• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

K' Dash

As some people were saying, I think heavy chars are overpowered, if they gain the lead it's over, and when I could catch up to them, they would just ram me out of the track.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I found a pretty funny way to 'avoid' the blue shell. Had to record this with my phone because MKTV would not find this spot at all since the hit didn't get triggered, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Wifw0YArA

2pro with that green shell self recoil that was obviously 100% intentional and not me being a complete dumbass.

Me too. That's why I'm laughing. ;_;

:3

As far as speed combos are concerned, you gotta give up half a bar of speed to equal Rosalina's accel, and if you don't do that you essentially have a bar less of accel because they kept 7's dumb accel system. If the fattest characters do this then they simply equal Rosalina's speed, but the metals don't have this luxury. And if you're going for an accel-oriented build then the fattest characters are the best anyways, outside of offroad tracks.

Therefore, Rosalina is the superior princess. :3

But there isn't three of her =P

Kinsei

Banned
Guys, just had a fucking BLAST in a voice-chat session with daydreams, HawthorneKitty, Ahzuran, Nyteshade, metatarsal, and InvisibleStride. Seriously, this game is on a whole 'nother level when you mix in voice chat. We're done for tonight, but we're going to try and play again this upcoming weekend (most likely Saturday, but maybe Friday as well).

Let me know if you want to be part of this. Everyone so far has been crazy fun to race with and there's nothing like hearing a million people yelling "FUCK!" as you mow them down with shells. Message me and get on board with GAF Chat!

Also, big shout out to Bradical. Haha, we couldn't figure out who you were when you wondered in the room.

What am I, chopped liver? ;)

It sure was a blast. It was awesome playing with you all, but seriously, who the fuck is Brad?

Guys, just had a fucking BLAST in a voice-chat session with daydreams, HawthorneKitty, Ahzuran, Nyteshade, metatarsal, and InvisibleStride. Seriously, this game is on a whole 'nother level when you mix in voice chat. We're done for tonight, but we're going to try and play again this upcoming weekend (most likely Saturday, but maybe Friday as well).

Let me know if you want to be part of this. Everyone so far has been crazy fun to race with and there's nothing like hearing a million people yelling "FUCK!" as you mow them down with shells. Message me and get on board with GAF Chat!

Also, big shout out to Bradical. Haha, we couldn't figure out who you were when you wondered in the room.

I can say fuck in spanish! Would like to do that sometime!

Shun

tumblr_n6iionu3Np1skjarzo1_500.jpg

Thought this would be relevant for some people who are new to Mario Kart.

Can I just say the item distribution in this game kind of sucks? Me and my friends have been playing everyday since it came out and this is what we've experienced:

• Lightning TWICE only after a second has passed (I mean literally seconds)
  • Lightning in 2nd place
  • Crazy 8 in second place
  • First place getting nothing but coin after coin
  • 12th place player getting a mushroom or banana while 9th gets a bullet
  • Blue shells only seem to appear when I'm nearing the finish line on the last lap

There's more weird stuff we've seen, but this is the memorable stuff that happened. Is the item distribution based on how you're doing in the race overall instead of what place you're in?

Wow, just jumped on for a bit and with 12 it is a mess for small characters. Roslina and my small kart were getting hammered the whole time ha.

Well at least I had that sweet green shell snipe at the end of a match against ScottNap (sorry, I think I got the name wrong) :D

Ainaurdur

Still haven't found my ideal character/vehicle/part combo. Every time I think I am close, something goes wrong or I want to try something new.
But I am having a lot of fun even when stuck in the back after merciless item barrages.

Fandangox

Well seems I cannot play online with any games.

I had this issue with my Wii U when I first got it close to launch and it magically fixed itself after a while. I have no idea of what is causing it though.

Feltrol

Banned
But going by your comments it seems you can at least play every now and then.

I cannot even join a match before I get an error and get booted.

I tried playing earlier but I just couldn't do it, similar to you. However, I recently tried an hour ago and I have played without errors at the moment.

Kyzon

It's literally 20 feet from the finishline I get wrecked by something explosive and go down 5 places.

happened the past 3 races

Lumyst

This game is pure fun!!

It's CRAZY how polished this game is! I find myself just choosing Rosalina, picking one of the bikes and just going through the levels at 100cc for the pure thrill of it. I hadn't played a Mario Kart game since Double Dash!! back in the early 2000s, and so I started with 50cc. When I then went to 100cc, it was like a totally different experience! Those beautiful ringing bells gave me shivers in Royal Raceway as I contemplated how far the video gaming experience has come since the N64, my first console. And I hope that this game could inspire developers who make E rated games to step up their efforts, or even for the other platform holders to make a better environment for E rated games, because it's a shame that increased hardware power is firstly leveraged for gore and violence when it can be used for other things
(yeah I know, Nintendo did launch with Ninja Gaiden but they're not KNOWN for that kind of thing :p)
. The team at AMD who designed the WiiU's GPU should be proud of how Nintendo used their work.

Fandangox

I tried playing earlier but I just couldn't do it, similar to you. However, I recently tried an hour ago and I have played without errors at the moment.

At the risk of Jinxing it It seems I can play now, joined a room and its sppectating. Will leave it be either way after this race or of I get booted again.

Also nice avatar HxH is the GOAT.

Top Bottom