• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

RagnarokIV

PSA: It seems like blocking a player midgame kicks them out of the game, non hosts can do it.

If you got booted from a game for no reason, this is why.

I only installed and starting playing yesterday but there was some asshole constantly team killing me over and over, pissing me off. I saw I could block him so I did - then he disappeared.
Since I'm new to the game I thought maybe it was some new system where blocked players become invisible or something.

Turns out the dull cunt got booted LMAO!!!

I only installed and starting playing yesterday but there was some asshole constantly team killing me over and over, pissing me off. I saw I could block him so I did - then he disappeared.
Since I'm new to the game I thought maybe it was some new system where blocked players become invisible or something.

Turns out the dull cunt got booted LMAO!!!
Welcome to the Helldivers experience bro :D
You on PC? Spyxos and I regularly play together.

Don't forget to eat ass!!

a-true-victory-v0-y8o2zz5fjclc1.png

Last edited:
You might reference me and I'm saying it again: Railgun is shit now and 95% of players don't use it now for a good reason. It's useless now. Also just because we don't agree doesn't mean you have to be condescending.
I don't like nerf in a PVE game, especially when they are unjustified (like WTF did they touch the crossbow?).
If you check my posts I actually said that at this point the railgun nerfs should just be reverted. The nerf was an overreaction to being overrepresented. They did eventually fix what made it popular by making some adjustments to the charger yet the nerfs remain. The railgun doesn't really have much of a role right now so I agree that their decisions are questionable but I disagree with the notion that a PvE game doesn't need balance adjustments.

So we have to lower difficulty and get less rewards to be able to have the same amount of fun as before the useless nerfs?
Gotcha!

So say you pick up your car from the garage after maintenance and you find out it doesn't have the same amount of power. The garage says "Just go a gear or 2 lower if you want to same amount of acceleration".
Would you accept this?

Curious.
Hey you said it yourself, you get the same amount of fun as you had before. You already understand that there's trade-offs between different items when you brought up the 500kg earlier even if your comments on the strat are questionable. It's honestly the first time I've heard anyone use it for crowd control and claim it wasn't good against something that's heavily armored. That's the complete opposite of the 500kg. But back on topic, the quasar changes are obviously a nerf but it's one that further pushes it into it's niche of the antitank that reloads itsef while you use other weapons.

And that's a silly analogy and you know it. There's no promise or expectation for the game to remain static.

If you check my posts I actually said that at this point the railgun nerfs should just be reverted. The nerf was an overreaction to being overrepresented. They did eventually fix what made it popular by making some adjustments to the charger yet the nerfs remain. The railgun doesn't really have much of a role right now so I agree that their decisions are questionable but I disagree with the notion that a PvE game doesn't need balance adjustments.

Hey you said it yourself, you get the same amount of fun as you had before. You already understand that there's trade-offs between different items when you brought up the 500kg earlier even if your comments on the strat are questionable. It's honestly the first time I've heard anyone use it for crowd control and claim it wasn't good against something that's heavily armored. That's the complete opposite of the 500kg. But back on topic, the quasar changes are obviously a nerf but it's one that further pushes it into it's niche of the antitank that reloads itsef while you use other weapons.

And that's a silly analogy and you know it. There's no promise or expectation for the game to remain static.
I WANT to disagree with you here, but I can't go against logic.

The only problem is people now HAVE to find ways to keep this fun. It's not like they have a choice. That bothers a lot of people and you can't blame them for it.

On a more lighthearted note, General Brasch is getting the Chuck Norris treatment.

Last edited:
The only problem is people now HAVE to find ways to keep this fun. It's not like they have a choice. That bothers a lot of people and you can't blame them entuallyfor it.
Being pushed out of your comfort zone is never enjoyable. I had to change my mindset to get fun out of finding new stuff that works for me. Hell, people keep praising the 500kg but I agree with you that it's kinda crappy to use cause it's unreliable. I was annoyed when bile titans were no longer stunnable which made killing them with 500kg foolproof. Being able to single handedly stop multiple titans with stun grenades and a supply pack long enough for pelican to land was a highlight in my time platying the game but I had to admit it made things too easy.

Someone said to me that he made a program to spit out a completely random loadout so that he can try out everything and not just get stuck using the same old things. He claims it greatly improved his understanding of the game. I wouldn't go that far myself because some weapons and strats are just plain shit to me but if he can finish missions with anything then I guess they're shit but not completely useless. Well, there was that one time he did get stuck on a blitz mission when he didn't get explosives. He had to wait for a bot to throw a grenade at him so he can throw it in the fabricator but it was too time consuming for a blitz. The fact that he learned you can destroy fabs by throwing a bot's grenade through the door impressed me though.

Being pushed out of your comfort zone is never enjoyable. I had to change my mindset to get fun out of finding new stuff that works for me. Hell, people keep praising the 500kg but I agree with you that it's kinda crappy to use cause it's unreliable. I was annoyed when bile titans were no longer stunnable which made killing them with 500kg foolproof. Being able to single handedly stop multiple titans with stun grenades and a supply pack long enough for pelican to land was a highlight in my time platying the game but I had to admit it made things too easy.

Someone said to me that he made a program to spit out a completely random loadout so that he can try out everything and not just get stuck using the same old things. He claims it greatly improved his understanding of the game. I wouldn't go that far myself because some weapons and strats are just plain shit to me but if he can finish missions with anything then I guess they're shit but not completely useless. Well, there was that one time he did get stuck on a blitz mission when he didn't get explosives. He had to wait for a bot to throw a grenade at him so he can throw it in the fabricator but it was too time consuming for a blitz. The fact that he learned you can destroy fabs by throwing a bot's grenade through the door impressed me though.
I get it and I still enjoy the game and I usually juggle loadouts, but I do have a favorite which is always good for me and I can't use it to the same extent anymore and that bothers me.

But I did find a good all-round setup which I now use and I still use the Quasar but it's just.... Off somehow.

This is the first game Im enjoying so much that I actually give a damn about nerfs and I've been playing online shooters for literally almost 3 decades.
I played all the CoD's. Couldnt give a shit abount nerfs all that time.

Maybe im becoming a fanatic now and care too much. I dont know...

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
but I disagree with the notion that a PvE game doesn't need balance adjustments.
Never said that and of course it should be balanced between every weapons. What I was saying is they should buff a lot of weapons to get them in part with what is actually working, rather than nerfing what's good to put it in the same shitty spot as everything.

[Sigma]

Moved back to EAT full time now(never really abandoned it, just used Quasar more but the balance make less sense for Quasar now). I don't use Quasar Cannon at all now unless im taking it with EAT on certain missions for kicks. The Rover nerf has little effect as it still consistently keep shit off me, that's all I want it for when I do use it which isn't often these days and the AX/AR-23 Guard Dog still sucks.

mcjmetroid

I'm really enjoying this one but I'm such a Noob with both online gaming and keyboard and mouse gameplay. This is the time I've forced myself to play with keyboard and mouse and I'm getting decent at it. Up to medium level now and able to complete missions 100% so I'm going to move onto hard. Not bad for someone who started 2 days ago with an essentially alien control scheme.
It's my belief that It's nearly essential for this game.

If anyone wants a game at any point fire me on your Steam name or friend code or whatever is needed.

Also I may make a thread thread for this but does anyone recommend a good wireless gaming keyboard and mouse. I ask for Wireless due to the fact I'm using my TV for my PC and I'm sitting far away. I know wired is preferable.

Killjoy-NL

Being able to single handedly stop multiple titans with stun grenades and a supply pack long enough for pelican to land was a highlight in my time platying the game but I had to admit it made things too easy.
This part shows how unbalanced it was, then.

The game is all about us being sent to a certain death, so being able to casually take out one Bile Titan after the other is completely contradictory to the point of the game.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this one but I'm such a Noob with both online gaming and keyboard and mouse gameplay. This is the time I've forced myself to play with keyboard and mouse and I'm getting decent at it. Up to medium level now and able to complete missions 100% so I'm going to move onto hard. Not bad for someone who started 2 days ago with an essentially alien control scheme.
It's my belief that It's nearly essential for this game.

If anyone wants a game at any point fire me on your Steam name or friend code or whatever is needed.

Also I may make a thread thread for this but does anyone recommend a good wireless gaming keyboard and mouse. I ask for Wireless due to the fact I'm using my TV for my PC and I'm sitting far away. I know wired is preferable.
Anything Logitec is fine.

Also, dm me your Steam code. Me and Spyxos often play together on harder difficulties. Discord and a mic are mandatory for good communication and trash talking.

I was about to say that it's less than 30 euros on the best key sites but if you live in canada you have to pay more.

Well you can legally buy top shelf weed over there so higher prices for games is a good trade off :lollipop_squinting:
Haha true! We get fucked pretty good here!
Too much taxes here , I still would rather buy weed from a dealer then the shit they sell in stores here! I worked in the pot industry, you should see how fast they grow because of they the chemicals they sprey them with.

gatti-man

Moved back to EAT full time now(never really abandoned it, just used Quasar more but the balance make less sense for Quasar now). I don't use Quasar Cannon at all now unless im taking it with EAT on certain missions for kicks. The Rover nerf has little effect as it still consistently keep shit off me, that's all I want it for when I do use it which isn't often these days and the AX/AR-23 Guard Dog still sucks.
I still think quasar is the best option even after the nerf. EATs are cool too but if you’re not going to die or die very little quasar is the goat still.

GymWolf

They didn't nerfed the arc thrower and they buffed my beloved blitzer so the patch was an upgrade for me but i understand quasar fellas being mad.

I tried the quasar a couple of times but even before the patch the cooldown was too long for my taste.

Last edited:
I was about to say that it's less than 30 euros on the best key sites but if you live in canada you have to pay more.

Well you can legally buy top shelf weed over there so higher prices for games is a good trade off :lollipop_squinting:
Same here and the game still only costs 40 euros.

He could use a vpn and then go to eneba and buy a global steam key. Easy.

GymWolf

It kinda feels like they did. Not dmg wise, but the hit-accuracy" seems awfully random as of late. Can´t count how often i died because the arc refused to connect to enemies.
It was always random, i didn't noticed much of a difference lately, what you need to do is to aim higher so you can bypass vegetation and cadavers that block the electricity.

I was annoyed when they nerfed the rate of fire and range.

If you like the arc you should really try the blitzer.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

I was annoyed when they nerfed the rate of fire and range.
definitely, but it was indeed a bit overtuned. You could basically burn through an automaton patrol from half a map away before they could even call in their dropships before the nerf. Great times :)

If you like the arc you should really try the blitzer.
It´s on my to-do list after I saw the buff in the last patchnotes.

From the blog post AR sounds bad again sigh... Finally a new smg tho. Definitely waiting for impressions this time before buying this warbond. Last one was ass
What made it ass?

Eruptor is fucking awesome, grenade pistol is cool. The new armors look great. I even like how the buffed Adjudicator feels now even if I know it's not the best. Even the crossbow was cool when I used it once, though I'm sure it's not usable at high level.

Was a pretty good warbond imo. They've all had some cool stuff.

They didn't nerfed the arc thrower and they buffed my beloved blitzer so the patch was an upgrade for me but i understand quasar fellas being mad.

I tried the quasar a couple of times but even before the patch the cooldown was too long for my taste.
Haven't tried it against bots yet but they buffed the stagger resistance of hulks so there might be an indirect nerf to the arc thrower through that. Blitzer change was pretty huge.

GymWolf

Haven't tried it against bots yet but they buffed the stagger resistance of hulks so there might be an indirect nerf to the arc thrower through that. Blitzer change was pretty huge.
I haven't fought bots after the patch yet but i'm worried for the hulks aswell, pre-patch they were a joke with the arc thrower.

chlorate

The Quasar is shit now, sadly. The EAT has absurd efficiency for anti-armor: one EAT + a railcannon can take out 3 Chargers or 2 Chargers + 1 Bile Titan in under 10 seconds.

You can clear massive swarms of lesser bugs with primaries like the Breaker Incendiary for a complete loadout

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Played yesterday after 2 weeks break.

I tried the new Rocket launcher. Resulted in the most suicide/teamkill I ever did in a game xD.
The area of effect is massive. Really have to shoot it for far. The reloading is really long alone, it's better to have a reload buddy for it.
Difficult to use but I love it. Especially to clean eggs.

The new terminicide mission are fun. I like the narrative they have. But too quickly done sadly.

Saw the new Warbond coming... I want that pistol ! Might be a good switch for my Senator.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I just played and was still fine with the quasar and guard dog. Guard dog has always been for taking out the small to medium bugs and that works just fine. Quasar is noticeably slower at reloading but I still got by with it alright.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I honestly can't see the point.

So sony can harvest and sell your data. The Steam players will fucking hate this, there is also the issue with countries that currently have PSN banned like Russia and Belarus for example.

Russia will no doubt have a decent playerbase that could play prior but suddenly can no longer.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I honestly can't see the point.

Maybe it's to be able to ban PC players that are already using future content like vehicles, or that are using that bazillion mats cheat.

Not sure about how it works, but perhaps this will also allow then to add cross-progression later on.

Played yesterday after 2 weeks break.

I tried the new Rocket launcher. Resulted in the most suicide/teamkill I ever did in a game xD.
The area of effect is massive. Really have to shoot it for far. The reloading is really long alone, it's better to have a reload buddy for it.
Difficult to use but I love it. Especially to clean eggs.

The new terminicide mission are fun. I like the narrative they have. But too quickly done sadly.

Saw the new Warbond coming... I want that pistol ! Might be a good switch for my Senator.
Yeah its someting else that Airburst.

I now only use it to take down dropships/ fabricators from a distance.
DONT fire it at ground units!!!! You'll decimate everything around you including your team.

Top Bottom