• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

Akai

Teknoman said:
Wow...thats nice. Who's composing for IU again? I might just have to bump Tales of Vesperia and Symphonia 2 to the side.

Motoi Sakuraba... =D

(Edit: Oh my, this is a nice succession of posts here...)

Nif

Damn, I spent a long time trying to record it straight from the website without any popping. :lol Thanks, though. This sounds much better.

Teknoman

Error said:

Should've known that :lol Cant wait to hear the various battle themes in that case.

jimbo said:
Awesome game. Awesome thread.

Can someone with a lot more info and knowledge than I do, make a thread like this about The Last Remnant? I was just checking out the official site and remembered why I love Square Enix games: soundtrack.

Yeah if I dont know much about an RPG or there are too many conflicting opinions, i'll check out the soundtrack.

Akai said:
Motoi Sakuraba... =D

(Edit: Oh my, this is a nice succession of posts here...)

Same thing just occured for Mitsuda in the Chrono Trigger topic.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jtyettis said:
Do you have a 360? If so, how long? Or are you getting one because of the game?
Well, I'll be getting Lost Odysee with it. This will be the first game I actually buy though. It's in transit right now. The game, and JRPG's, are definitely the driving force for me getting one though.

FrankT

LiquidMetal14 said:
Well, I'll be getting Lost Odysee with it. This will be the first game I actually buy though. It's in transit right now. The game, and JRPG's, are definitely the driving force for me getting one though.

Ah I see.

zurra

sakurabaaaa <3333

two sakuraba soundtracks nearly back-to-back is just too amazing. his work with tri-Ace has always been more impressive than the Tales of... games, but i can't wait to hear vesperia's soundtrack anyway!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Got mine preordered. Man, it's going to be tough trying to find time to play this, ToV, and Too Human all around the same time. So funny, until Aces of the Galaxy and GeoWars 2, I basically hadn't booted up my 360 since the first months of 2008! Now...? Shit.

h3ro

LiquidMetal14 said:
Want, between this and ToV I choose you! Will be my first 360 purchase.

Welcome to PS360 Land... where no exclusive can go un-played!

LO is kick ass... don't sleep on Blue Dragon though, I like what I played in the demo and it can be found for $20... I plan on picking it up once I finish my epic backlog.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
h3ro said:
Welcome to PS360 Land... where no exclusive can go un-played!

LO is kick ass... don't sleep on Blue Dragon though, I like what I played in the demo and it can be found for $20... I plan on picking it up once I finish my epic backlog.
PM sent on PSN

0 HP

is that the same character designer from legend of mana?

Monique.jpg

amishmofo

Banned
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am a huge fan of Lost Odyssey (Jansen best character ever). I'm wondering if I would enjoy Blue Dragon at all? The kiddy characters kind of make me cautious, but the non-random battle system is a plus. Is it worth picking up?

PhatSaqs

Banned
amishmofo said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am a huge fan of Lost Odyssey (Jansen best character ever). I'm wondering if I would enjoy Blue Dragon at all? The kiddy characters kind of make me cautious, but the non-random battle system is a plus. Is it worth picking up?
It's worth it only if you DL and play on hard mode IMO.

Darkman M

amishmofo said:

Blue Dragon bored me mainly because the characters sucked, on the other hand i loved lost odyssey. The only thing the two games have in common is that they both are turned based thats about it, with IU & Tov coming up so soon i wouldn"t be in a rush to buy it unless you can get it cheap.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
site updated, tons of new screens.

Characters, System and Battle sections were the ones updated. 20 days left.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Loving those sound clips of Faina. :D

Farnack said:
>_> I thought Aya looked cute at first, but after watching the HQ video, I don't really like her face.
She's definitely much cuter in the design sketches... but then everyone is.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I hope they use items from various tri-Ace Universes (Orichalcum, Damask etc). Its always cool seeing these things since they feel as they they've trademarks of their various series.

Jonnyram

BlueTsunami said:
I hope they use items from various tri-Ace Universes (Orichalcum, Damask etc). Its always cool seeing these things since they feel as they they've trademarks of their various series.
Aren't Orichalcum and Damask in every single FF also?

BlueTsunami

Jonnyram said:
Aren't Orichalcum and Damask in every single FF also?

Don't really seem to remember them. Though, in tri-Ace Orichalcum is like one of the best ore you can get in regards to weapon/armor creation.

The reason I bring it up is mainly bcause I'm currently fucking with SO3 and refined some Orichalcum near the beginning of the game. Fayt's attack level is at like 5,000 :lol Makes the game a breeze until the post game dungeons.

Blackjack

BlueTsunami said:
Don't really seem to remember them. Though, in tri-Ace Orichalcum is like one of the best ore you can get in regards to weapon/armor creation.

The reason I bring it up is mainly bcause I'm currently fucking with SO3 and refined some Orichalcum near the beginning of the game. Fayt's attack level is at like 5,000 :lol Makes the game a breeze until the post game dungeons.
Orichalcum (and, for that matter, damask) are hardly unique to the Star Ocean games, dude.

BlueTsunami

Blackjack said:
Orichalcum (and, for that matter, damask) are hardly unique to the Star Ocean games, dude.

I guess what I meant to say was that they play a big part when it comes to making powerful equipment. I don't know, they just seem to play a way bigger role in these games. I'm not saying tri-Ace created these things.

Jijidasu

The update on the website is interesting today.

Some stuff on the in game 'private events'; one case has Aya dressed in a skimpy skirt walking with Capell, she falls over and Capell (I guess) saw up her skirt. Screens show Aya interrogating him :lol

Comrade connect in towns and cities is covered also. Doesn't say much besides you can talk to NPCs and stuff. I think this was in a Famitsu a couple of weeks back anyway.

Autumn Thread said:
The update on the website is interesting today.

Some stuff on the in game 'private events'; one case has Aya dressed in a skimpy skirt walking with Capell, she falls over and Capell (I guess) saw up her skirt. Screens show Aya interrogating him :lol

Comrade connect in towns and cities is covered also. Doesn't say much besides you can talk to NPCs and stuff. I think this was in a Famitsu a couple of weeks back anyway.

where are u looking? japanese site? do u have link?

Akai

cleveridea said:
where are u looking? japanese site? do u have link?

It's under System...Then click the button that looks like:

&#12503;&#12521;&#12452;&#12505;&#12540;&#12488;&#12452;&#12505;&#12531;&#12488;&#12288;(second to last button)

(Edit: Oops, if you want the link to the site itself, it's here...)

Akai said:
It's under System...Then click the button that looks like:

&#12503;&#12521;&#12452;&#12505;&#12540;&#12488;&#12452;&#12505;&#12531;&#12488;&#12288;(second to last button)

(Edit: Oops, if you want the link to the site itself, it's here...)

Ah thanks. I didn't even know you could click on those strange symbols :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
amishmofo said:
epic soundtrack confirmed?
Sounds like it! I just heard that sample for the first time and am very impressed. Sakuraba always does such amazing work on Tri-Ace games but basically falls down when working for anyone else. Why is that?!

In all honesty, the music quality and my love for Tri-Ace may push me to buy this game before Tales of Vesperia (though I'll eventually play both). I can't very well do two RPGs at the same time and this one seems a bit different. I suppose we'll see.

I must admit that I'm still concerned about the graphics performance. Yeah, I know, it's an RPG, but the framerate in battle seemed really bad in many of the trailers. That isn't normal for a Tri-Ace game (which usually delivers 60 fps).

Akai

dark10x said:
Sounds like it! I just heard that sample for the first time and am very impressed. Sakuraba always does such amazing work on Tri-Ace games but basically falls down when working for anyone else. Why is that?!

I can see how some people wouldn't like his Tales works (I do), but also his Camelot soundtracks? How can you hate on Golden Sun's music!? >=|

KTallguy

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
There is just something about the ingame faces that looks off

It's weird, very anime-pop faces on sort of realistic bodies.
Hoping that the game plays well.

EDIT: On second thought, it's not anime-pop... how can I put it. It reminds me of an anime-influenced European style? Can't put my finger on it.

grandjedi6 said:
There is just something about the ingame faces that looks off
What not japanese enough for you? They look pretty damn good to me. It's nice to see fleshed human faces with actual red in them for a change in a jrpg. It looks a bit better when they are talking with emotion and stuff. The whole character design gives off a european look. Their chubby cherub faces and clothes. Like Sweden or Hungary and Belgium...something like that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Akai said:
I can see how some people wouldn't like his Tales works (I do), but also his Camelot soundtracks? How can you hate on Golden Sun's music!? >=|
Well, Shining Force III had a great soundtrack, but Golden Sun was held back by the GBA itself (which produced awful sound - much worse than the SNES).

I suppose some of his non-Tri-Ace works are decent enough, but really, they seem to be on a completely different level. His soundtracks for Tri-Ace are always so powerful and full of memorable themes.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Revelations said:
What not japanese enough for you? They look pretty damn good to me. It's nice to see fleshed human faces with actual red in them for a change in a jrpg. It looks a bit better when they are talking with emotion and stuff. The whole character design gives off a european look. Their chubby cherub faces and clothes. Like Sweden or Hungary and Belgium...something like that.

Swing and a miss with your assumption there. No its not because its "not japanese enough" nor is it the blush in the cheeks. Instead its something else. Perhaps the eyes? I've noticed the characters with colored eyes tend to look more off-putting.

Either way I don't think its major problem, I might even grow to like the character style. I do think the websites picked some crappy pictures for the characters though.

Top Bottom