• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a Beyond Two Souls re-release for the PS4 a likelihood?

T'would be so fantastic. An already great looking game with some updated visuals (not that it needs much), same gameplay , though maybe some tweaks using the touch pad etc.

Is there much possibility of it happening?

I don't see why not? Sony like re-releasing games on new platforms which is a strategy I like. Perhaps a double pack with Heavy Rain...!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't think the game really needs a remaster. Game looks good enough as already mentioned

Did it even sell well?

Midou

The addition of being able to lose would be nice, with an 'easy' difficulty for the way the game previously was.

Quantic Dream... I wouldn't count on it. It's not far until E3 and I'm pretty sure we'll get a lot of announcements for the end of the year and beginning of 2015, so there's also no need imo.

sense

my theory is that both console manufacturers were preparing for the other to release their next gen consoles in late 2012/early 2013 and when neither bit they just decided to release their 2013 planned titles for the previous gen consoles and then capitalize on hd releases a year later. so you are going to see beyond, god of war ascension, gt6 etc... on ps4. this is tales from the rear but something i feel might have happened.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think it'll happen but probably later on. QD was experimenting with putting Beyond assets on PS4. Dark Sorcerer was actually just the Beyond pipeline.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think dragon here actually posted a version of Ellen Page that they had ported to their PS4 engine (which is just their Beyond engine). And it also helps as an ad for Quantic Dream's next game.

I hope they do it, I'm pretty much holding out from buying it on PS3 because I'm almost sure they'll make a PS4 version.

Quasar

I'd kind of like it to.

I bought it, then and before I got to play much I got lost in the PS4 launch and now my PS3 sits boxed up and I can't be bothered to unbox it and hook it up to something.

LevityNYC

Banned
I loved loved loved this game...and I rented it from Redbox and beat it over the weekend.

I would never buy it.

Graphically its amazing. I don't see what it would gain from being on PS4

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It would be an awesome PlayStation Now title in place of TLoU, since it's getting a remaster.

God, please no. The game itself suffers because of internet connection. While it might be ideal for the service, it would be better having a remaster.

Or better yet, why not both options?

Parablank

They said they were using their PS4 engine on Beyond so I guess it's certainly a possibility. I for one would get a 1080p60fps remaster/PS3 classic for $30.

Besides it would be a good way for them to get their hands dirty like what ND is doing with the TLoU/Nintendo was doing with WWHD.

Afrodium

Banned
I doubt it. TLoU is worth it because it sold well, was showered with accolades, and is likely to become a big IP for Sony. Beyond, on the other hand, received middling reviews and didn't exactly set the world on fire.

RE_Player

Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls double pack? I'd be down to replay both on PS4.

I don't understand GAF's obsession with porting the entire last generation to PS4/Xbone.
I don't think a select few games counts as "the entire generation".

Mort did mention it yeah. I also found this in the portfolio of a programmer:

katana_900x600xyk4e.png

Input code from Beyond for a DS4 controller. He removed it a day later after I first posted it. Probably got an angry call lol

I hope they can add some of the deleted chapters back for the re-release:

Original Tutorial Scene:

4-kopiecycyk.jpg

5-kopie9ldbc.jpg

He even mentions "Director's Cut Version" ooops lol

Another Scene:

4_beyond_shaman_villattdcl.jpg

9_beyond_shaman_cave_mkdvs.jpg

Some scenes in BEYOND are more based on gameplay, so the work on our part was a bit heavier. Unfortunately, for reason from production delay to overall coherence, a part of these scenes didn’t make it to the final game.

God I hope not.

None of David Cage's trilogy of dumb deserve a re-release.

Once was already too much.
They sell well enough and quite a few people seem interested. Not like you need to buy it, so why complain?

Porting a PS3 exclusive, that has no x86 codebase to work from, isn't as easy or cheap as a multiplatform port.
It just wouldn't be worth the millions it would probably cost.
Their engine is on PC as well actually. They hired a couple of engineers a while back to port it to PC.

spwolf

Porting a PS3 exclusive, that has no x86 codebase to work from, isn't as easy or cheap as a multiplatform port.
It just wouldn't be worth the millions it would probably cost.

like last of us?

I am pretty sure David Cage mentioned many times how their engine was built for PS4... it is coming... same for GT6.

Mort did mention it yeah. I also found this in the portfolio of a programmer:

Input code from Beyond for a DS4 controller. He removed it a day later after I first posted it. Probably got an angry call lol

I hope they can add some of the deleted chapters back for the re-release:

Fantastic! That baby pic is great, such a wonderful looking game. I still say its the best on consoles imo!

like last of us?

I am pretty sure David Cage mentioned many times how their engine was built for PS4... it is coming... same for GT6.

GT6 is pointless, might as well move on to GT7.
I think only TLOU and Beyond will get the remaster treatment since they were released very late in the PS3's life.
TLOU still has a lot of hype surrounding it and can definitely be a big asset in the PS4's line-up.
With Beyond it's more a case of giving it a second chance since it got drowned in the next-gen launch, Sony probably thinks it can do better and like TLOU it still holds up visually with just a few improvements.

I know this is off topic but, let's say The Last of Us never released on the PS3 and was released for the PS4. Would people look at it differently than they would in the port situation we have now?

Both games would be the same either way with graphical and performance differences.

Betty

Banned
Some scenes in BEYOND are more based on gameplay, so the work on our part was a bit heavier. Unfortunately, for reason from production delay to overall coherence, a part of these scenes didn’t make it to the final game.

I love this guy.

Give me that in 1080p with Second Son AA, a solid framerate and maybe some updated textures and it would look perfectly fine for a remaster:

4_by_dragonbane0-d77vdm2.gif

beyondlarge1157e85_by_dragonbane0-d7eek4y.gif

RSB

Banned
Man I hope so, because I really liked the game, and a PS4 remaster would be great. I'd definetly buy it again.

Do it Sony.

Only if there's an option to play through chronologically. I hated jumping around her life, it was dumb.
That's actually a great idea. I'd like that.

Top Bottom