• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Soooo....Did anyone else know you could also accelerate by holding up on the right analog on the gamepad? I really should read the manual lol.
Known about this for a while and I don't even have a Wii U yet. >_>

Does the amount of accel you have depend on how far the stick is pressed?

Jachaos

its strange for me. In mirror mode i got 3 gold stars in all the cups but 2 on my first try and only took one more try to 3 gold star the other two.. but on 150 im having real trouble with like 5 of the 8 cups trying to get 3 gold stars on them =\

Japan drives in Mirror mode constantly so it's obvious it would be easier.

Courage

It has become abundantly clear that I just need to stay out of the GAF tournament. I use the term embarrassing when describing my performance there only because I can't think of a worse term.

Same here. Consistently in the bottom 3. I'm gonna practice with 150cc tomorrow.

Codeblue

It has become abundantly clear that I just need to stay out of the GAF tournament. I use the term embarrassing when describing my performance there only because I can't think of a worse term.

Don't give up! I finished in last place for most of yesterday but did way better today.

I must have total shit for taste, because I am always the only person to pick one of the levels every time. It feels so bad when it lands on me.

PusherT

Been playing this all day and realized that the motoercycles are overpowered on the corners and carts are at a disadvantage especially since there are so few straightways on levels. The drifting is were this game is won.

Tirod

Not even going to warm up tonight with Time Trials, just hopping straight into the GAF Tourney.

Gonna be rocking Rosalina tonight instead of DK or Wario, I need to see some new trick animations.

LETS GO

Ugh, this is not my night. Feels like everyone is targeting me, bumping into me, and then I start screwing up by bumping into walls.

Iggy will rise again.

Edit: Complaining to GAF method proves true once again.

Azuran

Banned
Guys, just had a fucking BLAST in a voice-chat session with daydreams, HawthorneKitty, Ahzuran, Nyteshade, metatarsal, InvisibleStride, and Kinsei. Seriously, this game is on a whole 'nother level when you mix in voice chat. We're done for tonight, but we're going to try and play again this upcoming weekend (most likely Saturday, but maybe Friday as well).

Let me know if you want to be part of this. Everyone so far has been crazy fun to race with and there's nothing like hearing a million people yelling "FUCK!" as you mow them down with shells. Message me and get on board with GAF Chat!

Also, big shout out to Bradical. Haha, we couldn't figure out who you were when you wondered in the room.

You guys are tougher than the GAF rooms. I can count with one hand the number of times I placed first. It was lots of fun to say the least.

thank you whoever threw that red shell at vongreckler

WearySphericalCygnet.gif

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Guys, just had a fucking BLAST in a voice-chat session with daydreams, HawthorneKitty, Ahzuran, Nyteshade, metatarsal, InvisibleStride, and Kinsei. Seriously, this game is on a whole 'nother level when you mix in voice chat. We're done for tonight, but we're going to try and play again this upcoming weekend (most likely Saturday, but maybe Friday as well).

Let me know if you want to be part of this. Everyone so far has been crazy fun to race with and there's nothing like hearing a million people yelling "FUCK!" as you mow them down with shells. Message me and get on board with GAF Chat!

Also, big shout out to Bradical. Haha, we couldn't figure out who you were when you wondered in the room.
Chat is very fun; it's going to be hard to get back into just "I'm using tilt controls".

Top Bottom