• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

I just confirmed via Twitter with the lead programmer from Naughty Dog.

60fps for BOTH SP and MP. Yeah!!! Now officially stoked!

SJiuuX9.jpg

Party time

dDcNKWn.gif

valkyre

Survivor is the only and true way to experience this game. I consider hard fairly easy and it actually gives you a lot of provisions.

60 fps in sp and mp without drops is going to be glorious.

Absolutely the definitive way to play the game. I knew ND were taking this remaster real serious.

bombshell

did they actually upgrade the graphics in MP or just bump to 1080p/60?

Known since the announcement:

Naughty Dog said:
Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements.

HiiiLife

Hard.....I finished it on Normal, and cant wait to replay it on Hard

It depends on how you want to approach the game. If you are going to approach enemies slowly and methodically, relying on stealth and silent takedowns, I think hard, or even survivor is the best way to experience the game. Even then, you will likely have an abundance of ammo.

If you are more inclined to shoot it out, then normal might be better, depending on how good a shot you are. I would personally recommend people at least try the game on hard though. You can change the difficulty to normal or easy at any point if you hit a brick wall.

Also, count me in as someone excited for the multiplayer. Loved the admittedly short time I put into the PS3 multiplayer, and can't wait to dive in for the PS4.

Hard Mode and turn Listen Mode off, if Survivor is available from the beginning I'd suggest going for it, it is the true TLoU experience.

To be honest I played it for the first time on normal and loved every second of it. It was only when I started on hard that I really realised just how amazing this game is.

Awesome game on any setting but it just felt that much more intense on the harder difficulty.

There's only one way to play this and that's on Hard for your first playthrough.

In fact Hard should have been the default Normal.

Hard, turn off listen mode.

You're welcome.

Thanks you guys. I tend to do games on the hardest difficulty my first time through (Crushed on Uncharted, Uber on Wolf, Legendary on Halo, etc.) however, I don't want to be pulling my hair out my first experience. Sounds like hard is the best way to go, but I'll be sure to skip survivor and go straight to Grounded on the second time through, when I have an idea of how the game plays. Can't wait to dive in and see what the hype is about it.

And if the multi is addicting as UC2 was, I can't wait to pick this up.

Can the thread title be updated? If a 60fps conformation from the lead programmer isn't enough, what is? Maybe Arne can pitch in so this can finally be put to rest?

And if the multi is addicting as UC2 was, I can't wait to pick this up.

While I only played a somewhat small amount of both Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer, I thought they were pretty good, especially UC2. Having said that, I think TLOU is the best multiplayer they have designed, though it's kind of weird that it didn't get quite the same treatment as the Uncharted games did (game replays, online leaderboards, etc.).

Can the thread title be updated? If a 60fps conformation from the lead programmer isn't enough, what is? Maybe Arne can pitch in so this can finally be put to rest?

If you think the 60FPS guarantee hasn't been put to rest dozens of times already, you haven't been paying attention.

Nothing stops the Cyborg. Believes.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone actually tried playing TLoU with the Dualshock 4? Horrible feeling D: Will need a very long time to get my DS3 speed/accuracy ..

Shin-Ra

Åesop;119141606 said:
Anyone actually tried playing TLoU with the Dualshock 4? Horrible feeling D: Will need a very long time to get my DS3 speed/accuracy ..
Yep, the (PS3) game doesn't take advantage of the DS4's high accuracy in the deadzone area like Killzone Shadow Fall does. It actually feels looser than using a DS3.

Åesop;119141606 said:

I ONLY played TLoU with the DS4. Had to keep plugging in the DS3 for the damn flashlight. And I played the MP for 4 months and did very well with it. It'll be weird for me to change controls.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
that doesn't say anything explicitly about mp :)
I would assume it would also at least have the improved textures. It'll probably still have worse character models than SP though, especially now that they're using the cutscene models in gameplay. The MP character models just don't compare.

Varg

Banned
From the videos I've seen of the ps3 bersion, does this game play anything like socom ? Socom and halo are my two favorite multiplayer games and it seems it has a few core concepts that my buddies and I would really enjoy seeing as how sony killed socom.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
From the videos I've seen of the ps3 bersion, does this game play anything like socom ? Socom and halo are my two favorite multiplayer games and it seems it has a few core concepts that my buddies and I would really enjoy seeing as how sony killed socom.
That's a good comparison. It's very slow paced, strategic, and teamwork based like Socom.

Top Bottom