 and VLR on PC after ZTD.

They should either release all three as a single $50 package, or in order separately.

Wanderer5

Hm if the steam version is going to be a few days later... I don't know, I might kind of like it on the go still, but I am a little worry with how the 3DS version is going to turn out.

As someone who's replayed 999 via an Emulator, the THING works fine, and doesn't detract from the experience in the slightest.

I really love the attention the series is getting now. Just to think two years ago we were all worried it would never even get a third/final installment.

Also, I'd spend wayy too much money on merch. Yes please.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I want this game on Steam or 3DS. The PC version will have a better resolution and I like having everything there if I can, but I kinda want to own all three games on a single console (yeah, technically 999 is a DS game, but whatever). This is going to be a difficult decision... What would Junpei do?

Are the other two games necessary to play before this one? I would love to jump in on ZTD but without the other games on Steam being a guarantee, seems like a bad idea.
I haven't played VLR yet, so I don't know how much it spoils 999. But I seriously recommend that you play the first game at least; I finished it a few days ago and it blew my mind so hard. It's amazing, really.

GamerJM

Banned
I'm getting this game on Vita but then replaying it on PC sometime down the road, unless it's so great that it warrants being replayed again right afterwords on PC.

BreakAtmo

If I could get my pre-order watch and the Vita version I would. I pre-oredered back when I only had a 3DS. The only thing that makes me happy about that is that the battery life is much longer on the 3DS. Recently playing through The Swapper and Killzone Mercenary have shown me the limits of the Vita's battery life.

Are you sure about that? In my experience and from what I've heard from others, they're about equal in battery life when on, and the Vita absolutely stomps the 3DS in sleep mode drain.

That artbook is fucking MINE
If it's a limited edition that will KILL me, I will not be around for some time right after ZTD releases (IRL stuff).

Yes, so glad PS TV compatibility is now confirmed. I'll be so happy playing this on the big screen. :) Not too much longer and it'll be released!

Hylian7

Fucking nasty. So many people in that thread are doing mental gymnastics to convince themselves the 3DS version "doesn't look that bad".

Honestly it's about what I expected. I don't have a Vita, nor any interest in getting one, and am fine with playing the downgraded 3DS version. It's passable enough for me at least, even though it does look bad in comparison with the Vita and PC versions.

Regarding the animation- I saw a remark somewhere that it is better to interpret the choreography not as a fully accurate representation but a more detailed approximation of the events taking place. Doesn't make much sense, but it can still be a useful approach I suppose.

Top Bottom