• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

h3ro

EinSof said:
god dam it. Do I have to get a 360 now? Jesus bloody hell. Ugh... More purchases my wallet can't afford. T.T

I am going to wait 6 months patiently and pray it comes out on PS3 also. If not I am caving and getting a 360. I fucking hate you Tri-Ace.

IU is a MGS funded game, so sorry, no go on that one. I want to check out a demo before I totally commit to this game though. I keep getting all these SE/Tri Ace games mixed up due to the use of the same aesthetic :p (IU, LR, SO4 all seem like one big ball of real time combat JRPGs)

Speaking of Tri-Ace, however, I think its safe to say that once the exclusivity window is up and they finish getting the engine up and running on PS3, that we'll see Star Ocean 4 be multiplatform. They'd lose too much in Japan otherwise...

Either way, PS360 is the way to go this gen :p

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Real-time combat = no buy for me, unless the developers are doing something really, really different. Which they don't seem to be.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chairman Yang said:
Real-time combat = no buy for me, unless the developers are doing something really, really different. Which they don't seem to be.

That's too bad, Yang. The Real Time Combat is actually what is drawing me to it, especially because of the way they're trying to make it seamless.

goldenpp72

why is ps360 the way to go this gen, for jrpgs? I mean.. if its coming to 360 why is owning a ps3 helpful?

not saying ps3 is bad but.. jrpg wise it doesn't have a leg to stand on right now and it getting a game already on 360 'maybe' doesn't really sway either.

Ps3 is more for littlebigplanet :D

inner-G

Banned
Chairman Yang said:

I feel the same way, BUT... I feel compelled to pick up one of these (this or Tales...)

Given the choice, I think I have to get the Squeenix game over the Namco one.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
thetrin said:
That's too bad, Yang. The Real Time Combat is actually what is drawing me to it, especially because of the way they're trying to make it seamless.
Seamless is definitely a good step, but aside from Mount & Blade and some bits of the Tales games, I have yet to experience a single game that's pulled off real-time combat that can compare to good turn-based/pausable real-time systems. This game seems to be making all of the traditional mistakes, based on the information I've seen. Vague and indirect party control (that will rely heavily on AI--something RPG developers can almost never get right), a focus on combos (which, paradoxically, makes combat more shallow), and lots of subsystems that will make it impossible to properly fine-tune and balance combat encounters.

Of course this is all theoretical for now, and maybe the game will put to rest all of my concerns, but at the moment I don't think it will.

duckroll

goldenpp72 said:
why is ps360 the way to go this gen, for jrpgs? I mean.. if its coming to 360 why is owning a ps3 helpful?

not saying ps3 is bad but.. jrpg wise it doesn't have a leg to stand on right now and it getting a game already on 360 'maybe' doesn't really sway either.

Ps3 is more for littlebigplanet :D

He didn't say anything about JRPGs. He said it was the way to go this gen.

Sushen

EinSof said:
god dam it. Do I have to get a 360 now? Jesus bloody hell. Ugh... More purchases my wallet can't afford. T.T

I am going to wait 6 months patiently and pray it comes out on PS3 also. If not I am caving and getting a 360. I fucking hate you Tri-Ace.
You can always use your PS3 to fund 360 purchase. :p

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I have no idea what this game is about, but I'm stoked merely by the fact that it's a Square Enix jRPG. Even if it sucks, I'm just glad SE is supporting a system that I own. yay!

Desi

h3ro said:
II keep getting all these SE/Tri Ace games mixed up due to the use of the same aesthetic :p (IU, LR, SO4 all seem like one big ball of real time combat JRPGs)
But once again LR isn't real time.

Blackjack

fartblast said:
costumes don't seem to look as retard stupid as seen in other japanese games.
Yeah, for real. Mirche/Michelle has the most revealing outfit so far, and it's barely revealing at all. They're pretty much all dressed as though they were, you know, on the move a lot.

Also, I enjoy that Aya looks like she could actually use a bow without snapping her arms right off. She's not giant, by any means, but she looks a little bit thicker than your average JRPG heroines.

Really, the only design(s) I don't like are the little kids. Something about their faces just throws me off -- especially the boy.

Blackjack said:
Yeah, for real. Mirche/Michelle has the most revealing outfit so far, and it's barely revealing at all. They're pretty much all dressed as though they were, you know, on the move a lot.

Also, I enjoy that Aya looks like she could actually use a bow without snapping her arms right off. She's not giant, by any means, but she looks a little bit thicker than your average JRPG heroines.

Really, the only design(s) I don't like are the little kids. Something about their faces just throws me off -- especially the boy.

indeed! :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'm about to replay Star Ocean 3 and god, its going to feel marvelous going to an HD nearly non jaggy better version of it :3

Oh and look at the lower left corner. A pen, paper and music note :eek: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Rimshot

Man, I can't decide if I should get this or not. If I should get the tales game instead, or just simply skip the both of them. The last years I have been really hyped over some rpg's and even bought them on day 1, yet hardly played any of them more then a couple of hours. Guess I want to still be into these things, but can't :/

Characters seem to belong to this gen of consoles, but environments looks kinda last gen to me :/ Still no grass, just a green moss texture. (for example)

(Wants Uncharted 2 nao!)

h3ro

intheinbetween said:
LR looks far worse to me than IU

Agreed. I blame UE3... you can get some nice effects with that engine, but if not totally optimized, you see some rough edges (and I don't just mean graphically). LO had some framerate issues to go along with the world's thickest eyebrows...

Also, I hope Epic gave SE the build of UE3 they used on UTIII because I fear for the performance of that game if they didn't. UTIII was by far the best implementation of that engine on PS3 so far. Probably the reason for the delays as well, more so than any moneyhat.

As for my earlier comment, yeah, I meant PS360 is the way to go for gaming overall this generation, but if you play JRPGs, you have to own a 360 right now. Its ridiculous the amount of solid games incoming in that genre.

Nolan.

h3ro said:
Agreed. I blame UE3... you can get some nice effects with that engine, but if not totally optimized, you see some rough edges (and I don't just mean graphically). LO had some framerate issues to go along with the world's thickest eyebrows...

Also, I hope Epic gave SE the build of UE3 they used on UTIII because I fear for the performance of that game if they didn't. UTIII was by far the best implementation of that engine on PS3 so far. Probably the reason for the delays as well, more so than any moneyhat.

As for my earlier comment, yeah, I meant PS360 is the way to go for gaming overall this generation, but if you play JRPGs, you have to own a 360 right now. Its ridiculous the amount of solid games incoming in that genre.

Yeah I agree, I just don't feel like it's right for rpg's. I enjoyed LO but it just seemed like the wrong choice to go with UE3. I was hoping TLR would prove me wrong and show what can be done that LO didn't achieve with the engine, though doesn't look like it.

I am anxiously awaiting this game now. The screens look great. I thought Lost Odyssey was good but I didn't really like the art style.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Saw the new scan, Komachi looks awesome. I'm loving the designs for the characters in this game.

starblade

I'm still a little apprehensive about whether tri-Ace will implement the battle system seamlessly. Everything looks intuitive from the videos, but tri-Ace and has a way of making a certain 'disconnect' feeling with their battle systems as of late.

Kazenone

The UK website is up, and I don't know if this is happening anywhere else but if you preorder at the major retailers you get 5 bonus in-game items:

http://www.infiniteundiscoverygame.co.uk/home/

Pre-Order Content Code

Pre-order INFINITE UNDISCOVERY to receive a code which can be used to unlock 5 special in-game items, that can greatly affect the way your character grows and progresses! (requires broadband internet connection)

There's a few downloads on the website too.

Nolan. said:
Yeah I agree, I just don't feel like it's right for rpg's. I enjoyed LO but it just seemed like the wrong choice to go with UE3. I was hoping TLR would prove me wrong and show what can be done that LO didn't achieve with the engine, though doesn't look like it.

Mistwalker should've chosen/made their own engine for LO as the did for Blue Dragon, UE3 isn't an optimized engine yet, i think/know that EPIC can take the best of UE3, but that doesn't apply to third party companies.

IU looks amazing, i'm really hyped about it and i have the feeling that it won't let me down, it's my most anticipated JRPG nowadays, and it's sooooo close than days seems to be as long as weeks, and weeks as long as months, heh

you can call me a Tri-Ace fanboy, but man, Radiata Stories is my favourite (A)RPG, so i expect great things from these guys

BlueTsunami said:
The music is :O

So music sounds fucking awesome, now I just need to experience the gameplay and hopefully the story isn't really bad. GOTY PLEASE

Best RPG of next gen is a worthy title for it.

FrankT

Kazenone said:
The UK website is up, and I don't know if this is happening anywhere else but if you preorder at the major retailers you get 5 bonus in-game items:

http://www.infiniteundiscoverygame.co.uk/home/

There's a few downloads on the website too.

Music so good.

Linkzg said:
Best RPG of next gen is a worthy title for it.

As far as this generation of titles to date yea I certainly believe this could be the best JRPG to date.

duckroll

This week's Famitsu has a 2 page article showing off 3 characters (only 1 is a party member though) as well as some stuff we didn't know about before:

- Privite Events are in! When PEs happen between the main character and a party member, there are dialogue options and stuff just like in the SO games!

- Party Connects in towns and villages! When in a town or village Capel can Connect with a party member like he does in battle, allowing the player to bring that party member along with Capel around the village to interact with people (and animals) to get results that he would not get alone!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! tri-Ace :bow :bow! :eek:

Darkman M

duckroll said:
This week's Famitsu has a 2 page article showing off 3 characters (only 1 is a party member though) as well as some stuff we didn't know about before:

- Privite Events are in! When PEs happen between the main character and a party member, there are dialogue options and stuff just like in the SO games!

- Party Connects in towns and villages! When in a town or village Capel can Connect with a party member like he does in battle, allowing the player to bring that party member along with Capel around the village to interact with people (and animals) to get results that he would not get alone!

Nice info's this has all of a sudden become my most anticipated jrpg of the year.

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:

My hype for this has officially gone quite a bit beyond any game this year. :D

Blackjack

duckroll said:

I want this game SO GODDAMNED MUCH.

Top Bottom