• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

my japanese friend said tatoos are kinda bad in nippon.

Im not too sure tho

I can confirm based off Wikipedia:

For many years, traditional Japanese tattoos were associated with the yakuza, Japan's notorious mafia, and many businesses in Japan (such as public baths, fitness centers and hot springs) still ban customers with tattoos.

Although tattoos have gained popularity amongst the youth of Japan due to Western influence, there is still a stigma on them amongst the general consensus. Unlike the US, even finding a tattoo shop in Japan may prove difficult, with tattoo shops primarily placed in areas that are very tourist or US military friendly. According to Kunihiro Shimada, the president of the Japan Tattoo Institute, “Today, thanks to years of government suppression, there are perhaps 300 tattoo artists in Japan.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I suppose. I haven't binge read Ippo in awhile / they haven't been around in awhile (I think?). Then again, fight been going on for awhile so I guess that's why.

I can confirm based purely off other manga.

Hey man, the Earthquake from the WWF had to leave the sumo sport because of his tiger tattoo, so maybe its true

Nordicus

Man, all this talk about tats really makes me want to move forward with my plans of getting a new one. I've had but a simple tribal tattoo on my arm since I was 16, and my dad has moved from zero to 2 tattoos since then, I can't just stay behind like this

scy

we learned much from manga

Horimiya 33 -

ozyzhfp.png

Please. I need this information to be used.

All of it.

scy

Hey man, the Earthquake from the WWF had to leave the sumo sport because of his tiger tattoo, so maybe its true

such tattooism

Man, all this talk about tats really makes me want to move forward with my plans of getting a new one. I've had but a simple tribal tattoo on my arm since I was 16, and my dad has moved from zero to 2 tattoos since then, I can't just stay behind like this

My Soul Eater (Suikoden) tattoo needs company. Hm...

kasane

I have enough of a backlog of LNs where something taking forever to get translated is fine by me!

And really, the only time I been reading LNs is on the bus.

Yes, they are safe for bus.

Yeah i read a lot of LNs too. I try to forget about them until new translations come up.

Stulaw

Sumomomo Momomo 1-13
This is actually pretty good so far, romantic comedy with a hint of Martial arts, chapter 13 had a brilliant
friendzoning

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Mahou Shoujo Pretty☆Bell
A bodybuilder becomes a chosen "magical girl." Fully accepting his destiny to protect little girls from danger, he fights evil by shooting energy beams from his muscles.

ricky-gervais-hysterical-laughter.gif

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom 358 & 359

C'mon Kyoukai, hurry up and finish off this scum and get back to being a prominent character. Good chapters though, something about Kyoukai cutting off people's heads get to me.

Soma needs to hurry up, I'm getting impatient. D: I never really thought of it until now, but Soma's probably one of my favorite jump manga out right now. The wait from after reading One Piece to Soma is getting worse for me.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Isn't that Luffy in disguise?

You must've been REALLY confused by Luffy running around with Violet and Zoro and Toy Soldier, wearing that fish outfit, trying to unlock Tra-guy's cuffs, etc. He hasn't been disguised as "Lucy" for a looong time. Sabo took his place before the final round began.

zi8UyQh.jpg

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 50-54

Is it wrong for me to hope that Tsukiko doesn't become one of Terumi's targets?

I rather they remain as friends since they get along so well.

Honestly if this wasn't a harem manga, I'd kinda be hoping they would hook up together by the end. Those friendly talks they had with each other made me seriously think she has better chemistry with him than any of the other girls shown so far (including the aunt).

Would be upset if she just became another person to bang.

Link ~Boku to Kimi no Aida~ 1-2
Another student leaves his family to live in a boarding house with other people so hes closer to school and doesnt have to commute type thing. Starts out with him waking up the next day after being in Tsuburaya room and having a pain in a place he never knew before and wondering what happened when they wake up together on the floor.

Highlight for me was rather his interactions with his classmate Jun and their going from just classmates to arguing to friends. As usual this friend route is personally more interesting than the Tsuburaya stuff.

scy

Honestly if this wasn't a harem manga, I'd kinda be hoping they would hook up together by the end. Those friendly talks they had with each other made me seriously think she has better chemistry with him than any of the other girls shown so far (including the aunt).

I'm not sure what the proper response to this is.

So I'll just /pat.

zi8UyQh.jpg

She's already boned in a matter of speaking

Himitsu ga Hanazono 1

7 guys enter the all girls school that is now co-ed and just try to make the best of their time. Oddly glad it is going the BL route as some of the girls are pretty terrible with their sexual harassment and near bullying of segawa. He has a great smile that he seems to only show Yao so hoping they get more advancement next chapter now that they are kindly pushing the others away.

upandaway

I need new manga... I need them or I explode... That happens to me sometime.
I'll share with you a nice way to pick up new manga on a whim when you're lazy

1. Go to the MU page of one of your favorite niche manga
2. Click on one of these in the bottom right (the number of lists that people added this manga to)
lYYQxp3.png

In the following mood correspondence (by the order above):
Naive
Brave
Masochistic
Suspicious
3. Click on one of the people that has the most intersecting items with your own list (doubly so if they rated a score you agree with)
RquH33Z.png

4. The appropriate list opens up, and you can click on any manga to check it out!

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - Manmaruban 01

Japan has banned all obscene things. Now comes those who will raise against this oppressive world.

Well at least it was amusing. A little predictable though but I guess all that dirty puns could be fun.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Link - Boku to Kimi no Aida 1-2
It's good to see this guy getting closer to people by just being himself. It's unhealthy how much he represses himself,. The relationship between him and the writer guy is really hazy, which is odd especially since they've already slept with each other probably. It needs more definition, because right now it feels unequal, as if the writer is a mentor rather than a lover.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Horimiya 33
Only 11 pages ;_;

also dat cover page with the girls. I was wondering what that was all about but then the guys started getting into their fetishes(?) and everything clicked

Also it was hilarious that Remi thought Miyamura was actually a girl. He fit all the tropes!

scy

Horimiya 33
Only 11 pages ;_;

also dat cover page with the girls. I was wondering what that was all about but then the guys started getting into their fetishes(?) and everything clicked

Also it was hilarious that Remi thought Miyamura was actually a girl. He fit all the tropes!

I just had to go back and check the cover page.

Nice.

i3Frqmn.jpg

Ana Satsujin 19

He says this even though he's fully aware there's at least two women interested in him.

Interested in him dead but that's just some minor details.

Maybe three now, but lol if she's going to get the chance to live long.

Charade

If the Light Music Club played Magic: The Gathering (doujin)

NK2wBeF.jpg

baka dad. baka

So yeah, the title kinda says it all. This read more like a tutorial, but it actually did a fairly good job at explaining the basic rules. Not jank/10

Datenshi Gakuen Debipara 01-10

Kids get partnered up with a demon in exchange for being a pretty boy or big boobs after getting their school sent to the netherworld. After a series of events, the school gets sent back to the real world but everyone is still pretty/busty and still has their demons.

Amusing. Pretty amusing. It doesn't take itself seriously and the dialogue just shows that. I liked the silly twists that happen and how it definitely didn't seem like a big deal. It was pretty fun to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom