• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 announced for PS4 in 2015

boingball

Day 1.

No LE though since NIS makes me use their european store with their ridiculous prices with still high shipping costs to the other side of the world.

cj_iwakura

This was confirmed as the cast, too:

bs5iuxwcmaakindpxkfj.jpg

Stuart444

Wouldn't be surprised if it is Laharl, isn't he the most popular Disgaea character in Japan?

For a minute, I thought the guy to the left of him in that image was Mao from D3 though lol.

Jeels

I am digging the cast art. May pick this up depending on how it looks and if they streamline it at all for "casuals". I have been unable to beat every Disgaea game I play

Shahadan

I've been toying with the idea to get Disgaea 4 on Vita recently...Is it worth it? Last Disgaea I played was the first one a long time ago.

Zephyx

Wait... I haven't bought D4 for Vita yet!

Good news for those who already have a PS4. I really need to get one soon.

It's pleasing that the otaku ghetto isn't afraid of jumping into PS4 development compared to the bigger pubs.

I do wonder how much selling potential Disgaea has left in Japan.

But regardless, I don't care. I'm looking forward to it!

Foffy

Banned
It's pleasing that the otaku ghetto isn't afraid of jumping into PS4 development compared to the bigger pubs.

Doesn't the series do decently there, or has it become a strange case ala Castlevania where all of the money is made internationally yet gets released locally because the company is founded there?

zeromcd73

Doesn't the series do decently there, or has it become a strange case ala Castlevania where all of the money is made internationally yet gets released locally because the company is founded there?

[PS3] Disgaea 4 - 129,031
[PS3] Disgaea 3 - 93,227

The two Vita games are just ports and did 54k and 49k.

Yeah, hopefully Gust announces something next for PS4, they had an impressive run on PS3 and kept getting better at HD development.

Foffy

Banned
[PS3] Disgaea 4 - 129,031
[PS3] Disgaea 3 - 93,227

The two Vita games are just ports and did 54k and 49k.

I honestly have no idea if those are good numbers considering the low-scale technical costs the games consistently have.

And are those local or international numbers? Regardless of what it is, how did they fare elsewhere?

I honestly have no idea if those are good numbers considering the low-scale technical costs the games consistently have.

And are those local or international numbers? Regardless of what it is, how did they fare elsewhere?

They're very good considering how small Nippon Ichi is. They've been trying to make other games that can reach up to Disgaea's level, but haven't been able to do so yet. If they could ever get that Asagi game going it could have a chance. But it seems to be forever cursed.

Maebe

Apparently they want to appeal to a wider audience base with this title, so maybe they are aiming beyond otaku as well.

AniHawk

kinda wonder if d5 will act as a disgaea generations title. like there's a dude that could be an older mao, someone that looks like an older laharl, and someone that could maybe be artina. maybe the red dude is meant to be champloo. i haven't played d3 in a long time though.

Top Bottom