• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends coming to Xbox 360/PS3, all versions releasing in September

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update 2:

Thanks Seda.

UBISOFT®'S RAYMAN LEGENDS NOW COMING TO XBOX 360® AND PLAYSTATION 3®

London, UK - February 7th, 2013 - Today, Ubisoft announced that its forthcoming title Rayman Legends, already announced for the Wii UTM system from Nintendo, will also be released on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. All versions will now hit shelves in early September 2013.

The Microsoft Xbox 360® and Sony PlayStation® 3 versions of Rayman Legends are being developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the same team behind the Nintendo Wii UTM game.
Rayman Legends has been praised for its stunning visuals and innovative gameplay by media around the world and labeled as one of the most anticipated platformers of 2013.

"We heard from many Xbox & Playstation owners and Rayman fans who told us they really wanted to play Rayman Legends on their current system", says Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Chief Marketing & Sales Officer. "We decided to give the fans what they wanted while at the same time broadening the audience exposed to this innovative and memorable game."

Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman's graphics to the next level.

For more information on Rayman Legends, please visit:
www.raymanlegends.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/07/rayman-legends-delayed-to-september-also-coming-to-xbox-360-and/

Update:

E2s8ot8.png

VG247 said:
Rayman Legends confirmed for PS3 & Xbox 360 release

Rayman Legends was originally billed as a Wii U exclusive, but it’s now coming to PS3 and Xbox 360, Ubisoft has confirmed.

In a statement sent to VG247, Ubisoft confirmed the game would hit both formats at some point in September. Developer of the Wii U version Ubisoft Montpellier is also creating the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/07/rayman-legends-confirmed-for-ps3-xbox-360-release/

---

As noticed by Quentyn in the other thread:

ubireleased9zje.png

Source: https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/Ubisoft Q3 FY13 Englishtcm9982637.pdf

What on earth? We have release dates for both America and Europe:

Rayman Legends Ubisoft 02/26/13 US E10+
Rayman Legends Ubisoft 03/01/13 EU 7+

Did it get delayed?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Did it get delayed?

Companies usually wait until fiscal reports to announce delays that go beyond Q4 because they effect their financial results for the full fiscal year.

For example, it was pretty obvious FUSE was getting delayed by the lack of marketing and the lack of a date announcement, but EA didn't announce it until their fiscal call.

February is starting to feel pretty light on new titles. I wonder if this means the WiiU timed exclusivity will be shortened.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
February is starting to feel pretty light on new titles. I wonder if this means the WiiU timed exclusivity will be shortened.

wwell, oficially it's not timed exclusivity. it's just exclusive, ditto.
plus, with all the people looking for a wiiu game right now, I think that it would be smarter in any case to hit the market for wiiu now, and later on jumpin on other platforms.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Would be an absolute disaster if this is delayed. I was under the illusion it was done but being held back to pad the release calendar anyway...

Maybe theyre holding it back to go for a multi-console release rather than waste so much promotional money and buzz on a platform that aint building much of a base swiftly?

I hope this doesn't mean that this is delayed, because that means the WiiU will have almost no original games coming out until damn year the end of the year. The used WiiU section at GameStop is going to be a graveyard unless E3 is a total fucking showstopper

Without trying to overreact, I hope this isn't another Ubisoft "send a Rayman title out to die amongst bigger releases" moment.

fernoca

I remember that when Nintendo announced recently the release schedules...Rayman had no date. Thought it was a mistake...or that I went blind. :p

Wouldn't be surprising. It would make sense to release after March since MH3 and Lego City are also that month (neither game particularly interests me but it would suck to be a hyped Wii U game and release in literally the only month since launch with multiple decent releases).

I would love for this to go multiplatform simply because I want to play this right this instant, and I do not own a Wii U right this instant. C'mon Ubisoft. I bought Far Cry, surely you owe me.

MrT-Tar

I'm seriously hoping this is just a mistake, it can't be delayed this close to its supposed launch date right?

Neiteio

Fire Emblem is the gift that keeps on giving, and Metal Gear Rising is coming out later this month. No shortage of stuff to play. If this possible delay makes Rayman Legends better, I see no harm it. Could be sales maneuvering, though.

teeny

If it is delayed, then that is terrible and makes an already large hole in the Wii U lineup even more excruciating. I was sorely anticipating this game and had hoped it made it out day one.

Its great if the game goes multiplatform, the more people able to play it the better. Its just disappointing when the one game that I really wanted out of the "launch period" lineup gets delayed into Spring when, by all accounts, it is finished and waiting.

Saying that, I have only completed four of the eight games I have for the system, so I have plenty to be getting on with. But it still stings.

Top Bottom