• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombieland sequel rises from the grave (no double tap from audiences)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seemingly dying on the vine a while back, Sony Pictures is resurrecting the proposed sequel to "Zombieland" and has hired Dave Callaham ("Godzilla," "The Expendables") to write it.

Ruben Fleischer is expected to return to direct the film and will supervise the writing. Callaham's script for the upcoming darkly comic adaptation of Jo Nesbo's novel "Jackpot" brought the writer to the attention of Sony and got him involved in "Zombieland 2".

It's unknown at present which actors from the first film will be back, especially considering all their careers have taken off considerably in subsequent years including Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson and Abigail Breslin.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/34123/-zombieland-sequel-has-been-resurrected

Same director so thats encouraging. Though without Eisenberg I think they lose the character that anchored the film. Even without him I liked the film a lot so I have faith Fleischer can assemble another ensemble cast.

Quick

Banned
A sequel with the original cast would be great, but I think their story is pretty much over.

A new cast would be better.

Zubz

Banned
A sequel with the original cast would be great, but I think their story is pretty much over.

A new cast would be better.

Wasn't the original plan for the sequel to have the original cast be satellite characters for the same reason? I'd be down for that, honestly; it'd be nice to see them again, but they already had their time in the sun, and have no reason to distrust each other ever again, which, in a post-apocalyptic setting with few survivors, kinda limits future stories with them.

Thank Christ that awful Amazon pilot never made it to series. I think this has a lot of potential to be great, even if they do have to start fresh with a new cast. The original's take on the zombie concept is one of the best in comedy.

Ithil

I dont know. Hunger Games, Now you see me and true detective were all pretty well received. His visibility has remained fairly high.

I think it's the implication that he didn't already have a successful career before Zombieland (which is what, 2009?).

Would be amazing if Woody, Stone and Eisenberg all came back.

They should kill Eisenberg in the first 10 minutes to let audiences know that no one is safe.

DOWN

Banned
Loved the first one. I'd rather have all new cast than only partial original cast, so here's hoping for the best. Thank goodness that Amazon show didn't kill the name.

I feel like I'm probably one of the few people who still googled sequel plans every couple of months remembering they'd mentioned it.

Moppeh

Banned
Michael Cera, Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Lawrence, and Ariel Winter for the lead roles. Bill Murray comes back as a ghost, and this will jumpstart the Cinematic Ghostbusters Megaverse.

The new Citizen Kane.

Quick

Banned
Wasn't there a horribly sequel from Amazon?

Yeah, Amazon made a pilot. I've yet to see it, but whoever they cast as Wichita was pretty hot.

Zombieland-TV-series.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still shocked at how much I enjoyed the original.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dont know. Hunger Games, Now you see me and true detective were all pretty well received. His visibility has remained fairly high.

I mean, yeah, really. What was he doing before those? It's a pretty good career resurrection.

Blizzard

Banned
Zombieland was one of the funniest movies I can remember seeing in a theater. I saw it around opening night and everyone was cracking up.

I'm not sure a sequel is a good idea though.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Zombie land was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen and if it wasn't for the Bill Murray sequences it would have been totally unsalvagable.

The humor was solidish for the first half but died out steadily and by the finale you realize you've just been watching a teen rom com.

Loved Zombieland.
Opening the door for a sequel with the original director is a good choice.
I just hope the script will be good.
Don't have anything about a new cast. Maybe bring back
Bill Murray
as a real zombie this time?

Hindle

Banned
Woody Harrelson said he'd love to make a sequel if I remember. I think he'll be back, but not sure about the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom