• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NINJA BLADE (X360) announced [TGS gameplay videos up]

Mohonky

goldenpp72 said:
looks like an artistically superior ninja gaiden.. hopefully this is otogi quality versus.. tenchu Z quality.

I absolutely loved Otogi, they were two of the best games on the Xbox and were visually superb. I have really high hopes for this one.

CAVE343

The teaser is well, a teaser. But I like the setting with the super skyscraper. Doesn't matter if it's like NG, can't get enough off super ninja's :)

GrayFoxPL

kpop100 said:
Not a RPG player I take it? :D

Not really. I try some but they take too much time. Only FF7 made me finish the game twice having over 100h of fun. But was a teen back then with lots of spare time :p. Now I'm more of a 10 hour game guy.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
1733_0001.jpg

1733_0002.jpg

1733_0003.jpg

1733_0004.jpg

1733_0005.jpg

1733_0006.jpg

Brofist

Paracelsus said:
As if that'd change his life a lot.

Well it would change the amount of dust on his 360 anyway.

GrayFoxPL said:
Not really. I try some but they take too much time. Only FF7 made me finish the game twice having over 100h of fun. But was a teen back then with lots of spare time :p. Now I'm more of a 10 hour game guy.

Yeah I hear that, I'm all about 10 hours and bring on the next one as well.

MMaRsu

Banned
a.wd said:
?????

(neutral) Defuser
Mouthbreathing pedo
(Today, 09:50 AM)
Reply | Quote

aaaah

:D :D :D

Otogi 1 and 2 say hi...

Otogi 1 and 2 were great, but the tenchu games have sucked ass lately.

-edit-

are those ingame screens Blim?

kay

jj984jj said:
I guess you missed the part where I said they weren't Microsoft projects too? This is a first-party funded and published project, those weren't.

Wow, can't wait! :D
Um, I didn't say anything other than they were published by MS so I don't know why you are trying to bring up developers and such.

kay

Logo for the sequel!!
w1tz60.jpg

The bottom screens are definitely real time.. no shadows and you can easily see the textures.

duckroll

The Xbox page for Ninja Blade goes on to confirm the following:

- The game is based on real locations throughout Tokyo including the Shinjuku Skyscrapers, Tokyo Tower, and Roppongi Hills.

- The game will use the full spec of the Xbox360 to recreate the famous landmarks to be as close to reality as possible.

- You can use your superhuman ninja skills to dive from skyscrapers, make giant leaps, etc.

- Using a variety of weapons you can take down armies of monsters one after another.

- The cinematic action nature of the game aims to create action sequences that are comparable to a Hollywood movie, while seamlessly branching between gameplay and cinematics.

bloke

Well, well....when you least expecting it...:D

But I must say I'm disappointed in game's art direction; it does look like generic NG clone I'm afraid, too bad Otogi designer(s) probably left From long time ago...I doubt gameplay will be same as NG though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kay said:
Um, I didn't say anything other than they were published by MS so I don't know why you are trying to bring up developers and such.
I'm only pointing out that there is no correlation between those projects and this. You seemed to imply that there was, there is nothing odd about this game just because MS picked up Vampire Rain and Tenchu Z after they were finished and released in Japan.

Raide

If this game is Ninja Gaiden + Crackdown (Bouncing around buildings etc) then it will be an Instant Buy for me!

kay

jj984jj said:
I'm only pointing out that there is no correlation between those projects and this. You seemed to imply that there was, there is nothing odd about this game just because MS picked them up after they were finished and released in Japan.
The only correlation I mentioned is they were both published my MS, nothing about quality, developers, etc. That's all I said. Whether you find it coincidental, meaningful, stupid, I don't really care at this point.

Is this an Unreal3 Engine game by any chance? You could have told me this was an addon for Dark Sector and I would have believed you.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kay said:
The only correlation I mentioned is they were both published my MS, nothing about quality, developers, etc. That's all I said. Whether you find it coincidental, meaningful, stupid, I don't really care at this point.
I want to know what's so odd though.

a.wd

MMaRsu said:
Otogi 1 and 2 were great, but the tenchu games have sucked ass lately.

-edit-

are those ingame screens Blim?

Chromehounds was the shiz nizzle though, and Tenchu Z was more stealthy sneak em up.

I want them to go bck to smashing people through buildings trees and various historical artifacts. and other people.

And then punching whats left. :lol :lol :lol

PuppetMaster said:
Is this an Unreal3 Engine game by any chance? You could have told me this was an addon for Dark Sector and I would have believed you.
Yeah cuz Dark Sector featured fast action... right?

Ilparazzo

a.wd said:
Chromehounds was the shiz nizzle though, and Tenchu Z was more stealthy sneak em up.

I want them to go bck to smashing people through buildings trees and various historical artifacts. and other people.

And then punching whats left. :lol :lol :lol

Is that really what a ninja should do, I wonder?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
After the wonderful character designs in Otogi 1 and 2 I expected better than Ninja Zorro from this. I'm not thrilled about the monster designs either. The gameplay sounds promising at least.

God I want to see some gameplay footage, NOW

How insanely awesome would it be if it had some awesome Crackdown/Assassin's elements like the free roaming and scaling buildings :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I was kinda hoping this wouldn't be a Ninja Gaiden clone, but it's looking more and more like one. *yawn*

Woz

The Faceless Master said:
i meant Bladen.

everyone knows how the other one is pronounced.

I was was thinking at the assonance between a mispronounced Gaiden and Bladen... so your you joke was only an "N" at the end? My fault.

Top Bottom