• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE event on May 6th ¿SCEE gamers day?

"SCEE will be holding an invite-only media event in London on Tuesday, May 6th 2008. Unfortunately, we do not have exact details of where and when the event will be taking place but our source did say "many of your questions will be answered at that event, so keep an eye on the games press the following day." SCEE will release a number of press releases after the event, and the event itself can be streamed live from the Virtual Press Office. We speculate that SCEE will reveal the release schedule for PlayStation Home at the event and possible details about other upcoming titles"

h3ro

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Fuck Yeah! Come to me Killzone 2 media. :drool

That game is starting to disappear off my list of stuff I'm excited about, they just haven't shown enough... I thought we'd at least have an idea of gameplay or the framework for a MP Beta by now...

Perhaps Sony did push it back to Q1 2009?

LBP.. give it to me... NOW

KZObsessed

Your games! Give them to me!!!!!!

RESISTANCE 2
Killzone 2
Eight Days
Getaway
Heavy Rain
Little Big Planet
Motorstorm 2
rumour: SCE Londons new FPS
rumour: The Protector (SCE Liverpool)
HOME release date.

^^That's what I want, asking too much? :lol

Dever

Banned
deejay8595 said:
Don't expect shit from killzone 2 until E3......

Too late if it's still releasing this year before Resistance 2, imo. The devs are European as well, so..

Edit:

Confirmed by SCEE:

"A SCEE rep has just confirmed to videogaming247 that a previously rumoured press-only event for May 6 is true.

No further details have been offered as yet, but it’s thought that SCEE will use the day to confirm details of the European launch of Home. More soon."

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/04/18/scee-confirms-may-6-press-event/

http://www.xtremeps3.com/news.php?id=262

UPDATE (April 18th 2008, at 14:00 PM):

Event is Sony Gamer's Day 2008

We just got another email from an anonymous source stating the Media Event "strictly press and developers, and press badges are being sent out." Further more, the event "will be similar to the Sony Gamers Day hosted last year."

"The event will be hosted in London, with all the major Developers for Sony, including first party and second party developers will be there. Showcasing future titles and much more. The event is strictly press and developers, and press badges are being sent out. Furthermore the event will be similar to the sony Gamers Day hosted last year."

iceatcs

Most important who is invite?
So that we might heard one of them what will be on this day before.

Where was the PS gamers day last year?

tanod

when is my burrito
iceatcs said:
Where was the PS gamers day last year?

Pretty sure it was in California last year.

This pretty much confirms where JStevenson from Insomniac is flying to on May 1st.

ThatGuy

Most important who is invite?

Well I think Threespeech will be invited whose staff is located in London. I think the event will be at the Sony Soho Studios or at the Treeroomsvenue location in London .

iceatcs

Yeah and along to media UK department like IGN UK etc..

It could be 3room since it is invite-only event to scene for reasonable size of this room.

Wollan

Yay Gamers Day confirmed.
London is a surprising choice.

Killzone 2, Resistance 2. Give them to me.

dammedancing01.gif

tanod said:
I thought Gamers Day was an international thing.
Maybe the European press can't be bothered to fly around the World when Sony could be saving their big games for E3? It's not that hard for SCEE to knock up a more local event in addition to the US Gamer's day.

Doc Evils

ThatGuy said:
Well I think Threespeech will be invited whose staff is located in London. I think the event will be at the Sony Soho Studios or at the Threeroomsvenue location in London .

I had the opportunity to go there, but I turned it down. :( such an amazing looking place.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
FFObsessed said:

Killzone 2
Eight Days
Getaway
Heavy Rain
Little Big Planet
Motorstorm 2
HOME release date.

^^That's what I want, asking too much? :lol

This list fails... :-(

Septimus

Really hope some of the Japanese games are there too like RgG Kenzan, Valkyria, White Knight Chronicles, and Disgaea 3.

Wollan

If possible in any way you should try taping or at least arranging for the future a Fullmoon interview with Guerrilla (when you meet them in London). Among SCE devs they're still outside the spotlight/community, yet to create a bigger identity for themselves (stowed away in Amsterdam) and I would love to hear you guys interchange. Also ripe for all sorts of silliness as you guys are in a partnership but still competing internally + different approaches to the fps genre.

slider

jstevenson said:
This list fails... :-(

JS is obviously referring to Afrika ;-)

Actually, funny how that isn't mentioned any more. Infamous seems to be flavour of the month these days for games that not much is known about but we know are coming. Still surprised that Eight Days occasionally gets named too...

Busty

Banned
I'd quite like to see the different Sony development regions hold their own individual GamerDays showcasing what they are all working on. They could even stage them through the year to compliment events like E3, TGS etc.

SCEE certainly have enough stuff going on right now to fill up an hour presentation. I'm sure even SCEJ have at least some PSN projects to show off . Sony Korea? Not so much ... I assume.

If Sony are holding their annual GamersDay in Europe this year then good on them. It's about time SCEE gets a little more respect from the SCE-WWS family.

jstevenson said:
Me too. I'm very full of beans right now. It's sort of uncomfortable

Ask Ted to phone Shakira and she'll come over and rub your tummy. :D

Sin

FFObsessed said:

Killzone 2
Eight Days
Getaway
Heavy Rain
Little Big Planet
Motorstorm 2
HOME release date.

^^That's what I want, asking too much?

Don't expect to see anything new on the Killzone 2 front, its not gonna make it out this year. New internal target is March '09.

And where is Resistance 2 at in that list?! D:

Top Bottom