• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Teknoman

I won't say your opinion is wrong but I HIGHLY disagree with that statement. Sure it has some small issues but I am not "fighting" the game when playing this whatsoever.

Agreed. Concentrate on a head shot and I guarantee you will score a head shot. Its all about managing your resources, knowing when to run, when to melee, and when to fire with reckless abandon lol.

oatmeal

Banned
Goddamnit.

Buckingham, you son of a bitch.

Camroutmof the woodwork. That's bullshit. That's twice that that a swarm has appeared off scanner (market last time).

I wish I had backtracked when they came out, I could have beaten them if I just got them one by one but I was in a bad spot.

Fucking...scan zombies!

So I think I'm done for a bit. I lost all my supplies with two seperate people and a long back track to get them back. The last place I died was
the daycare
. Might just delete my save and come back in a couple months. Great game though.

Lucent

My video review on ZombiU. Hope you guys enjoy.

lol. Pretty funny review. Def a lot more enjoyable than Gamespot's where it sounded like right from the get go the guy was like "Why do I have to review this game?...I hate it...oh well it's my job so I guess I'll do it..."

The editing was pretty nice and I liked the jump scare. And you only used the one clip twice (though I think the 2nd time you played the clip you went further and died so that's okay).

I'm def looking forward to getting more time on it sometime.

hatchx

Banned
Picked it up today. Put in 4 and a half hours with a friend. Yeah, this is a good game. It's a different kind of survival horror that takes me back to Resident Evil 1 and 2. Really some scary and intense moments.

The item management and tight situations take me back, and it feels fresh using the gamepad. Definitely one of the freshest games of the year, I'm really glad I listened to gamer impressions over reviews and picked it up.

Lucent

Appreciate the feedback. Im dying to play more.

-shakes head-

When I bought my Wii U on launch, my friend rented Zombi U and we played it for like maybe a half hour after 5 hours of Nintendoland. I only got to pick up the gamepad and move around briefly. It seemed like the camera was inverted or something to me. I can't remember but I know it was odd. Can you change the controls at all?

Yuripaw

Banned
Can someone please tell me what I've been trying to find an answer for, but am always ignored...anyone who has bought this game on eshop, how big is the file size?

Ydahs

Can someone please tell me what I've been trying to find an answer for, but am always ignored...anyone who has bought this game on eshop, how big is the file size?

Just did a quick Google search, the download size is 5737 MB. Not sure about the size after installation though.

On my third real survivor attempt. I got as far as the tower and had an explosive dude fuck me up from behind as i was batting someone. Couldnt believe how sloppy I was considering i went like 6 hours with my final survivor in normal mode.

I was at 9 on the leader boards, but i am now slipping.

Well, shit. There goes my third survivor, with a score of 4920. I make a habit of smashing every head I see, to prevent any surprises.. but I didn't know that some zombies could
explode! Christ, that explosion nearly gave me a heart attack! Lol. I wish the damn scanner alerted me to the fact it explodes. Or maybe I should have just looked closer. Bah!

Bumhead

Banned
On my third real survivor attempt. I got as far as the tower and had an explosive dude fuck me up from behind as i was batting someone. Couldnt believe how sloppy I was considering i went like 6 hours with my final survivor in normal mode.

I was at 9 on the leader boards, but i am now slipping.

Is this how the leaderboards work? Time spent with 1 survivor? That's cool, but isn't that easy to abuse? I mean what's to stop someone leaving their system on overnight in a "safe" area? Won't that distort the leaderboards? Or do we just trust that nobody is going to be pathetic enough to do that.

No problem either way, just brain farting aloud, hah.

Keep the impressions coming, guys. I'm waiting for the UK launch this coming week but definitely excited to play this. The Resident Evil 1 comparison which has sprung up a lot since the game released in the US is hugely appealing to me.

So I was thinking about a sequel last night and how awesome it would be if it took place in several European countries. There are goals that have you travelling between those countries, visiting capitals, famous landmarks, witnessing the effects the zombie virus while trying to survive. To make things interesting: each country has different policies towards dealing with the zombie virus and people who are seen as weak and easily infected. You will also visit rural area's and small towns.
You could be in danger from other humans as well; armored vehicles with military personnel that patrol urban area's in search of survivors who are shot or captured and put into detention camps (somewhat ironic considering it takes place in Europe) as a way by the government to keep the virus in check. You could also come across fully secured area with paranoid rich people and hired guns who will shoot at anyone outside of their 'fort', including you.
Can you imagine the epicness of surviving a zombie apocalypse through different countries?

edit: slasher_trasher21, I enjoy watching your streams. I want to watch all of them, but I don't want to get spoiled too much.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Are people really that way or are they just playing, I kinda hope it's the latter one, because wow...

Watched a stream last night with a guy constantly complaining about how boring the game was. He did zero exploration as well, bypassing a half dozen flares, a weapon upgrade and probably random loot too.

ElRenoRaven

Nice. He did the same thing with Dark Souls as well, it was too repetitive and difficult in his eyes.

ROFLMAO. This dumbass cracks me up. Grrr I have to kill things GRRR. It Don't give me 5 billion rounds of ammo. GRRRRR. I'm and idiot and waste ammo shooting a Zombie with a riot helmet. GRRRRR

The secret I've found is to keep moving. Even groups of them are so much easier if you just keep moving. Also he flatout refused to use the flare. That's pretty handy for keeping some of them distracted while you pick off a couple of them. I'm actually enjoying the combat more as I play and figure out how to stick and move. I will admit though that yes the combat does need some more variety if they make a sequel.

I'm still trying to fill up my friends list, so ZombiU players, please add me. same name as here. be sure to write 'gaf' in the invite. expect to get lots of notifications about me having died. I've been posting quite a lot of screens and what have you as a I play games on miiverse.

I'll be writing up a big long opinion piece / review at some point, but suffice it to say so far... I'm loving it. Worries about the melee combat being boring like it is in SH2 were completely unfounded. Even isolated zombies have little margin for error. One mistimed swing at the wrong time, and a fully healed, fully kitted out survivor is down and out.

Now I just need to work on keeping them alive for more than twenty minutes, because the rare occasions I've been able to do that, is when the game started getting REALLY tense.

Setre

Played this a bit yesterday and fuck is it stressful. I don't like horror games as I get scared easily but I really enjoyed this. What sucked was how I died.

I'd just finished doing the thing in the grocery store and met up with the screaming zombie. Well I started running around because I didn't know where to go and ended up getting killed. After that I respawned and the next section is defending your safe house from a horde of zombies. Lost about 5 more survivors to that and said fuck it before quitting.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Played this a bit yesterday and fuck is it stressful. I don't like horror games as I get scared easily but I really enjoyed this. What sucked was how I died.

I'd just finished doing the thing in the grocery store and met up with the screaming zombie. Well I started running around because I didn't know where to go and ended up getting killed. After that I respawned and the next section is defending your safe house from a horde of zombies. Lost about 5 more survivors to that and said fuck it before quitting.

Basically what happened to me. A tip on the section you're on
Exploit the fence to the right of the safehouse. Zombies will try to crawl under it to get to you and you can OHKO them. Other than that, keep moving, make them crawl under / over things, use your gun

So you have to delete your save to restart right?
I'd like more than one save slot at least.

Yes, every NNID account has a single save for regular campaign and for Survivor mode.

Looks like ill be starting over soon as I get home from the gym. Gonna rip these Zombies a new one. I was committed to beating it this weekend, and I will even if I have to marathon session it.

_PsiFire_

In so many youtube videos, I'm seeing people shoot the zombies in riot gear. I though the ricochet sound would have clued people in!

C'mon people, knock off their helmets with the cricket bat and THEN give them a head shot!

So before I do that, I'm gonna load up my character with all the weapons I have in the storage box, then die. So maybe I can contribute to someone else's game ;)

SSM25

Appreciate the feedback. Im dying to play more.

Awesome review!! Funny thing is my "gamer" friends are really giving my a hard time for getting a Wiiu, they act like all indifferent when I try to tell them the game is good.

They mention dead island a lot, I skipped that, is it comparable?

Pineconn

Goddamnit.

Buckingham, you son of a bitch.

Camroutmof the woodwork. That's bullshit. That's twice that that a swarm has appeared off scanner (market last time).

I wish I had backtracked when they came out, I could have beaten them if I just got them one by one but I was in a bad spot.

Fucking...scan zombies!

Lol, I doubt you were as bad as me. I ran forward into the
burning room
and trapped myself. Ended up killing myself with a Molotov, haha.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Awesome review!! Funny thing is my "gamer" friends are really giving my a hard time for getting a Wiiu, they act like all indifferent when I try to tell them the game is good.

Completely different type of game from Dead Island.

Imagine silent hill 2 in first person. That's basically the gameplay style of zombiU. Silent Hill type combat with Metroid Prime style exploration. It's awesome and seriously scary as all hell. It's downright terrifying at times.

good review, although I am disappointed you didn't talk more about the setting and what you thought about it. how well done it was and so on.

Thanks but well I tried to cover that with the idea of going to London, let alone during a zombie outbreak! I think the setting is fantastic. I guess I assumed most people can see from all the footage how great it looks. So there ya go just for you :D. Overall setting and vibe, love it.

I love Dead Island, as a matter of fact its my favorite zombie game after ZombiU now. With that said it is really different. Open world, missions givers, and lots of melee but in that game its harder to feel as vulnerable (it still has its moments) but its def a diablo like loot game with zombie dressings. I love it, but it def feels 100% different.

Top Bottom