• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn, if this game continues to impress me and impressions are positive i will definitely pick it up

duckroll

BlueTsunami said:
I don't read Japanese but looking at the pictures showcasing the "Personal" section it looks like every character is gong to have some sort of Item Creation ability! That rocks. The red lady look cool too.

Not every character has a IC ability, but different characters will have different IC abilities yes. Writing, forging, cooking, etc. Some characters also have Character Skills, it's not fully explained yet but they're character traits that probably have certain uses in different situations. Characters also have personalities that are listed on the profile screens. This means that in certain circumstances they are more proficient, like Gustav referring to be in a party with Aya, and Eduardo preferring to be a leader when he's in a subparty because of his leadership skills.

sciplore

Are the last two characters that are shown on the japanese site villians or going to be part of the party?

They look like villians to me but would be cool if they were recruitable or part of the "anti-party".

Jonnyram

JPN box art:

51zxRREoFGL._SS400_.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
sciplore said:
Are the last two characters that are shown on the japanese site villians or going to be part of the party?

They look like villians to me but would be cool if they were recruitable or part of the "anti-party".
bad guys.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
duckroll said:
Not every character has a IC ability, but different characters will have different IC abilities yes. Writing, forging, cooking, etc. Some characters also have Character Skills, it's not fully explained yet but they're character traits that probably have certain uses in different situations. Characters also have personalities that are listed on the profile screens. This means that in certain circumstances they are more proficient, like Gustav referring to be in a party with Aya, and Eduardo preferring to be a leader when he's in a subparty because of his leadership skills.

Ugh, I'm playing SO2 right now and I really want to fug with this new IC system they've got going for IU. :(

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Seriously, Square and Namco should have gotten together and planned on separating the release of these two RPGs. Having them both come out within a week of each other on the same system is seriously unfair to those of us who are anticipating them both with equal excitement.

I hope they will rethink their release strategy next time. I am sooo torn on which one to play first :(

only thing i ask is that they figure out a way to lock into the enemy, so you can strafe around them and back up ...

this last-gen walk back and turn around crap should be banned now ... it was technically unacceptable after zelda 64 had the lock-on mechanism ... that game is like 10 years old now ...

bad controls/movement mechanism can ruin a game completely ... square seems to be very good at bad controls...

i couldn't play ff xii for one year after i found out you couldn't inverse the camera stick (made it really unintuitive for me)... after a bit of a break i had to spend multiple hours training myself to think differently everytime i touched the right stick...

oh yeah i believe vesperia has the same lack of lock on issue (you have to run in the opposite direction before you can turn around and start attacking again)

duckroll

AgentOtaku said:
still suprised that the title launches so soon yet there is no realy consistant, direct feed gameplay footage =/

Just this...

That seems to be how Square Enix does their marketing these days unfortunately. VP DS is coming out in October and there hasn't been a single gameplay trailer yet, Last Remnant is coming out in Nov and we don't really know many real details about the gameplay either. Recent S-E games are no different, Crisis Core, Sigma Harmonics...

duckroll said:
That seems to be how Square Enix does their marketing these days unfortunately. VP DS is coming out in October and there hasn't been a single gameplay trailer yet, Last Remnant is coming out in Nov and we don't really know many real details about the gameplay either. Recent S-E games are no different, Crisis Core, Sigma Harmonics...

true true =(

isamu said:
Seriously, Square and Namco should have gotten together and planned on separating the release of these two RPGs. Having them both come out within a week of each other on the same system is seriously unfair to those of us who are anticipating them both with equal excitement.

I hope they will rethink their release strategy next time. I am sooo torn on which one to play first :(

Man, I so agree. Enough of this Vesperia bitching--I want it too. I want both of these. I wait forever to get my hands on one of them, and they both come out almost at the same time...blllaaahhh.

Rimshot

·feist· said:
Blim, you're the best.

I absolutely love this shot:

1009_0001.jpg

Looks like one of the towns in FFXI, probably a bad shot though since it doesn't compare at all to the other shots of the game.

Fady K

FateBreaker said:
Man, I so agree. Enough of this Vesperia bitching--I want it too. I want both of these. I wait forever to get my hands on one of them, and they both come out almost at the same time...blllaaahhh.

If only they realize that they DONT have to buy/play both at the same time lol.

Nif

Rimshot said:
Looks like one of the towns in FFXI, probably a bad shot though since it doesn't compare at all to the other shots of the game.

That would be Bastok, where the definition of "decoration" is stacking a few rocks together. ;)

Rimshot said:
I've never played FFXI, or any other MMO for that matter.

That particular shot isn't exactly a graphical showcase and that isn't what interests me about it. I like it because of how barren and desolate the town seems along with the billowing clouds/mist/fog/smoke in the bg in contrast to the sky. Nice change up from the towns and fields we've seen so far.

Gizmo_Monkey said:
so is this game 60fps? hope its not 30 as that will be a first for tri-ace
Last time I responded to this question (in an older thread) I was greeted with a snide remark. We'll see...

Ricker

I'm kinda glad they aren't showing too many gameplay videos,I had my lesson with LO,where i probably had seen all of disk 1 almost by the time the game realeased...just one more month before it ships,and that's usually when i start my media blackout(for video's) from now on.As for the FPS,all i'm asking is a rock solid 30 FPS and i'll be happy.

BlueTsunami

Gizmo_Monkey said:
so is this game 60fps? hope its not 30 as that will be a first for tri-ace

From what I've read, its 30fps and the reason for this is due to the seamless battles. Star Ocean 4 on the other hand is supposedly aimed to be 30fps Overworld 60fps Battle Area.

icecream

Public Health Threat
BlueTsunami said:
From what I've read, its 30fps and the reason for this is due to the seamless battles. Star Ocean 4 on the other hand is supposedly aimed to be 30fps Overworld 60fps Battle Area.
It hasn't been confirmed what framerate IU is running at.

And SO4 should be 60fps all around. You might be confusing the 30fps Overworld 60fps Battle Area with Vesperia.

Akira

Anyone seen this? A special preorder bonus if you buy from Amazon.

InfiniteUndiscoveryFoil.500h.277w.jpg

Order today and receive a limited foil print, as well as a download code to unlock your choice of five different in-game items that affect your character's growth and abilities. Foil and code will be packed with the game. Offer good while supplies last. Promotion valid only when sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

Have they confirmed if the US version will contain the Japanese audio?

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm half excited for this game and half worried. Reason why I'm excited is that it looks fantastic, I'm just through Lost Odyssey and need a new epic after I'll next play Blue Dragon.

The reason why I'm worried is the real-time mechanic. I like my RPGs turn based, the FFVII Crisis Core thing doesn't really work as well for me as it feels just reactionary. What would be some more assuring examples of IU mechanic? I've played Mass Effect and Secret of Mana for example.

I am pretty confident that this game will deliver an amazing jrpg -experience. I'm almost through Lost Odyssey now ( which, by the way, is a masterpiece ), and as such the release of Infinite Undiscovery is already pleasantly close. If I need to close the gap, I will probably buy Blue Dragon ( which I haven't played yet, unfortunately ).

Aaron

Chittagong said:
The reason why I'm worried is the real-time mechanic. I like my RPGs turn based, the FFVII Crisis Core thing doesn't really work as well for me as it feels just reactionary. What would be some more assuring examples of IU mechanic? I've played Mass Effect and Secret of Mana for example.
It basically plays like the newer Tales games, only it doesn't cut to a different screen for the actual fight. You can perform simple attacks, combos, special moves, and call on your allies for help. Your allies will fight and aid on their own, and their AI seems pretty good from the little I played. It works better than Tales and the like since there's no transition between wandering and fighting. Just don't expect it to be Devil May Cry.

keeper7k

Chittagong said:
The reason why I'm worried is the real-time mechanic. I like my RPGs turn based, the FFVII Crisis Core thing doesn't really work as well for me as it feels just reactionary.
Same concerns here. Waiting for the game a long time, but this real time battling thing looks .... scary (if it actually IS reactionary).

We'll find out in the demo i guess ....

EDIT:
Aaron said:
It basically plays like the newer Tales games
So my worries are real ... :(

Vesperia has an awful battling system IMHO. Sometimes you die and the rest of the party wins by ... themself and the whole thing rests on your reactions. Eternal Sonata's battle system was way better IMHO (too easy though - but that's fixable)

Aaron

keeper7k said:
Vesperia has an awful battling system IMHO. Sometimes you die and the rest of the party wins by ... themself and the whole thing rests on your reactions. Eternal Sonata's battle system was way better IMHO (too easy though - but that's fixable)
Didn't play the Vesperia demo. I was thinking more of Abyss.

Rpgmonkey

So apparently Famitsu revealed Komachi and Faeena (?).

There's what, like four or five (playable) characters left, right?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So they finally formally revealed Komachi huh?

I like Faeena/Faina's art a lot more than her in-game model.

BlueTsunami

Chittagong said:
I'm half excited for this game and half worried. Reason why I'm excited is that it looks fantastic, I'm just through Lost Odyssey and need a new epic after I'll next play Blue Dragon.

The only best example is Star Ocean 3. Think of a 3D Beat-em-up or something. Your fully in control in the main character while your AI controlled party members use skills you set for them.

Probably closest, in your example, to Secret of Mana but 1) You have more skillsets and 2) you have 3 other people with you (I believe thats the amount?)

icecream said:
It hasn't been confirmed what framerate IU is running at.

And SO4 should be 60fps all around. You might be confusing the 30fps Overworld 60fps Battle Area with Vesperia.

Ahh ok. I could have sworn I read about IU being 30fps but I guess I'm mistaken. Hopefully its higher than that, I would be pleasantly surprised.

EinSof

god dam it. Do I have to get a 360 now? Jesus bloody hell. Ugh... More purchases my wallet can't afford. T.T

I am going to wait 6 months patiently and pray it comes out on PS3 also. If not I am caving and getting a 360. I fucking hate you Tri-Ace.

goldenpp72

uh dude, im pretty sure this is a microsoft funded and partially published game, it won't be coming to ps3. I'll be patiently waiting white knight story on xbox though! :lol

Top Bottom