• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Item Creation? :O I loved item creation in SO2. :D

I never could figure out how to do it well in SO3. :(

3phemeral

Error said:
Item Creation? fucking hot!

VP+SO=Infinite Undiscovery
Almost forgot. One of the twins, the pink one, said that she could cook like her mom during one of the cut scenes, and if you needed anything to be made, you could use her for making food. Another guy was checking out the IC menu and it looked like he had Blacksmith abilities.

3phemeral

Crap! Sorry, I'm remembering this in chunks. There was honestly too much info to remember.

There's also Enchanting armor/weapons. I didn't get to see it in the game since one guy played from the beginning (and we've all scene the videos for that), and another girl played one of the saves where Aya was being carried away from the dragon. So I don't know how it works.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah the enchanting wepons/armor was confirmed at a really old interview gamespy did with Ogawa.

Enchanting probably works like Synthesis in SO3, which was awesome.

Some, but not all, of the characters give me a really creepy Baten Kaitos cold feeling. Doesn't matter when most of the characters look great, but... *shudder*

WarLox

Day.1

This game better sell atleast 1 million. 360's jrpgs so far have the trand of outselling the previous released one.

Xamdou

Yup day 1, I am more interested in this game more than LR and ToV because of the unique gameplay and it being an original IP :D

sphinx

the piano man
this game came out of nowhere for me.

first of all, " infinite undiscovery" sounds like a very stupid title, didn't grab my attention.

then this thread pointed me to the official internet site....

blown away, hyped, very hyped.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
S8 RoXoRz said:
Yup day 1, I am more interested in this game more than LR and ToV because of the unique gameplay and it being an original IP :D

I view IU and ToV on the same level. By themselves it would be hard to buy a new console, but together they form a perfect RPG storm that is hard to ignore.

I will be buying a 360 for these two games.

JaMarco

Hcoregamer00 said:
I view IU and ToV on the same level. By themselves it would be hard to buy a new console, but together they form a perfect RPG storm that is hard to ignore.

same here

sphinx

the piano man
Hcoregamer00 said:

xbox 360 is so amazing in regards to RPGS. It really is astounding the improvement in this genre in comparison to the XBOX 1.

it has taken away the RPG crown from the PS2 easily by now.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
sphinx said:
xbox 360 is so amazing in regards to RPGS. It really is astounding the improvement in this genre in comparison to the XBOX 1.

Well, the original XBOX had ZERO JRPG's worthwhile. Did the original console get a single JRPG?

At the very least they are branching out this gen and getting JRPG's, a genre that was sorely missed in the original.

Somnia

Day 1 for me on this also. Getting ToV, IU, Last Remnant, and Fable 2 this year....good god thats a lot of RPGs...am I missing any others hitting this year?

lostxii

20u72hz.jpg

Wow, I really like the diversity of the characters, plus there's still four more to reveal.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, the original XBOX had ZERO JRPG's worthwhile. Did the original console get a single JRPG?

At the very least they are branching out this gen and getting JRPG's, a genre that was sorely missed in the original.
Atlus had Nex develop a SMT NINE for it. :lol

duckroll

WarLox said:
Day.1

This game better sell atleast 1 million. 360's jrpgs so far have the trand of outselling the previous released one.

I don't think it can outsell Mass Effect. :lol :lol :lol

Rpgmonkey

The girl on the right reminds me of Freya.

I hope Ethereal Queen is in this (not that it's really unlikely for a tri-Ace game...), just so I can hear this game's version of The Incarnation of Devil. :D

Hunahan

Banned
Somnia said:
Day 1 for me on this also. Getting ToV, IU, Last Remnant, and Fable 2 this year....good god thats a lot of RPGs...am I missing any others hitting this year?
Spectral Force 3 if you like SRPGs (one week away)

Fallout 3 if you like the Bethesda formula.

Somnia

Hunahan said:
Spectral Force 3 if you like SRPGs (one week away)

Fallout 3 if you like the Bethesda formula.

Hm will have to look into this Spectral Force...I am counting Fallout just forgot to put it :lol

Hunahan

Banned
:lol awesome.

Looks pretty chatoic, but I'm sure it would make more sense if you were eased into the gameplay style.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Seamless battles! :bow

and the way the menu screen looks is fantastic. Good stuff!

3pheMeraLmiX said:
Uh... something about a ton of personal traits. I just remember someone feeding Capell an apple and his trait changed to "Fruit Lover." I don't know if this has any affect on how effective certain items are. Apparently there are a ton of these things. I saw Appetite, Trait 1/2, IC (they told me it meant Item Creation).

There was also a Create menu that was grayed out.

ummm, I totally missed this. HOLY SHIT!

Sounds like we'll be getting Star Ocean gameplay sooner than I though! YAY

3pheMeraLmiX said:
Almost forgot. One of the twins, the pink one, said that she could cook like her mom during one of the cut scenes, and if you needed anything to be made, you could use her for making food. Another guy was checking out the IC menu and it looked like he had Blacksmith abilities.

OMFG OMFG OMFG

I'm squealing with delight, I totally nerding out right now. I want this game! ;_; Sounds like their bringing back SO2 Item creation! Cooking ftw!

Vorador

Banned
This game is the last one i needed to convince me to get a 360. I guess i will get one when the game comes out.

PD: sol_bad, some of the characters you outlined are related by blood

sol_bad

Alrighty that makes a bit more sense then.
I generally don't like reading up on JRPG's because I don't want anything spoilt and like to go in fresh.

Rpgmonkey

Famitsu.com has this week's stuff up.

The Moon Rain apparently makes the party stronger, but for whatever reason Capell feels worse around it (I guess that means his stats go down instead?). Guess it's another one of those situations where you have to do some thinking and preparation.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1216658_1407.html

duckroll said:
Yeah, the player seems pretty shitty, but the CAMERAMAN is awesome! :lol

Definitely. :lol

Aeana

This is definitely starting to interest me a bit, despite not being a huge fan of real-time combat. It's also nice to see that there IS a pause feature. Gustav is super adorable, too. :eek:

Rpgmonkey, check your PMs!

Top Bottom