• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3): Another new character artwork, Participant 7

Now I don't like the new art direction... If she is indeed
Diana
she look like nothing like I've imaged. And the difference isn't in a good way in my eyes.

If she isn't
Diana
I'll be incredibly surprised, the first person that popped in mind when I opened the thread was
Luna

Kookos

Wow. She definitely looks weird. I'm starting to miss the 999/VLR character artist a bit here.

But who the hell cares, ZE3 is happening!

Fat Goron

Honestly.... the initial concept art looks SO MUCH BETTER than anythig we've seen so far, that I'm starting to worry if the game itself will, aesthetically, look anything like that at all....

Hylian7

I feel like opinions are very divided on the new art style. Honestly I actually like it, I guess I don't see what the problem is.

Honestly.... the initial concept art looks SO MUCH BETTER than anythig we've seen so far, that I'm starting to worry if the game itself will, aesthetically, look anything like that at all....

Yeah, after seeing this artwork I really hope they don't go back to 3D models again, they lacked any kind of charm. Live2D would be a way better choice.

Astral Dog

CZWf6iOW0AEPWHF.jpg

CZXckSxUEAA537R.jpg

CZ56J3MUcAAc-gA.jpg

CaO2CaIUUAA3pmb.jpg

All characters revealed so far.

hmm, the art style looks a bit different

Fat Goron

Because it's not Kinu Nishimura (999/VLR artist) handling it anymore.

The problem is not the it looks different from 999/VLR... it's that it looks different from what they initialy revealed, which was, in my opinion, much better than even 999/VLR.

crystola99

Neo Member
All the other eyes on the other characters thus far have been... Normal. Plus am I the only one noticing her face (jaw area more specifically?) is a bit... off? I guess my point is, i think she's supposed to look off. All the other characters look waaaay better than this.

I'm thinking that (vlr spoilers!!)
Diana
is supposed to look ugly because she's had an accident of some sort, or was just born that way from some sort of disease.
Luna was made to look prettier than her origin because her origin wanted to be pretty? idk

Just throwing random ideas out here, won't do it like, ever unless i think something is highly probable. We really won't know anything until a trailer, if anything. Anyway, glad to finally be on here and be part of the community! It's a bit weird, because I've tried to get on since 4infinity began, so I used to just refresh the 4infinity pages to see what you guys were talking about, desperately wanting to contribute to the fun. Thank goodness I just now discovered i could post, just in time for another Aksys teaser ^_^

Bowlie

Banned
All the other eyes on the other characters thus far have been... Normal. Plus am I the only one noticing her face (jaw area more specifically?) is a bit... off? I guess my point is, i think she's supposed to look off. All the other characters look waaaay better than this.

Diana
is supposed to look ugly because she's had an accident of some sort, or was just born that way from some sort of disease.
Luna was made to look prettier than her origin because her origin wanted to be pretty? idk

Just throwing random ideas out here, won't do it like, ever unless i think something is highly probable. We really won't know anything until a trailer, if anything. Anyway, glad to finally be on here and be part of the community! It's a bit weird, because I've tried to get on since 4infinity began, so I used to just refresh the 4infinity pages to see what you guys were talking about, desperately wanting to contribute to the fun. Thank goodness I just now discovered i could post, just in time for another Aksys teaser ^_^

Welcome, friend. Always nice to have more people to discuss/get CRAZY with teasers.

I agree that she seems off... I wonder if her personality could be off too or it's just the look. At least I don't get the "I can kill you" vibe from her.

This game needs to come out soon before I start forgetting all the details from the first two games again.

Ive already forgotten. It's games like these that would really benefit from what Xenosaga Episode III did by including an Encyclopedia that gave all the backstory from the 1st and 2nd game

Diana

Welcome to GAF Crystola! (@TheNinethLion here :p)

I find the negativity in here a bit weird, to me the style looks perfect. Never been more hyped for anything else.

I don't like 9 and 2, especially 2.
6 and 7 look great to me, though.
I mostly just want to see how the new artists interprets characters we already know, besides the possibility of who 9 likely is.

crystola99

Neo Member
Welcome, friend. Always nice to have more people to discuss/get CRAZY with teasers.

I agree that she seems off... I wonder if her personality could be off too or it's just the look. At least I don't get the "I can kill you" vibe from her.

Aw, thanks! Seriously, unless you knew me irl, one would have NO IDEA how obsessed with that teaser I actually was, it's crazy looking back!! Anyway, I agree with whoever said she's got a motherly aura about her. She certainly looks messed up, but more like the, "I've been through a lot of crap and I won't let it happen to ANYONE ELSE no matter what it takes" maybe kinda thing? I really doubt (VLR spoiler)
sigma would model Luna after someone of pure evil, it wouldn't make sense.
Unless she was a cinnamon roll until all the Participants were forced to make these awful choices Aksys and our lord and God savior Uchikoshi keep telling us about.

crystola99

Neo Member
Welcome to GAF Crystola! (@TheNinethLion here :p)

I find the negativity in here a bit weird, to me the style looks perfect. Never been more hyped for anything else.

Nice to (re)meet you here! To me nothing will beat 999's art style, it looked gorgeous in my eyes. VLR got a bit too wacky for me. I really like the return to the more "realistic" (minus lotus) style of 999.

Bowlie

Banned
She certainly looks messed up, but more like the, "I've been through a lot of crap and I won't let it happen to ANYONE ELSE no matter what it takes" maybe kinda thing? I really doubt (VLR spoiler)
sigma would model Luna after someone of pure evil, it wouldn't make sense.

Oh yes, I haven't thought about that. Now I'm hoping she'll be the kind, naive player.

the necklace must be important for some reason, which is why Diana has it in that concept art where she is torturing #9

also, #6 is totally clutching the necklace, surefire sign that its important

/speculatiom

spoiler speculation

Maybe some Radical 6 antidote?

Holy crap that's brilliant! :O

Korigama

The problem is not the it looks different from 999/VLR... it's that it looks different from what they initialy revealed, which was, in my opinion, much better than even 999/VLR.
Personally, I considered the original promotional art to be entirely too different from the art in the rest of the series, jarringly so. I consider not going further in that direction a good thing, but that's me.
they lack personality imo, even if the old designs could get a bit ridiculous. but oh well.
They are quite grounded by ZE standards so far, yeah. Still, I'll take Participants 6 and 7 over Alice and VLR Clover. I'd say the only real dud for me so far visually is Participant 2.

https://twitter.com/_crash_keys_/status/694598920861683712

CaO2CaIUUAA3pmb.jpg:large

At first I thought this might be (VLR spoiilers)
Diana
, but maybe not since a certain accessory is missing.

They have also broken from the pattern we saw so far of every Friday, so clearly Crash Keys know no patterns.
This is totally
__Diana__
, regardless of that missing accessory. She's got the sweater and the shirt under it, exactly like the person behind Sigma in the promo artwork. I guess she gets the specific accessory later in the game or something like that. Unless she has a twin or something, which I don't believe will be the case.
Also the similarities to
___Luna___
are too freaking high.

So can we please finally dismiss everything else so far and accept that this is
__Diana__
and Participant 6 simply isn't?

Hylian7

This is totally
__Diana__
, regardless of that missing accessory. She's got the sweater and the shirt under it, exactly like the person behind Sigma in the promo artwork. I guess she gets the specific accessory later in the game or something like that. Unless she has a twin or something, which I don't believe will be the case.
Also the similarities to
___Luna___
are too freaking high.

So can we please finally dismiss everything else so far and accept that this is
__Diana__
and Participant 6 simply isn't?

Well Participant 2 is definitely not Diana, but people though Participant 6 was. I'm not in that camp, lol.

Nyoro SF

honestly dude it's not

these characters look bland as fuck. The only good art I've seen so far is that colored one with the dude sitting down and the chick is behind him

Well for starters they are pencil sketches. Wait for color and depth just like with 999.

Also they are going to be 3D models, and there's no way that 3D models can achieve the kind of art you saw in concept, so you better temper your expectations now rather than later.

Skii

Is
Diana the person Sigma based Luna off of?
Man I'm hyped for this game. That other girl looks like
Akane for sure but IIIRC, she won't be in it.

Phamit

Is
Diana the person Sigma based Luna off of?
Man I'm hyped for this game. That other girl looks like
Akane for sure but IIIRC, she won't be in it.

Answer to first Spoiler: Yes

Additional Info:
Diana and Sigma met again on the Moon and build Luna together

Answer to first Spoiler: Yes

Additional Info:
Diana and Sigma met again on the Moon and build Luna together

Wait, where was that mentioned? I was pretty sure that
Sigma built Luna alone and there were no hints that Diana had survived.

NotLiquid

Wait, where was that mentioned? I was pretty sure that
Sigma built Luna alone and there were no hints that Diana had survived.

Uchikoshi mentioned on the game website's answers page (similar to 999) that at some point she traveled to the moon to reconnect with Sigma, but this would be the younger version of him (the consciousness of his that wasn't on the test site).

kuroshiki

If there is anything zero escape/999/dangaronpa taught me,

its that I shouldn't trust anyone, and do not judge anyone by their appearance.

she can be innocent looking but can be the craziest psychopath.

People keep saying "these characters are too plain" but I mean... they're supposed to be signed up for a manned mission to mars test. Most of them came here willingly, so they wouldn't be wearing something candid like say Lotus (who probably was nabbed coming back from work or something). Relatively normal attire would be expected for a setting like this.

so they wouldn't be wearing something candid like say Lotus (who probably was nabbed coming back from work or something).

She was nabbed coming home from a belly dancing class. :p

Like I said in the other thread, I think things will look "better" when we see everything in color and in the actual game. I personally prefer the old artwork, but I like what we're seeing so far too.

What's the timeline again?

Do you need a summary of VLR?

(huge spoilers obviously)

Dec 26th, 202X- YOUNG Sigma is knocked unconscious in his car, his consciousness is replaced by OLD Sigma, who then proceeds to Dcom where the events of ZTD will supposedly take place from Dec 30th to Dec 31st. This takes place one year after the events of 999.

Dec 37th-30th, 202X- Alice and Clover are abducted.

Several months later, POST-ZTD Phi will meet Sigma and Akane at somewhere unknown and be loaded into a Recovery Pod, from which she'll be thawed for the third Nonary Game- the events of VLR.

204X- Sigma witnesses the explosion of an antimatter reactor (penultimate scene of VLR). He boards a shuttle alongside frozen Phi, and sets out for Rhizome-9, where he'll remain until VLR; until then, he'll develop the technologies to create Lugermorph (Zero III, quantum computing and artificial intelligence), Kyle (cloning and genetic engineering) and Luna (robotics, AI).

Dec 30th, 207X(6?)- Several days after Quark and Tenmyouji are transported to the Moon. Dio infiltrates Rhizome-9, VLR takes place. YOUNG Phi returns to Earth.

Dec 31st 207X/ Jan 1st 207(X+1)- VLR ends. Post-VLR Sigma is attacked by Akane (as seen at the end of VLR) to trigger the transfer of his and Phi's consciousnesses to 202X.

I'm sure I mixed up some stuff, please correct me guys.

redhood56

Banned
Looking at the timeline again it would be awsome if the game started
in the car right after sigma gets knocked out. I would like to see how they sneak into dcom

Top Bottom