• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

desktop-logo-1920x1080.jpg

Release date - March 6 2015

Platforms - Microsoft Windows (you get a 60% discount for owning both of previous games on Steam), PlayStation 4, Xbox One.

Is there co-op?

Yes, up to four player co-op in both horde mode and all three campaigns.

How many playable characters are there?

There are eight characters to choose from in total.

Can I play solo?

Yes, you can play both horde mode and all three campaigns solo.

How many campaign missions are there?

There are fifteen separate missions spanning three separate campaigns. You get the campaigns from the first two games and a third, entirely new campaign.

Is there an option for local co-op?

No, unfortunately not.

Is there matchmaking?

Yes. There is matchmaking for both horde mode and all three campaigns. You can also choose which level to play, and which checkpoint within each level you want to start off at.

Are there private lobbies?

Yes. You can set up private lobbies for both horde mode and all three campaigns.

For more info, watch the following trailer:

What is Zombie Army Trilogy?

Screenshots:

Characters:

Karl Fairburne
KarlFairburne.png

OSS Operative

Focused and fearless. Unmatched with a sniper rifle.

Spent most of the war operating behind enemy lines. Not used to working in a team but willing to adapt if circumstances require it. For example, if confronted by millions of bloodthirsty Nazi Zombies.

Dr. Efram Schweiger
DrEframSchweiger.png

Academic Researcher

Former pacifist and sceptic. Would rather be in a library.

Avoided conscription by assisting the Nazis research their favourite obsession: the occult. Inadvertently, he assisted in bringing about the apocalypse. He is no longer a pacifist. Or a sceptic.

Hermann Wolff
HermannWolff.png

Wehrmacht Captain

Alert, wary. Doting husband and father.

Little patience for politics with its attendant egos and back-stabbing corruption. Never believed in Hitler’s message but followed orders for the sake of protecting his family.

Boris Medvedev
BorisMedvedev.png

Red Army Veteran

Stoic, practical and no-nonsense. Fiercely loyal to the deserving.

Narrowly avoided charges of insubordination on a number of occasions. He has witnessed and survived far worse than the horrors of the zombie apocalypse.

Hanna Schulz
HannaSchulz.png

Freedom Fighter

Fierce. Driven by vengeance.

Orphaned at an early age, values family above all else. Wears the uniform of the man who executed her husband and children.

Beth Coleman
BethColeman.png

Portrait Painter

A keen eye and a steady hand. An artist with a gun.

Exchanged brushes and canvas for guns and bullets when subjects stopped sitting politely and started attacking her. No previous combat experience but quickly discovered a talent for dispatching the undead.

Marie Chevalier
MarieChevalier.png

Marie Chevalier

Resistance Fighter

Independent and single-minded. Dreams of owning a vineyard.

Executed key sabotage missions to facilitate the Allies’ advance through France following the invasion of Normandy. Then travelled alone to Berlin on a personal mission to assassinate Hitler himself.

Anya Bochkareva
AnyaBochkareva.png

Amateur Sharpshooter

Patient, deliberate and patriotic.

Gave up rifle sports and her university studies to serve in the military when Germany invaded the Soviet Union. Rapidly established herself as one of the most formidable snipers in the Red Army.

If this OT, and the overwhelming praise this game has received from GAF, still isn't enough to sway you to purchase this game, then here's of a GIF of a Nazi zombie's balls exploding:

17C0E5C0E4DA98F3C3961B24D7B358E3CA74A893

Swayed yet? No?

SlushyAmusingAmericancurl.gif

How about now?

(Thanks to NIN90 for the awesome footage, and Dusk Golem for the GIF)

I'm still on the fence about this. I have the first two but I never, ever find anyone to play them with and they are extremely unfun to play alone...unless you just want to headshot, die, headshot.

We should do a gamertag exchange so we can play together. None of my friends are buying this game, and I'd rather play with you guys over complete randomers.

PSN ID - Lukas_Japonicus

Nice!
Remember that you get up to 60% discount for owning both of previous games on Steam.

Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the OP.

I watched the trailer a few days ago and it looks really fun. I can not believe how i could overlook this game for so long, nazi zombies on a not-so-serious game that has the feeling of a 80s B-movie? Count me in.
i am really looking forward to the coop too (ill probably snatch the ps4 version)

Grenades in this game do some serious damage and have a huge blast radius. Make sure you back the hell up after throwing one, lol.

Awww man, the whispering in the back speakers is unnerving as hell.

I also had the game paused and some creepy bastard just whispered "play the game" when I wasn't concentrating.

This is gonna be gooood.

Awww man, the whispering in the back speakers is unnerving as hell.

I also had the game paused and some creepy bastard just whispered "play the game" when I wasn't concentrating.

This is gonna be gooood.

Ha, I haven't noticed that yet.

The only thing I'm not liking about the sound design is that the surround support isn't very good. I hear a bunch of zombies scream out of my front speakers, then I turn around and they're behind me. I usually use my surround sound for helping me find where enemies are on games.

Unless that's just a general screaming sound and not the sound of the zombies on-screen...

Ha, I haven't noticed that yet.

The only thing I'm not liking about the sound design is that the surround support isn't very good. I hear a bunch of zombies scream out of my front speakers, then I turn around and they're behind me. I usually use my surround sound for helping me find where enemies are on games.

Unless that's just a general screaming sound and not the sound of the zombies on-screen...

I know what you mean, I think its a generic "they're everywhere" zombie sound.

After the first mission I'm gonna try it in 3D and see what its like.

Oooh..the "play the game" is through my dualshock 4. Even more terrifying lol

Moofers

Can anyone provide a little detail as to what this is about? I see there's a 17min video somebody posted that says "Horde Mode" but I can't watch that at work. Is the game basically a horde mode? If yes, does it have defenses and stuff that you can set up like in Gears of War 3, or is it just one of those games where its you, an empty map, and enemies that run straight at you?

Thanks in advance.

maneil99

20% off for PS+ Users.
Thinking about buying this, do SMGS/ARS feel like shit like in Sniper Elite 3? That game had huge input delay with those weapons

ironcreed

Banned
Can anyone provide a little detail as to what this is about? I see there's a 17min video somebody posted that says "Horde Mode" but I can't watch that at work. Is the game basically a horde mode? If yes, does it have defenses and stuff that you can set up like in Gears of War 3, or is it just one of those games where its you, an empty map, and enemies that run straight at you?

Thanks in advance.

It also has 3 campaigns, with15 levels in total that can be played solo or in co-op. Great enemy variety, plenty of weapons and a rich atmosphere. Horde mode is just a bonus. Watch this when you get off and it will show you all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbaLBJcLR4

gooface

Banned
so this is out today on PS4 but I have to wait till friday on PC? lame... I have a PS4 but I want to buy this on PC.

I love Sniper Elite, but not for the non-sniper-rifle shooting.

But this seems like a meaty amount of zombie slaying to be had here. Any fun to be had in soloing?

Edit: Should've looked up a few posts ;p

It also has 3 campaigns, with15 levels in total that can be played solo or in co-op. Great enemy variety, plenty of weapons and a rich atmosphere. Horde mode is just a bonus. Watch this when you get off and it will show you all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbaLBJcLR4

I got mine early from Gameseek and its great. Graphics are rock solid 60fps/1080p on PS4. Reminds me of RE4 but more actioney. Really loving it so far. Very surprising as it come out of nowhere.

Far too many good games these days.

Moofers

So I watched the trailer posted a little after my other posting and then went hom and am watching a stream on ps4. This looks fuckin rad. Big Killing Floor fan and this really looks like my kinda game. I think I'm buying this as soon as I send back the order to gamefly.

Juan_Solo

Neo Member
Does anyone know what's up with Multiplayer not working? (PS4). There's no patch or anything else to install from the PS Store...
Zombie.jpg

Honome

Does anyone know what's up with Multiplayer not working? (PS4). There's no patch or anything else to install from the PS Store...
Zombie.jpg

Wait until the game downloads 100%. To check that press OPTION over the game icon on dash and than in "Information" and check the Download Status. It probably didn´t finished the full download yet.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So hyped for this. I'll be waiting for my friends to pick it up before I grab it, though. Hopefully I can convince them to get it day one, but none of us are particularly wealthy right now.

edit: love the Romero-esque music in the trailers.

ironcreed

Banned
Zombie.jpg

Maybe because the official release date is not until the 6th? I don't know, I am playing solo and loving it.

The zombies are amazing. You can blow a leg off and they still crawl after you. You can blow an arm off and they come at you with the other arm. But not only that, they react to wherever you shoot them. Say you hit them in the right shoulder, they will be knocked back on that side accordingly. They can even get hits in on you after you blow a head off before the body falls and still briefly animated. Just really well done stuff here and you constantly feel tense like they are all around you... because they are.

Top Bottom