• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Freeloader for Wii Thread of Joy, Happiness, Answers, Bloody NMH and BRAWL

Dachande

Mine arrived yesterday (at work, while I was sick at home). Hopefully NMH will turn up today.

AtreyU said:
What's funny is that the backup of the freeloader will work with backups of wii games. so dont take your originals out of their packaging and you will only need one original ever in mint condition forever :)

Fuck. That's not a good thing. Nintendo have a legit reason to block it now.

AtreyU said:
What's funny is that the backup of the freeloader will work with backups of wii games. so dont take your originals out of their packaging and you will only need one original ever in mint condition forever :)
...well

it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Dachande

Oh wait, hang on. A backup (i.e. copy) of the Freeloader disc? Which you need a chip to use anyway? That's far less serious if that's the case.

[Nintex]

SpokkX said:
but.. to load the backup of freeloader you would need a chiped Wii anyway?

Right?
Yes, a friend told me that they "cracked" the Freeloader to work with backup games. And you need a chip to run the pirated Freeloader.

YES.

with a MODDED Wii you can play a BACKUP of the freeloader to load BACKUP wii-games from another region.

coz with a modded wii u still can just play games from your region, except you convert the iso to another region with specific tools, which doesn't work with all games anyways.

lol...some people should learn to read.

its not like you can use the freeloader to play backup games :lol :D :lol :D

zoukka

Packages:
Shipped Date Tracking Number
13/03/2008 Royal Mail

Yeah I guess they shipped mine after I contacted them. In their reply they said all the orders were already shipped.

Crappy service and now lies too...

I have a Pal Wii and got my Freeloader in yesterday.

Tried out the following US GC games:

RE4: Worked, however there is a big black bar that takes up about 1/3 of the bottom of my screen, though this includes the bottom widescreen bar. Tried with both 480p and 60Hz screen settings, no difference. In-game played fine, but looked very ugly and super-jaggy.

REmake: Worked, like RE4 there is a black bar taking up part of the bottom of my screen, however it is much much smaller on this game (almost like a normal widescreen bar). In-game worked perfectly.

Eternal Darkness: Worked, as above there was a black bar on the bottom of my screen. However when playing a little of this game there seemed to be some framerate issues and the Wii's disc drive was a making a lot of noise reading the disc.

The issue with the black bar could be related to the type and size of screen I have, which is a 40" 1080p Samsung. Don't know if others would encounter the same issue with different TV's.

EternalDarko said:
I have a Pal Wii and got my Freeloader in yesterday.

Tried out the following US GC games:

RE4: Worked, however there is a big black bar that takes up about 1/3 of the bottom of my screen, though this includes the bottom widescreen bar. Tried with both 480p and 60Hz screen settings, no difference. In-game played fine, but looked very ugly and super-jaggy.

REmake: Worked, like RE4 there is a black bar taking up part of the bottom of my screen, however it is much much smaller on this game (almost like a normal widescreen bar). In-game worked perfectly.

Eternal Darkness: Worked, as above there was a black bar on the bottom of my screen. However when playing a little of this game there seemed to be some framerate issues and the Wii's disc drive was a making a lot of noise reading the disc.

The issue with the black bar could be related to the type and size of screen I have, which is a 40" 1080p Samsung. Don't know if others would encounter the same issue with different TV's.
Well from what I can tell the Wii will make the games run at 576i which causes the black bars. At least that is what happened with Tales of Symphonia (which kinda works) and Mega Man Anniversary Collection (which doesn't work). I doubt that this was made for GC games at all. Doesn't even say Gamecube anywhere on the Freeloader cover.

And yes I've tried both 480p and i. Makes the games run in 576i no matter what.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
banKai said:
back in the wii menu i tried to eject the disk, but it wouldnt let me... turned off the wii, came back into the wii menu, still not able to eject. turned off again, stayed in the black white warning screen about health and such and then it would let me eject the disk.

This happens to me all the time with NMH.. Its pretty annoying, but on the otherhand awesome to be able to play the real version :D

Took me around 10 minutes till the Wii let me have my disc back this morning >:/ (until I learnt you had to eject as the console is starting up)

batbeg

Yay, mine came in :D This is a beautiful day, I just finished two exam papers, I'm going home tomorrow, and my Freeloader came in.

Dascu

Damn, guess I'll have to make it through the weekend without Freeloader. My US NMH copy is just sitting here. :(

Nocebo

Received my copy of Brawl today! wooooo! (videogamesplus -> netherlands)
Yet no freeloader (divineo / codejunkies), they're both shipped tho. However freeloaders have been appearing in stores here, aswell as import copies of Brawl.
I'll be visiting a friend who has an american wii tomorrow to smash things! I'm considering getting a 3rd freeloader tomorrow if I don't get one in the mail by then.

tsef

Nocebo said:
Yet no freeloader (divineo / codejunkies), they're both shipped tho. However freeloaders have been appearing in stores here, aswell as import copies of Brawl.
I'll be visiting a friend who has an american wii tomorrow to smash things! I'm considering getting a 3rd freeloader tomorrow if I don't get one in the mail by then.

I am in the same camp as you. I really hope I'll get my freeloader tomorrow. I would be disappointed to buy a 3rd copy of it :/

Kuran

Banned
I'm afraid that if I buy a Freeloader and import a bunch of Wii games, Nintendo will decide to lock it out in the next forced system update. Is this a realistic concern?

Shahadan

tsef said:
I am in the same camp as you. I really hope I'll get my freeloader tomorrow. I would be disappointed to buy a 3rd copy of it :/

Wow I'm not the only hyper impatient nerd out there. Thanks.
But I'm the uncle scrooge type, so I live a real nightmare. I hate you codejunkies.

tidus9000

Nocebo said:

urgh, i'm in compleatly the opposite situation as you, got my freeloader from codejunkies uk on wednesday but still no copy of brawl :'(

Chairhome

I ordered a US Freeloader (I'm in Florida) earlier this week, and it just shipped. Should be coming in on Monday. I only have the GC (Jap) Nintendo Puzzle Collection to try out, unless I didn't get rid of NGT4 like I remember. I'm hoping to try this out with Wii Fit, but I'm not sure yet if I want to spend the money to import.

todog

I have tested some Gamecube import games (JP-NTSC) on my US Wii (firmware 3.2U) with the US version of the Wii Freeloader. I am in Europe and have received my copy of the Freeloader from Divineo this morning.

Here are the results:
Soul Calibur 2 jp. => works 100%
Ikaruga jp. => works 100% (some fucked up letters/words on startup)
Donkey Konga 1 jp. => works 100% (same as Ikaruga, fucked up letters on startup, no problem in game)

Unfortunately, I haven't any PAL or Japanese Wii games to try at my place, but I might be able to test some PAL games in the next couple of days hopefully.

Chairhome

Ramenman said:
Getting Wii Fit in JP version would probably not be cheaper than getting the Euro one because of the shipping fees, don't forget it's packed with a Wii Balance Board.
Yeah, I'm looking into it now. I see one on ebay though that is going for about $150 or less after shipping. Not sure how much the EU would cost, though... its coming out next month, right?

Got my freeloader today for my PAL Wii, just tested out some GC games.

Sonic Gems Collection (JP) - Doesn't work :-(
Viewtiful Joe (JP) - Works but with messed up cutscenes.
Star Soldier (JP) - Doesn't work
PC Genjin (JP) - Doesn't work
Shikigami No Shiro 2 (JP) - Works
Ribbit King (US) - Works
Mario Golf:TT (US) - Works

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
dermannmitdemcolt said:
@ the europeans here

which rgb cable are you using? i have the one from big ben and get a fucking red tint...really great...

Are you perhaps trying to use an RGB SCART cable on a US Wii? Because that will give you a red tint regardless, as a US Wii does not output rgb signals (and a EU Wii won't output S-Video signals).

lopaz

Banned
Guys, I think you ought to know that my Brawl didn't arrive :(. It shipped some time ago from videogamesplus, but unfortunately I now have nothing to do with my weekend. Cry for me

edit: I also saw EU No More Heroes in HMV today, and smirked to myself in the silent joy of superiority

Tempy said:
Are you perhaps trying to use an RGB SCART cable on a US Wii? Because that will give you a red tint regardless, as a US Wii does not output rgb signals (and a EU Wii won't output S-Video signals).

nope, i have a pal wii. everything is fine when i play my pal copy of galaxy, but when i boot no more heroes or smash whith the freeloader i get this red tint...that doesn't make any sense...

Ramenman

Air Zombie Meat said:
Got my freeloader today for my PAL Wii, just tested out some GC games.

Sonic Gems Collection (JP) - Doesn't work :-(
Viewtiful Joe (JP) - Works but with messed up cutscenes.
Star Soldier (JP) - Doesn't work
PC Genjin (JP) - Doesn't work
Shikigami No Shiro 2 (JP) - Works
Ribbit King (US) - Works
Mario Golf:TT (US) - Works

thanks for your testing, I'll add it to the OP.

Shahadan

lopaz said:
Guys, I think you ought to know that my Brawl didn't arrive :(. It shipped some time ago from videogamesplus, but unfortunately I now have nothing to do with my weekend. Cry for me

edit: I also saw EU No More Heroes in HMV today, and smirked to myself in the silent joy of superiority

Same here. I want to kill some grandmas. It's upsetting 'cause a guy who live around here received it from videogamesplus yesterday and NOT ME.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
My Freeloader showed up yesterday and luckly I have tested 12 Wii Games with it and 7 GameCube games, some Cube games are ones already mentioned here.

I am just heading out the door though so I will post them tomorrow.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Okay so I already have 2 freeloaders, as code junkies decided they wanted to uncancel my order and send me one anyway..

Now I wake up this morning and there is another 2 freeloaders in the post both from code junkies! :lol

At one point I had no freeloaders and was desperate for one, now I have 4 of the damn things :| I have only been charged for 1 so I guess its time to make some profit. :D

Shahadan

Label said:
Okay so I already have 2 freeloaders, as code junkies decided they wanted to uncancel my order and send me one anyway..

Now I wake up this morning and there is another 2 freeloaders in the post both from code junkies! :lol

At one point I had no freeloaders and was desperate for one, now I have 4 of the damn things :| I have only been charged for 1 so I guess its time to make some profit. :D

WTF what are they doing. Where is mine, also -_-

Xater

Wow that was fucking fast. I received my Brawl in just 5 days but my Freeloader will not be here till monday. DAMN IT!

Can someone test MLB Power Pros or do we already know tha tit works?

CassSept

I got my freeloader yesterday and i just happened to have NTSC copy of Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (loong story how i have it, but thats not important now).
Tested it, works perfectly so far:D

No More Heroes : GET ! :D
Received it today from Play-Asia, 13 days after it shipped. That was about time, too, as I was getting slightly bitter to see the PAL version, which I held off buying, sitting in stores...Anyway, now, for the Freeloader... Here is hoping the customs (which are apparently checking every imported package these days due to reinforced anti-terrorist policy currently in place in France) won't screw up with mine...

Sirolf

I've just received my freeloader from Codejunkies this morning with Brawl and NMH from VG+!
Both work flawlessly!!
Great WE ahead :D

Menuboy

I got my Brawl today, works with freeloader fine. Only problem is it's in black and white. My TV runs 60hz i've played import cube games, NTSC dvds and PAL60 stuff. I'm using composite and it's set to 60hz, I don't know what the problem is :(

Menuboy said:
I got my Brawl today, works with freeloader fine. Only problem is it's in black and white. My TV runs 60hz i've played import cube games, NTSC dvds and PAL60 stuff. I'm using composite and it's set to 60hz, I don't know what the problem is :(

maybe the component cable will fix it?

Menuboy said:

You need an RGB scart or component lead. Something you really should have anyway tbh.

Top Bottom