• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

Wallach

duckroll said:
54241320080707_150750_1_big.jpg

Well, that settles that, day one for me. :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice website, a higher quality intro would've been nice but it was still great. :D

Edit: Is the main character's name spelt Capel or Capell? I've seen Capel in screens but it says Capell on the website.

Edit: The Japanese website also says Capel, I guess in the JPN version it'll be Capel but in the NA version it'll be Capell?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jj984jj said:
Nice website, a higher quality intro would've been nice but it was still great. :D

Edit: Is the main character's name spelt Capel or Capell? I've seen Capel in screens but it says Capell on the website.

Edit: The Japanese website also says Capel, I guess in the JPN version it'll be Capel but in the NA version it'll be Capell?
there are some name changes. Capel=Capell, the twins and Edward=Eduardo.

Probably more...

icecream

Public Health Threat
Like Mirche into Michelle. :(

20u72hz.jpg

12 characters + Gustav + Sigmund... wonder who the last 4 are.

Rest of the pics:

Error

where did you get that pic?

edit: There was a redhead girl shown in the 2nd trailer, probably another party member.

Error

So I just saw the new scans.

Two characters revealed. Toma and some other girl. As for the gameplay info...

<~duckroll> WHOAAAAA
<~duckroll> they werent kidding about MULTI-PARTY
<~duckroll> you can form up to 3 parties of 4 people each
<~duckroll> also, remember the character profiles?
<errorGAIDEN2> yeah
<errorGAIDEN2> what about it
<~duckroll> some characters prefer to be in certain groups
<~duckroll> like Gustav has a characteristic that says "likes Aya:
<~duckroll> "
<~duckroll> so if they're in the same party he's happier

there you have it.

Rpgmonkey

I saw the scan, but the one I saw was small and couldn't see much. :p

And where's Sigmund? :eek:

Gustav's missing too though, so I guess it doesn't mean much. >_>

Multi-Party sounds cool. I bet the twins are going to be better when together in a group.

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
I saw the scan, but the one I saw was small and couldn't see much. :p

And where's Sigmund? :eek:

Gustav's missing too though, so I guess it doesn't mean much. >_>

Multi-Party sounds cool. I bet the twins are going to be better when together in a group.

Those aren't all the characters in the game. It's just an assembly of 12 characters made up of 3 parties. There are more than 12 party members in the game, I think the press release said 17? Not sure.

Error

yeah 18 characters.

oh one bit that I don't know if any of you caught was...

There are 3 difficulty modes in the game (like in every tri-Ace game) but like VP1, if you play on easy there is content that is going to get locked. On normal you'll see MOST of the content... Playing on hard will allow you to experience the game in its entirety.

3phemeral

Error said:
yeah 18 characters.

oh one bit that I don't know if any of you caught was...

There are 3 difficulty modes in the game (like in every tri-Ace game) but like VP1, if you play on easy there is content that is going to get locked. On normal you'll see MOST of the content... Playing on hard will allow you to experience the game in its entirety.
Oh really? Did someone find this out at E3?

Rpgmonkey

They specify if it was story content or bonus content like dungeons and stuff? And we can choose the difficulty from the start right?

If it's story stuff, that kinda make me want to play on hard from the start. But if it's bonus stuff, I don't mind replaying (was probably going to replay this anyway).

I don't think I'd want to start on hard regardless though, I'd rather have an understanding of the game first, plus I can see what is and isn't different from normal mode.

Edit: Eh, I'll just go to IGN then and see.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Nice thread - great info.

I went to the shop the other day to pre-order this, but they haven't even heard of the game - let alone have it in their computers. I will try another month.

Error

Yeah they didn't specify anything, if it's like VP1... I doubt they'll lock story content, probably the bonus dungeon or anything similar.

3phemeral

`Moe Joe. said:
Nice thread - great info.

I went to the shop the other day to pre-order this, but they haven't even heard of the game - let alone have it in their computers. I will try another month.
The people at the SE booth said it'd be released September 2nd.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX said:
The people at the SE booth said it'd be released September 2nd.

Yeah but my local EB Games and JB Hi Fi haven't even got it on their computers.

I am Australian BTW - is this game even slated for release here? We got the Mistwalker games FTR.

3phemeral

`Moe Joe. said:
Yeah but my local EB Games and JB Hi Fi haven't even got it on their computers.

I am Australian BTW - is this game even slated for release here? We got the Mistwalker games FTR.
Oh, sorry! I didn't know. That date's for the US, so I have no clue.

Rpgmonkey

It releases in Europe on September 5th.

I assume that includes Australia as well, but I don't really know for sure.

Error said:
Yeah they didn't specify anything, if it's like VP1... I doubt they'll lock story content, probably the bonus dungeon or anything similar.

Oh, that's a nice second playthrough bonus then. :)

`Moe Joe.

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX said:
Oh, sorry! I didn't know. That date's for the US, so I have no clue.

Haha. The computers will probably refresh in a month or so. If by then they STILL haven't heard of it and won't take a pre-order, I will definately import.

Cheers.

EDIT: Rpgmonkey that is what I assume. I just don't think the shops don't have it on their computers because it isn't being asked for. When I bought SO:TTEOT a few years ago on release day, EB told me I was the second one to by it, compared to FFXII which had its own packed midnight launch...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks so awesome. I can't wait to play it. It is probably my most anticipated JRPG this year.

3phemeral

Error said:
You were at e3, and you didn't play it? tsk tsk :(
Unforeseen circumstance pulled me away last minute when I was talking to one of the representatives. Besides, they had two people already playing at the kiosks already, and they didn't show any signs of leaving anytime soon. I saw Hip Hop Gamer walking around with a giant black and gold wrestling belt over his shoulder. That guy's a trip.

keeper7k

Awesome graphics and impressive presentation.

But i need an explanation. The battle system is not turn based at all? I didn't see any footage of how you "enter" the battle. Or is it like western rpgs where you just fight as you walk?

I'm a bit confused about it :S

tehbear

keeper7k said:
Awesome graphics and impressive presentation.

But i need an explanation. The battle system is not turn based at all? I didn't see any footage of how you "enter" the battle. Or is it like western rpgs where you just fight as you walk?

I'm a bit confused about it :S

You don't enter battles at all. They enter you, (as soon as they see you).

Error

there's no transition between battle and exploration. both happen in the same field.

keeper7k

So , what we get is something like Oblivion (battle-wise), right?

Real time battles , no entering ... Aren't the elements that a modern jRPG consists of missing? Or am I missing something?

Or maybe i need another coffee?

Error

well, since there aren't going to be any videos showcasing gameplay for this game... I figure I start posting impressions I find elsewhere.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-08-hands-on-with-infinite-undiscovery-95852.phtml#ext

To walk up to a game feeling unenthusiastic and walk away really excited is almost more special for me than playing a game I was already excited about, and that's exactly how I felt about Infinite Undiscovery. It looks and feels like a rich offering for RPG fans, and I definitely found it refreshing to stand outside the Final Fantasy universe and see what else Square can do. Maybe all these side projects aren't such a bad idea after all.

Sad the author doesn't give tri-Ace any credit :(

Awntawn

2 things

Dual-voice tracks are a given I presume? At this point in time I guess we shouldn't even have to ask D;

But mostly, any word on number of endings? As in, is there just one, or are there many that you have to replay for VP-SO-style? Multiple endings discourage me, especially if it goes in the format of something like Bad, Normal, Good, Best 3;

Error

No info given regarding dual voices, the game is 2 dvds so maybe there will be a dual language option? I don't know what's SE policy on this.

Multiple endings, again no info on that. Though... ALL tri-Ace games have multiple endings, so I don't see how this one should be any different...

Error

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/infiniteundiscovery/preview_6194798.html

Visually, the game looks great with large character models and lots of armor and weapon detail, and a satisfying light show when you engage in special attacks. Animations are smooth, and guiding your characters around to fight monsters seems so far to be a good combination of quick button combinations and simple moves that you don’t have to go digging through a menu to access.

40 something days left.

klee123

I'm gonna be ordering the Asian version of this game on release. Does anyone know if the Asian version is confirmed to have English text?

batbeg

Blackjack said:
Is it only three people in your party at a time? Dare I hope for four?

4-member parties, with up to 3 parties on a screen at a time (I'd assume this latter scenario is rarer, but who honestly knows as of now?). Direct control over main character only, but you can control your party members special attacks, and can give them general tactics to follow.

One thing I'm kind of annoyed by is the lack of information we're hearing from the hands-ons. I don't think many fans actually played it as there is a lot of details missing :(

I also wonder if they were playing fully English localized versions? And if so whether or not the VA matched up...

Blackjack

batbeg said:
4-member parties, with up to 3 parties on a screen at a time (I'd assume this latter scenario is rarer, but who honestly knows as of now?). Direct control over main character only, but you can control your party members special attacks, and can give them general tactics to follow.

One thing I'm kind of annoyed by is the lack of information we're hearing from the hands-ons. I don't think many fans actually played it as there is a lot of details missing :(

I also wonder if they were playing fully English localized versions? And if so whether or not the VA matched up...
Score. I had noticed a lot of the screens only showed three people in battle, but then I saw one or two with four portraits so I wanted clarification. That is awesome. I always get annoyed at games with medium to large casts that only let me use three (or worse, main character + two)

KTallguy

Banned
Screens look hot. I want more info on the battle system.

Even though I don't know anything about the game the screens still makes me want to rent it :lol

Hunahan

Banned
Wow. The frame rate really did pick up in the new trailer.

.....and 3 parties of 4? That just sounds crazy.

Can't wait for this one.

Tri-Ace multiple ending syndrome is going to drive achievement completionists nuts I bet :lol

3phemeral

From what I remember talking to the SE guy at the show:

The sword icon is the AP bar. When a character portrait points to it, that's the power of the character to lift an object. When targeting an enemy, the word "Enemy" will also have an arrow pointing to the sword. If the AP bar is full and the character portrait is above the enemy, the enemy will be lifted for an air combo. If the character portrait is placed below the enemy, the character is not strong enough to lift the enemy into the air.

Uh... something about a ton of personal traits. I just remember someone feeding Capell an apple and his trait changed to "Fruit Lover." I don't know if this has any affect on how effective certain items are. Apparently there are a ton of these things. I saw Appetite, Trait 1/2, IC (they told me it meant Item Creation).

There was also a Create menu that was grayed out.

Top Bottom