• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timdog, the legendary elder xbot console war general veteran has switched to Playstation

bender

What time is it?
That's been the most shocking thing to me. He has has fans here, even people who regard him as a friend and talk to him on a regular basis.
1ac5e3c1-8f9d-4415-910f-56cb6dfdbfad_text.gif

Topher

Gold Member

My counter to that is people see one negative comment about console X or Y and automatically scream fanboy. Like criticism isn’t allowed.

Some people try so hard not to be fanboys, that they end up being fanboys for every console

I find the defence brigade to be more annoying

Typically people point out a "fanboy" because that person is consistently taking the side praising/defending a company or product. It is never about "one negative comment" unless coming from someone who is just easily triggered.

GHound

Typically people point out a "fanboy" because that person is consistently taking the side praising/defending a company or product. It is never about "one negative comment" unless coming from someone who is just easily triggered.
I'd say this is especially true when it's the defense of an otherwise indefensible position that serves to do nothing but enrich the company in some manner, be it financially, ideologically, politically, or socially, even to the detriment of its own customers.

Topher

Gold Member
I'd say this is especially true when it's the defense of an otherwise indefensible position that serves to do nothing but enrich the company in some manner, be it financially, ideologically, politically, or socially, even to the detriment of its own customers.

And some of the people that are like that seemingly are oblivious to it. I don't get it.

What's fucking hilarious about clown like this is it's not enough for him to discover the PS5, realize he likes it more, and quietly switch over. No, his entire life is built around being a fanboy, so he has to publically switch sides and GO ALL IN on being a Playstation fanboy!

It's pathetic. God i hate fanboys so much.

MayauMiao

Long time Xbox influencer from Long Island and was also someone who used to post here until the permban hammer.

Might have had some first hand info on leaks at times I think, but nothing special all around.

So basically a shill, now buying Playstation in the hopes to get views or some sort of sponsor from Sony.

Mr.ODST

100% doing it as click bait or has a mental illness, someone even checked his PS profile to see he hadnt even got the first trophies on some games he was constantly tweeting about, so was more focused going on about the games than playing them.

These type of people are awful

Last edited:

SHA

This is the only logical choice for an Xbox shill. You've spent 10 years begging MS to do this or that, waiting for DX12 secret sauce, waiting for tools secret sauce, next year is the year of Xbox, and it's just been disappointment after disappointment. Just join the winning team. I did it a year after I got my One and did not regret it.

Now if you bought an Xbox and are happy with it, that's fine too.
I'm stuck in fallout and Skyrim, I'm new to these games.

Toots

Gold Member
It just occured to me that people who say stuff pertaining to real life on twitter do that because no one cares enough to listen to them irl.

Neff

I mean yeah, if you're only going to have one console in 2024, then I don't know why you wouldn't pick up a PlayStation.

Going from the Xbox UI to the PS5 UI must be like not having to speak Welsh anymore.

Good for him. I am sure many others have done the same after how shitty Phil has been at running Xbox. Literally no reason to invest in xbox anymore unless you’re living in complete denial. Playstation is a true hardcore console experience with great exclusives that always deliver.

Stafford

It's really not that deep though, lmfao. This brand loyalty is such utter nonsense.

You enjoy your new PS5? Good, that's fine. But don't go acting as if you've found the holy grail or some shit. It's solely a reaction to the new plans/direction by Xbox. Had Xbox not made this change he likely wouldn't even had copped a PS5.

It's just so hard to take these folks seriously man. 😂

Stafford

Still cringe as fuck as ever. Really dislike obsessing over one platform, let’s just play games.

Yes. I don't get this brand loyalty crap at all. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo (all other companies really) don't give a fuck about you, they care about your money. We shouldn't give a fuck about them either. Just GAME!

Duchess

Ragnarok could be cool, I enjoyed the previous title, but some people told me it's more linear and has worst writting so meh
It will feel very familiar.

But personally I loved it, and by the end I concluded that it had done what I thought would be impossible, and outdone its predecessor. I do consider it one of the greatest games of this generation.

Top Bottom