• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timdog, the legendary elder xbot console war general veteran has switched to Playstation

feynoob

i play all 3 the only thing i have to pick each gen is witch one is my multiplatform box and that is it.
Pick switch 2 this season. Unless Yakuza Nintendo does their shenanigans, I feel like it would be the perfect storm depending on their hardware.

I have been starving for true handheld device for my toilet session.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Pick switch 2 this season. Unless Yakuza Nintendo does their shenanigans, I feel like it would be the perfect storm depending on their hardware.

I have been starving for true handheld device for my toilet session.
i am sticking with ps5 pro i have over 1000 games in my library.

xtBV7cc.jpeg

feynoob

i am sticking with ps5 pro i have over 1000 games in my library.
That works fine.
Better have a big library first.

It's why I don't get that much in to consoles. I have to do huge investment on all 3. Don't have that much money, so I have to deal with small library each.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
No true gamer would have ignored ps5 this long, too many great games. True gamers have no choice but to buy all platforms, budget permitting of course.

But even on a budget you have options, buy used consoles, wait a year for games to be $20 instead of $70.

Sacred

A wholesome look into a lifelong xbox fan rediscovering gaming on the "enemy console". Love to see it.

This thread is not to instigate shit, so please keep that pony warrior bs out of it.

Z6IBS25.jpeg

Just based on the title it is pretty clear it designed to stir shit up, so why not just say it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
No true gamer would have ignored ps5 this long
Nah man, people have their preferences when it comes to games.

I wouldn't mind getting a PS5 just like I did with the PS4, but so far the games they offer don't interest me. Stellar Blade looks very cool but I ain't getting a console for just one game lol.

DaGwaphics

Of all things to complement Sony for, that space wasting, side scrolling UI would not be something I would consider LOL.

I don't see why it's news that guy on internet buys PS, but good for him if that's what he wanted to do. I already own a $500 XSX, I can't really see the benefit of buying essentially the same box again. There is only a trickle of games that are different between them. And, I have a PC as well.

GHG

Of all things to complement Sony for, that space wasting, side scrolling UI would not be something I would consider LOL.

I don't see why it's news that guy on internet buys PS, but good for him if that's what he wanted to do. I already own a $500 XSX, I can't really see the benefit of buying essentially the same box again. There is only a trickle of games that are different between them. And, I have a PC as well.

That's an awfully opinionated post for someone who doesn't see why it's news.

you have and PC and an XSX? name me one game that is available on XSX that you can't get on PC

THE DUCK

Nah man, people have their preferences when it comes to games.

I wouldn't mind getting a PS5 just like I did with the PS4, but so far the games they offer don't interest me. Stellar Blade looks very cool but I ain't getting a console for just one game lol.

Some crossover there, but your missing out on some seriously enhanced ps4 titles that stand alone (both last of us, Ghost of Tsushima) plus a bunch of ps5 exclusives. You don't like forbidden west, Ratchet, spiderman 2, gt7 or even ragnorok? Plus the nice bonus of astrobot for free. I mean Ragnorok could be the best game this generation.

Last edited:
I cant fathom how someone can play on xbox only for the last decade. Only took him 10 years to realise how stupid and limiting that is.

DaGwaphics

That's an awfully opinionated post for someone who doesn't see why it's news.

My opinion on the guy buying the PS is "good for him". The last part was just me musing in general about how similar the systems are (and I know he had an XSX already).

I'd think the same if it was the other way around. There is barely any differences in the library that matter between the two, no real need for both. Especially if you like to play online and would need a second subscription and all that.

you have and PC and an XSX? name me one game that is available on XSX that you can't get on PC

Most of my 150 or so 360 games and a few OG xbox titles. The XSX just runs new games better also, my PC is a work in progress at the moment. I've still got a i7 6700 in there that isn't all that great with the latest stuff. I've got to get a new MB and CPU that better matches my 6800, maybe a 12400 or 12600kf if I can find one at a good price or a 7600.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Some crossover there, but your missing out on some seriously enhanced ps4 titles that stand alone (both last of us, Ghost of Tsushima)
I have a PC, plus I played those already on the PS4.

Loved the first The Last of Us, it was my first PS4 game and I remember it being pretty cool. The sequel, not at all, maybe I changed or maybe the game did but I found it quite the boring game.

Tsushima I was enjoying it but grow bored by act 2, but honestly I'm not very much into open worlds so maybe it's more my fault that the game's.
plus a bunch of ps5 exclusives. You don't like forbidden west, Ratchet, spiderman 2, gt7 or even ragnorok? Plus the nice bonus of astrobot for free. I mean Ragnorok could be the best game this generation.
I don't like those games lol, plus aren't some of those on PC?

Ragnarok could be cool, I enjoyed the previous title, but some people told me it's more linear and has worst writting so meh, I can wait, plus I'm sure the game will end up coming to PC at some point.

I guess I could see myself getting a PS5 if they announce, I dunno, Persona 6 and Bloodborne II. Now those would be system sellers for me.

GHG

I'd think the same if it was the other way around. There is barely any games that matter between the two, no real need for both. Especially if you like to play online and would need a second subscription and all that.

Depends on what you want to play, and clearly there are particular consoles available that have more of what people want to play available.

And no, owning a console doesn't necessitate a subscription of any kind. I've not got one for either my PS5 or switch and haven't for well over a year now. If you don't play online stuff it's a non-issue.

Most of my 150 or so 360 games and a few OG xbox titles. The XSX just runs new games better also, my PC is still a work in progress at the moment. I've still got a i7 6700 in there that isn't all that great with the latest stuff. I've got to get a new MB and CPU that better matches my 6800, maybe a 12400 or 12600kf if I can find one at a good price or a 7600.

Still slumming it with an AMD GPU? My condolences.

Supporting underdogs in the name of "competition" and suffering everywhere possible. Could never be me.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Still slumming it with an AMD GPU? My condolences.

Supporting underdogs in the name of "competition" and suffering everywhere possible. Could never be me.

Trust me, if I had unlimited $ for it, I'd have a Nvidia in there. That's primarily what I've always bought. They just cost too much now.

The $370 I paid for the 6800 is the most expensive GPU I've ever purchased almost two times over. LOL Nvidia doesn't have anything price competitive with it, I wanted the vram since I will use it for the entirety of this gen and the cross-gen phase after that.

THE DUCK

I have a PC, plus I played those already on the PS4.

Loved the first The Last of Us, it was my first PS4 game and I remember it being pretty cool. The sequel, not at all, maybe I changed or maybe the game did but I found it quite the boring game.

Tsushima I was enjoying it but grow bored by act 2, but honestly I'm not very much into open worlds so maybe it's more my fault that the game's.

I don't like those games lol, plus aren't some of those on PC?

Ragnarok could be cool, I enjoyed the previous title, but some people told me it's more linear and has worst writting so meh, I can wait, plus I'm sure the game will end up coming to PC at some point.

I guess I could see myself getting a PS5 if they announce, I dunno, Persona 6 and Bloodborne II. Now those would be system sellers for me.

I suppose things have changed with having a pc lately and Sony games coming out, if you are patient, you still get to at least play them. And even, depending on your computer, in a superior form.

GHG

Trust me, if I had unlimited $ for it, I'd have a Nvidia in there. That's primarily what I've always bought. They just cost too much now.

The $370 I paid for the 6800 is the most expensive GPU I've ever purchased almost two times over. LOL Nvidia doesn't have anything price competitive with it, I wanted the vram since I will use it for the entirety of this gen and the cross-gen phase after that.

If you're willing to look at the used market then you can get a 4070 for around that price. With the amount of nvidia GPU's out there there's no shortage of options on the second hand market.

But yeh, overall you'd benefit more in the long run from the technologies on offer on Nvidia cards, but they do cost more if you're just comparing raster vs raster.

Pejo

Gold Member
Weird time to start dick riding Sony with the current drama surrounding them at the moment, but I guess I'm happy for him that he's enjoying gaming.

TintoConCasera

That's been the most shocking thing to me. He has has fans here, even people who regard him as a friend and talk to him on a regular basis.

Zach Galifianakis Fx GIF by BasketsFX
Dude should open an Onlyfans, show himself half-naked hugging his PS5 while an Xbox looks at them from afar.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Imagine having your whole personality based on the popularity of a plastic box with silcon components inside
It’s no different than people who make a living doing corny ass “reaction” vids, or die hard sports fans.

It’s time to embrace being a fanboy. Fuck having to pretend you like everything.

Preference is natural

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

It’s no different than people who make a living doing corny ass “reaction” vids, or die hard sports fans.

It’s time to embrace being a fanboy. Fuck having to pretend you like everything.

Preference is natural
Having preferences is natural, but you can have those without making it look like you are part of a cult.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Having preferences is natural, but you can have those without making it look like you are part of a cult.
My counter to that is people see one negative comment about console X or Y and automatically scream fanboy. Like criticism isn’t allowed.

Some people try so hard not to be fanboys, that they end up being fanboys for every console

I find the defence brigade to be more annoying

Last edited:

Humdinger

That's kind of weird that he never even checked out the competition. Went total fanboy for Xbox without knowing anything about the alternative.

Top Bottom