• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

duckroll

Oh and for JP importers, the Square Enix x Xbox360 Sound Collections disc that's coming with pre-orders will also include a Marketplace Code in the inside sleeve for special items. I assume these will be the same items as the US pre-order bonus.

Spawn99

Banned
Himuro said:
That is the cutest bear.
angrybear.jpg

Fluffy disagrees.

Okay, now I gotta hear that voice sample :lol

Oh and that new CG cutscene looks incredibly badass :eek:

The one that plays when you enter the site.

Also the music appears to be some of the best I'm hearing in a j-rpg in some time. They're really kicking ass with this one.

Haha the Bear's voice is pretty funny.

The bear sounds like Will Smith from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
CowboyAstronaut said:
Flashy looking combat. I really see no reason this game shouldn't instantly start off in the high 80s review wise or low 90s review wise. Unless reviewers will deem that it should end up in the 77-80 range based on the graphics not being to their satisfaction or the most famous of all cop outs "generic, rpg cliches"

Replace the anime characters with bald space marines and give it some branching dialogue trees and a bunch of subquest areas with bland graphics and almost no interesting content, and it will get 90+ in the American press, guaranteed...

EDIT: Holy fucking shit at the bear, that's awesome!

Also, I think the biggest thing I'm worried about with this game is the camera, I hate manual camera controls (I want to play a video game not play cameraman) and dealing with that gets annoying, especially over a long 30+ hour game, one of the reasons why I haven't been able to enjoy many modern action RPGs.

Blackjack

Cianalas said:
I just noticed the bear has no molars, or really any teeth beyond it's canines. Now I can't unsee it.
You don't need molars to eat monsters!

Unless it's a plant monster, I guess.

Blackjack

He is buffed up in attack and doing a critical, so keep that in mind. But that is still some impressive damage. And almost twice as much HP as the other two on the same level, which is sweet.

phez

Banned
Blackjack said:
He is buffed up in attack and doing a critical, so keep that in mind. But that is still some impressive damage. And almost twice as much HP as the other two on the same level, which is sweet.

definitely smarter than the average bear

matmanx1

Havent really been paying much attention to this one until I saw this thread. Color me cautiously optimistic after watching the Gamersyde video linked earlier. I hope the battle system feels and reacts fluidly. That will make or break this game for me.

matmanx1 said:
Havent really been paying much attention to this one until I saw this thread. Color me cautiously optimistic after watching the Gamersyde video linked earlier. I hope the battle system feels and reacts fluidly. That will make or break this game for me.

It would be a disappoint if Tri-Ace didn't give us such.

batbeg

They do sound pretty interesting, though I so dearly wish it weren't the typical age-range found in most RPGs these days, with a bunch of teens and the token old guy (who even looks a lot like FFVII's Cid, the token old guy). Hopefully they don't fall into the same, typically horrible behaviors and interactions.

Every day without this in my hands hurts my heart :(

Error said:
Pretty neat overview of all the characters announced so far, an interested read. The cast of this game actually seems pretty good.

http://swordmachine.blogspot.com/2008/07/undiscovering-infinite-undiscoverys.html

Cast sounds fantastic and nicely varied.

I'll definitely be keeping Eduardo around quite a bit. I look forward to some rather interesting things from him especially due to the fact that one of the developers admitted to him being his favorite character in the game, even above the main character.

Sigmund is just a must.

Will probably juggle around with the other characters quite a bit as well.

Interested in Eugene and what he has in that backpack. I can see Mirche being a great character as well.

We going to get to see some beautiful gameplay videos of this one from E3 :D

eXistor

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I will say this: every jrpg should be like this. At least for a few years, then we'll get bored by the style and demand something new again. For now this looks amazingly amazing.

Blackjack

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CowboyAstronaut said:
I'll definitely be keeping Eduardo around quite a bit. I look forward to some rather interesting things from him especially due to the fact that one of the developers admitted to him being his favorite character in the game, even above the main character.
I believe Ogawa was talking about Eugene.

Error

CowboyAstronaut said:
Was he? If that's the case then I suppose it'll have to make sure to keep him around :)
Yeah he said his favorite was a character from "a high social standing". Eugene is the son of a merchant going by what that description said, so it's probably him.

ampere

Jesus christ I just watched a video of this game and it went from 'don't care about' to ' possible day 1.'
Wow Square (or Tri-ace). I love the transition into battle, I get enough of a turn based fix playing old FF so it's great when newer games do something fresh.

Cianalas

Revelations said:
anyone else having trouble opening that site with the character descriptions on it?
If you're using firefox press enter in the address bar after you get the error page. It should load up properly when you do that.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Because it's not always about real news, and the fun of the blog might be drowned out by the excitement and anticipation in this thread. :D

Rpgmonkey

Oh wow, the game over "system" is kinda cool.

The game doesn't instantly end when Capel dies (which was one of my main worries), it seems his eyelids slowly close (basically two black bars slowly go over the screen), and someone has to go and revive him before they completely close.

It also relates to other healing requests and stuff too.

Some of the tougher battles in this game are going to require a lot of multitasking it seems.

Ryusei

Neo Member
I hope the 360 becomes a contender when it involve RPGs like this and ToV. The PS3 has not really cranked out the RPGs as much as I expected.

I'm still really looking forward to this game. :D

Error

Rpgmonkey said:
Oh wow, the game over "system" is kinda cool.

The game doesn't instantly end when Capel dies (which was one of my main worries), it seems his eyelids slowly close (basically two black bars slowly go over the screen), and someone has to go and revive him before they completely close.

It also relates to other healing requests and stuff too.

Some of the tougher battles in this game are going to require a lot of multitasking it seems.
the Capell death bit sounds interesting, I wonder if the relationship with the other characters plays a role in that.

Top Bottom