• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timdog, the legendary elder xbot console war general veteran has switched to Playstation

The war is finally over….

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Hohenheim

This is all a act, right? A online character/persona? It must be!
I refuse to believe that a grown up man can act like this. It's a quite funny online-gag satire, but if it was real.. well, it would so sad. I would feel genuine sorry for the person and be a little worried for his mental health.

Bartski

Gold Member
This is all a act, right? A online character/persona? It must be!
I refuse to believe that a grown up man can act like this. It's a quite funny online-gag satire, but if it was real.. well, it would so sad. I would feel genuine sorry for the person and be a little worried for his mental health.

he's 72 years old.

Can you imagine "switching sides"

I've been buying every option of gaming device that interests me as close to day one as i see making sense since I can remember. I understand having a preference but can't imagine being so dedicated to one platform. It's weird as fuck.

Some people like Colt have a PS5 but we all know which device he's dedicated to. I don't think owning everything would remove your label as a fanboy.

In the end what matters is your attitude towards other platforms. You can have a preference and not own everything and not be a console warrior.

Unfortunately for this individual I don't think he will ever stop being an extremist. Its just something that's a part of him.

is not. Tim dog. he said it himself. he gave a chance to play station. That's the message anyone should take.

"give a chance to anything you hate. you could be pleasantly surprised and enlighted"

thats it. " I rest my case"

Maybe he's saying it's console warring because he abandoned Xbox?

But I don't know people flip flop all over the place depending on what their needs are. I know I have when it comes to consoles.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
All because Microsoft decided to start sharing their games with another platform.

...fuck me, console warriors are pathetic.

feynoob

Maybe he's saying it's console warring because he abandoned Xbox?

But I don't know people flip flop all over the place depending on what their needs are. I know I have when it comes to consoles.
We are giving these Twitter fanboys attention.

No one really cares what platforms you play. If you are restricting yourself from a certain platform, it's your loss, unless you can't afford to have others.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Still cringe as fuck as ever. Really dislike obsessing over one platform, let’s just play games.
It’s especially cringe when they do this thing like “hey guys, I’m here to announce that I finally gave [product you like] a shot and oh….oh my god, I’ve seen the light!! Look, here’s a picture of me with the same fucking product that you all own! I’ve joined then [product] family! Shower me with attention and upvotes!”

Like this is some major life event that warrants an announcement on par with you getting engaged or having a child.

feynoob

It’s especially cringe when they do this thing like “hey guys, I’m here to announce that I finally gave [product you like] a shot and oh….oh my god, I’ve seen the light!! Look, here’s a picture of me with the same fucking product that you all own! I’ve joined then [product] family! Shower me with attention and upvotes!”

Like this is some major life event that warrants an announcement on par with you getting engaged or having a child.
At the end of the day, none of that shit would matter.
Validation is helluva drug.

He played a part in creating a hive mind mentality within elements of the Xbox community, bigging up execs, overly praising on purpose, damage controlling., labelling other fans haters who didn’t share the view they pushed. I think people at Xbox caught on that he was growing a following and having some sort of influence in terms of the fan base on Twitter and that made him feel more important than what he actually is .

I dislike him because he is arrogant , ignorant and phoney and what him and others did to the Xbox community . he could of used the following he had to be a bit more objective and constructive but instead he chose to placate the zealots who follow him by telling them exactly what they want to hear which is nothing in terms of any constructive criticism. People at Xbox must of saw that and ignorantly read it as the general view of the remaining hardcore Xbox fan was feeling.

He’s got a nerve portraying himself as some huge fan, bigger than most and always spoke out. He didn’t. The best he could come up with is “ It is what it is” . Hardly fucking damming is it.

I just hope some of the PlayStation folk on social media see through him and don’t give him the opportunity to poison their communities . He’s already doing it by tweeting more than he’s actually friggin playing, blowing smoke to build up the following he’s losing with the Xbox crowd.

And for someone who has been “socially active on Xbox since 2007” where the fuck was he on forums/youtube during the 360 era?

Last edited:
Top Bottom