• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a Beyond Two Souls re-release for the PS4 a likelihood?

I literally just got this game yesterday. Only put about an hour into, the story seems pretty interesting so far. But i dont think there will be a port. The game just released, if that wasnt the case, they should of just made it a ps4 launch title.

fvng

More people should play it, very underrated. Feel like people didn't give it a chance because it was a David Cage game. Also the game looks incredible on PS3, couldn't believe what they achieved on old hardware.

Didn't QD cancel DLC for Heavy Rain just to add Move support because Sony asked them to? How sad... who even uses Move anymore?

That's correct. So sad. The one DLC we got was great though.

Uggggh please! No more remakes.

I didn't even play this game on PS3 and I'm not that excited for a remake.

One remake per year is more than enough.

I guess I could tolerate a remake of this, if decently priced. Definitely not shelling out 50 for it.

Gbraga

I wonder if enough people even care. And I say this as someone who liked it.

The ability to play through it cornologically would definitely be tempting, but I'd still have to think a lot about it before double dipping.

Sotha_Sil

I will play this game eventually, as I was a big fan of Heavy Rain and the B:TS demo, but I'd rather it be on PS4 than PS3.

plainr_

Just like GT6, I will never buy or even play it for free on PS3. That ship has sailed and I would rather enjoy those games on PS4.

stryke

Interestingly enough, Guillaume de Fondaumière (QD CEO) has been busy retweeting but not answering:

7wqyvgz.png

Didn't QD cancel DLC for Heavy Rain just to add Move support because Sony asked them to? How sad... who even uses Move anymore?

Move version was actually more immersive and better/more intuitive to control for the most part.
If they re-release Beyond on PS4, I hope they add Move controls that allow for a similar level of interaction.
But they would have to re-do all the scenes I guess, because they had simplified the controls even more and skipped mimicking of real life motions like in HR. One of my main grips with Beyond apart from it having very few chapters that allow the player to make any meaningful choices or even adventure/exploring gameplay like in HR.

DieH@rd

Banned
I immensely enjoyed playing Beyond on PS3, one of the best adventure games in the last few years [and centennially a visual tour the force].

But I don't think I will rush out to get remaster. When I find time I will get it and play through "evil" path.

OMG! Does every game need to be remastered for next gen? Use all that wasted effort on a new game.

It's even that good a game.

Games like Beyond, Ascension and TLoU were very late-life cycle exclusives. Had things just stretched themselves a little further, they would had been PS4 first-year titles instead.

Considering that PS4's exclusive library is weakened partially through their heavy support of PS3 on a new console launch year, I don't think it's all that bad that remasters of their 2013 release games happen.

Jawmuncher

I think we'll probably see a Beyond Two Souls / Heavy Rain combo pack farther in the future perhaps to hype the release of whatever they do next.

OMG! Does every game need to be remastered for next gen? Use all that wasted effort on a new game.

It's even that good a game.

It's a great way to bump up the library in the first year, and I don't believe they're made at the expense of new game. And not everybody with a PS4 had a PS3, you know.

Corpsepyre

Banned
If there's one game that can ACTUALLY benefit from a remaster, it's Beyond. While the game aimed really high on the PS3, it was evident that they were sweating the PS3 a great deal if one looks at the how the game performs. A solid 60 fps (asking too much maybe?), 1080p and AA could work wonders for this title, a game that already looked marvelous on the PS3.

If there's one game that can ACTUALLY benefit from a remaster, it's Beyond. While the game aimed really high on the PS3, it was evident that they were sweating the PS3 a great deal if one looks at the how the game performs. A solid 60 fps (asking too much maybe?), 1080p and AA could work wonders for this title, a game that already looked marvelous on the PS3.

60FPS for game like that? considering that it's incredibly slow paced and "cinematic", a 30 FPS with much better visuals are a better choice.

Caayn

60FPS for game like that? considering that it's incredibly slow paced and "cinematic", a 30 FPS with much better visuals are a better choice.
Agreed, I really don't see the benefit of 60fps over 30fps for a title such as Beyond. QD would do much better to use the extra horsepower elsewhere.

Corpsepyre

Banned

Yeah, on a second though it doesn't make much sense for them to push 60 for Beyond. Would kill the cinematic movie-like feel, I guess.

yurinka

I think it would be a good move. There are some potential PS4 owners who didn't get a PS3 but may be interested in PS3 exclusives like The Last of Us, Beyond, Gran Turismo 6, MGS4, Puppeteer or the Uncharted games because they only did have 360 last gen so they would appreciate it in order to don't miss BC and to don't need to stream them.

Die hard fans also may like to see them improved and for the devs it's a great chance to port their engines to PS4 and to do some tests improving it without needing to include their cost in ther next AAA game and even to get some profit from them.

I don't understand GAF's obsession with porting the entire last generation to PS4/Xbone.

It's a Swiss store actually - Alcom.
http://www.alcom.ch/index.php?hm=suche&tom=5&um=&um2=det&artnummer=s449953&bfb=gametext%2Fcs_beyondtwosouls_s4.jpg&ar=Beyond-Two-Souls
Beyond doesn't deserve the remake treatment. I'm all for keeping classic or iconic games up to date, but Beyond simply doesn't qualify. It was pretty disappointing after the masterful Heavy Rain.

Actually TLoU, Beyond:2 souls and GoW Ascension are released last year just before PS4 launched, so sony may considered to do PS4 port of these games already when they were developing and they are not doing based on success of the game since GOW and Beyond did do only 1.5+ million each so far i think unlike TLoU which did 6+ million which is a big success.

RPGamer92

Banned
I never played Beyond and really liked Heavy Rain but sold it after platinuming it. Would buy a double pack for $60 that had remastered versions of both.

I think we'll probably see a Beyond Two Souls / Heavy Rain combo pack farther in the future perhaps to hype the release of whatever they do next.
May be gamescom announcement? I'll surely buy this so i can play these unique experiences in my PS4 without PS3/PS Now in offline.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man this game has some epic music. I listen to it all the time. Though I am not a big fan of this game, thought Heavy Rain was better.

Top Bottom