• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugBasket

Banned
EazyB said:
KyleJ
Juices
Dax
Sai Kun
KevinRo
xxsixsubset
cjelly

I don't like any of you. If I could I would give you a swirly, a wedgie, and stuff you in a locker after circulating viscous rumors about each one of you.
the most important part of any list is the numbers
this way you let people know that you're wrong

Ramirez

JdFoX187 said:
That's where you are mistaken. :lol

However, I owe you a drink for this post of awesomeness.

You act as if you add something worthwhile to this thread, you complain about someone or something stupid then exit out for months then grace us with your presence from time to time to tell us how much better X game is than Halo. :lol

Not that I give a shit that you do behave this way, it's just funny to see you run to that argument like you're not adding to the shit heap from time to time.

There's a reason morons get singled out and made fun of a lot, it's not like the people that get it don't have it coming to them.

Sibylus

Banned
godhandiscen said:
No I don't see it. I am just hoping he comes back because I forgot the name of that artist he introduced me to, and I want to hear more about her (also too lazy to look for the page).

He has good taste on music and on women.
Hint: Mormonz

SpudBud said:
Any HaloGAF drama? Wait, Let me go grab my popcorn.

Ghostbusters.gif

HugBasket

Banned
seriously though, the only person who really deserves any dislike is max_pl. he came in hear spoutin' his mouth and just being a general dick.

now these other guys, juices, dax, have atleast tried to be a nice part of the community. if we need elitist halo gaf to exist the mods might as well lock this thread.

SpudBud

Wait, I have a crazy idea!

We turn HaloGAF into a representative government!

Every sub-group within the larger group that is HaloGAF will elect an representative!

That representative will meet with the other representatives and vote on important issues such as BR vs AR,MLG, and playlist changes!

Hell I'll even buy us little piece of land and build us our own little congress where we can meet every 6 months to hammer out these important issues!

Who's with me!

HugBasket

Banned
SpudBud said:
Wait, I have a crazy idea!

We turn HaloGAF into a representative government!

Every sub-group within the larger group that is HaloGAF will elect an representative!

That representative will meet with the other representatives and vote on important issues such as BR vs AR,MLG, and playlist changes!

Hell I'll even buy us little piece of land and build us our own little congress where we can meet every 6 months to hammer out these important issues!

Who's with me!
Every rep should have a neckbeard.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
SpudBud said:
i get it

Falagard

Storytime:

Big Team Multi-Flag CTF

53072491-Medium.jpg

I'm driving the 'Hog and Dirtbag is on the Turret as our entire team attacks the enemy Elephant to grab the flag. Dirtbag and I are going to try to provide cover.

53072492-Medium (1).jpg

Unfortunately, waiting for us around the corner is an enemy with a missile pod who we don't see until it's almost too late.

53072493-Medium.jpg

As he's blasting us I try to get behind the sand dune to dodge his missiles

53072513-Medium.jpg

At the same time a laser blast crosses the sky...

53072512-Medium (1).jpg

... as txlonghornie just misses the missile pod carrier.

53072536-Medium.jpg

We get some air off the sand dune as missiles fly just past us. In mid-air, Dirtbag tears him apart with the turret.

53072551-Medium.jpg

Whew that was close.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Cocopjojo said:
Lol.

And I sort of resemble my avatar, right? I mean, I'm a white male of average height with brown hair. Haha.

Yup, no surprise to me when I saw you shooting laser from your blue watermelon forearm
oh wait :p

Merguson said:
Say, that's a nice avatar you have.

Too late.

Sai-kun

Banned
EazyB said:
KyleJ
Juices
Dax
Sai Kun
KevinRo
xxsixsubset
cjelly

I don't like any of you. If I could I would give you a swirly, a wedgie, and stuff you in a locker after circulating viscous rumors about each one of you.

jhe;lfj;oij;LQKWnnjlNLnlkcnlajniue

:(

*tear*

Halogaf? More like....Lovegaf.
:D

GhaleonEB

Falagard <3

I'll post the tale of my daring flag extraction assist tonight. And by assist, I mean running over my team mate while he went for the flag, crushing him up against a wall.

Blueblur1

Hmm... this thread isn't very friendly and hasn't been for a long time. Some of you act like immature teenagers with the way you berate others. And some people take everything that is posted here too seriously.

If anything, I might take something that Ghaleon or Cocop said seriously because I've met them in real life and I respect them. Hell, I still might not if I choose to but that doesn't mean I should attack them in posts. We should all be respectful of each other and our opinions. If you disagree with someone, say so in a post providing your argument. If you can't learn to get along, use the ignore feature. That's why it is there.

Hey, I didn't like everyone I met at PAX. But you don't see me singling out any of those guys for any particular reason. Everyone's different, I respect that and if we want to continue to grow our mini-community we have here we shouldn't be harassing newcomers or anyone for that matter.

I normally wouldn't post this but enough is enough.

GhaleonEB

I try not to say anything that I wouldn't feel comfortable saying in person.

Basically, I don't make the internet personal. It's fun and games. Literally.

I'm not a big Dax fan, but he is a Halo fan and from what I can tell a nice guy to boot. Can he be annoying? Yup. So what? No reason to trash talk him when he can't even respond.

Blueblur1

He's a really nice guy. He's never really taken anything negative said about him seriously and is friendly to everyone anyway. There's no need to be belligerent.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok sorry to interrupt the drama here ladies but I have an important question, please read and inform me if you can.

I've been playing Halo 3 legendary c-op (2p) lately and even though it's a blast, there's this save issue I can't wrap my head around. We quit in the middle of Tsavo Highway and when we want to continue, there isn't any checkpoint to continue from, only the pre-set rally points. So we continue from one of those and finish the mission. Note: obviously, we played up until that rally point. Now when we finish there is no completed icon in the menu :(. Conclusion: you have to beat a mission in one sitting for it to count towards your completion. It's so annoying, right now we'd already have to replay Tsavo, Ark and Covenant, all the longest missions. Is this assumption right or am I missing something? Because the 'resume' feature only seems to work in solo games.

halp

Darunia said:
Ok sorry to interrupt the drama here ladies but I have an important question, please read and inform me if you can.

I've been playing Halo 3 legendary c-op (2p) lately and even though it's a blast, there's this save issue I can't wrap my head around. We quit in the middle of Tsavo Highway and when we want to continue, we don't have any checkpoint to continue from, only the pre-set rally points. So we continue from one of those and finish the mission. Note: obviously, we played up until that rally point. Now when we finish there is no completed icon in the menu :(. Conclusion: you have to beat a mission in one sitting for it to count towards your completion. It's so annoying, right now we'd already have to replay Tsavo, Ark and Covent, all the longest missions. Is this assumption right or am I missing something? Because the 'resume' feature only seems to work in solo games.

halp

Don't think you can resume Checkpoints on Co-op games? I had to redo a level with my brother because we saved and quit and couldn't restart

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
MiloFoxburr said:
Don't think you can resume Checkpoints on Co-op games? I had to redo a level with my brother because we saved and quit and couldn't restart

that is seriously like the lamest shit ever. Some of these missions are hour long epics, isn't it obvious to assume that people won't complete these in one sitting?

Darunia said:
that is seriously like the lamest shit ever. Some of these missions are hour long epics, isn't it obvious to assume that people won't complete these in one sitting?

I never stopped playing Halo 3 mid level (Bar one time) The longest level I had was the Covenant which took 1hr 37mins on Legendary with my brother. They don't take all that long to do but yeah it's kinda lame.

TDG

Banned
Oh, look at everybody standing up for what's "right." Oh, this is so goddamn touching.
Darunia said:
Yeah, most of the levels can be completed pretty quickly, but some levels like Tsavo Highway and The Ark and The Covenant can be a marathon, it would've been great to have been able to save your progress, so you and that same friend can jump right back in later.

LukeSmith

Blueblur1 said:
Hey, I didn't like everyone I met at PAX. But you don't see me singling out any of those guys for any particular reason. Everyone's different, I respect that and if we want to continue to grow our mini-community we have here we shouldn't be harassing newcomers or anyone for that matter.

ur just mad that i whooped u at teh haloz

fin

Jesus, I was gone for a weekend and this happened again!!!

When people try to criticize Bungie they get sprayed by a feces cannon with a volume-flow-rate equivalant of draining the resevoir of the hoover dam. Then when Luke or Shiska post they get quoted over and over immediatly after, lovingly. Bungie has been great to their fans, the free map on Bungie day was nice treat, and they probably had to work for that price tag too, it isn't easy being free.

That being said...

Bungie are still SO cryptic and secretive about the most mundane things like matchmaking content and DLC maps. It's such a crock of marketing-bullshit, it makes me sick. Sept 25 is 10 days away, and they still haven't shown their hand. We only know of ONE map. To be fair, it's probably not Bungie's call when to announce the new content. MS probably wants to make it a surprise, throwing it out for an impulse buy.

LukeSmith said:
No one is going to post their job description (what you're doing here, is trying to get Shishka to post what he's working on, so that you can keep tabs on him lol), Shishka doesn't need to update you on what he's been working on for the last week - despite your deluded sense of self, he doesn't answer to you.

And your contribution to society is what? :D

Why shouldn't we bitch? Are we here to just say thank you? Shiska is employed by Bungie, but is doing it for the kids, dooooing it... doing it for the kids. From what I remember, in a BWU, it's Juices passion that drives Bungie...Right? We're bitching because we like your game. I really don't have much to bitch about, unless he removes Team Slayer. Plus, Shishka added some extra variety into Team Objective. <3 U. I just want more and to know. What goes into a match-making update? How are they listening to the fans, like what do they do? Are there results of the numerous iterations of the Banhammer? (I'm never going to stop asking about that...:D ) What are the stats for veto'd maps? Why are there zero BR's on HC Snowbound? It's so hard for you guys to be straight-up about some things, unless it's blaming MS for anything negative. No one gives Bungie shit about anything. Which is such a rareity on GAF.

EazyB: if you get the ion drum set, send me a PM.

Sai-kun

Banned
TDG said:
Oh, look at everybody standing up for what's "right." Oh, this is so goddamn touching.

Yeah, most of the levels can be completed pretty quickly, but some levels like Tsavo Highway and The Ark and The Covenant can be a marathon, it would've been great to have been able to save your progress, so you and that same friend can jump right back in later.

calvin107.jpg

<3

LukeSmith

fin said:
Why shouldn't we bitch? Are we here to just say thank you? Shiska is employed by Bungie, but is doing it for the kids, dooooing it... doing it for the kids. From what I remember, in a BWU, it's Juices passion that drives Bungie...Right? We're bitching because we like your game. I really don't have much to bitch about, unless he removes Team Slayer. Plus, Shishka added some extra variety into Team Objective. <3 U. I just want more and to know. What goes into a match-making update? How are they listening to the fans, like what do they do? Are there results of the numerous iterations of the Banhammer? (I'm never going to stop asking about that...:D ) What are the stats for veto'd maps? Why are there zero BR's on HC Snowbound? It's so hard for you guys to be straight-up about some things, unless it's blaming MS for anything negative. No one gives Bungie shit about anything. Which is such a rareity on GAF.

It's a competitive industry and we're not explaining every little thing we do. Cops gonna come and try and snatch our props

kylej

Banned
EazyB said:
KyleJ
Juices
Dax
Sai Kun
KevinRo
xxsixsubset
cjelly

woot

LukeSmith said:
It's a competitive industry and we're not explaining every little thing we do. Cops gonna come and try and snatch our props

Yeah if you guys lead by example and give your players lots of information and some more transparency, maybe other people around the industry would follow. That would be bad.

edit. I really just wanted to post this gif because it's awesome
49206lance.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
LukeSmith said:

Don't you owe it to fans to explain every little detail of your professional lives? And personal? We need to know what you had for breakfast! It might clue us in on the next bungle project!

Sai-kun

Banned
People didn't bitch this much when Frankie was teasing shit about Halo 3 pre-release. Especially on weeks when we didn't get crap. >_>

Luke could do this for a few weeks and it would pretty much be fine:

News: There is no news! Go home!

But instead, he actually writes up [or do you have someone to type it for you, Luke? :D ] SOMETHING to keep us mildly calm [which actually infuriates us more].

TBH, no one at Bungie owes us anything. Not a podcast, not a weekly update, no Bungie Publications, but they do it for the fans.

I'm also sick of pages and pages of QQing because Luke isn't putting out weekly podcasts and revealing a new map every friday night.

49206lance.gif

wtf is this?

Azar

People seem to have different expectations for Bungie than they do for other developers. Not many people constantly bitch and moan that we don't know dick about God of War or the new Zelda.

I guess it's the give-em-an-inch scenario: they interact with us more than most studios chat with their fans (as evidenced by Luke in this very thread), but that doesn't mean they're going to give away everything.

Stupid expectations are stupid.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sai-kun said:
People didn't bitch this much when Frankie was teasing shit about Halo 3 pre-release. Especially on weeks when we didn't get crap. >_>

Luke could do this for a few weeks and it would pretty much be fine:

News: There is no news! Go home!

But instead, he actually writes up [or do you have someone to type it for you, Luke? :D ] SOMETHING to keep us mildly calm [which actually infuriates us more].

TBH, no one at Bungie owes us anything. Not a podcast, not a weekly update, no Bungie Publications, but they do it for the fans.

I'm also sick of pages and pages of QQing because Luke isn't putting out weekly podcasts and revealing a new map every friday night.

49206lance.gif

wtf is this?

Haven't they been generous enough? I'm surprised they revealed Assembly, especially with no definitive release window for it, I think it was kick ass of them to show us it so soon.

Compared to my other favourite devco's, NipponIchi and Nintendo, these guys are constantly interacting with the fans, giving out a shitton of content and more.

I just don't understand the mindset of people bitching at them, seriously, spoilt brat syndrome.

Man, it seems like halogaf is going to have its own revolutionary war or something, quick everyone to your xbox's, it's time to end this with a classic old Halo 2 style game of 7 day war. Now everyone fight!!!

for those of you who don't know what 7 day war is, its Halo 2 swat, with 16 people, on lockout and it lasts for 7 days

TDG

Banned
I was trying to find that old update that was all about fusion coils (I don't even remember why) and I found these beauties:

MisterZidaned.gif

And check out this:
And finally, here’s an artist’s impression of the MP map I have been dreaming about. And see if you can spot Mister Chief.

My rendition is missing a turret – because they is hard to draw.

misterHGmap.jpg
Look familiar? That's from an update in late 2006.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:
Haven't they been generous enough? I'm surprised they revealed Assembly, especially with no definitive release window for it, I think it was kick ass of them to show us it so soon.

Compared to my other favourite devco's, NipponIchi and Nintendo, these guys are constantly interacting with the fans, giving out a shitton of content and more.

I just don't understand the mindset of people bitching at them, seriously, spoilt brat syndrome.

I originally quoted you because I thought you were bitching as well, then I learned how to read english again and :lol 'd.

And yes, they have been damn generous. I think it's generous of them to tease anything new at all, much less show it. Not many other developers would even let us know that new stuff is coming, or what it is. I enjoy seeing new information on b.net, but I also enjoy reading about Bungie shenanigans like the golf outing.

A lot of us here seem to forget that although Lukems and Shishka [sometimes] come here and say hi and talk to us, we don't mean shit in the big scheme of things. Maybe our opinions mean a little bit more, but who's to say? And just because 2 or 3 people here are sniper addicts, doesn't mean there needs to be a Snipers playlist, because I hate snipers! And what I want means so much more than what you want! Spartan Lasers-only playlist ftw! MAKE IT HAPPEN.

*cough*

~_~

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
TDG said:
Look familiar? That's from an update in late 2006.

misterHGmap.jpg

It does look familar.... only just though. And by just, I mean not really, at all.

Sai-kun said:
I originally quoted you because I thought you were bitching as well, then I learned how to read english again and :lol 'd.

Peace, dude. =)

Sai-kun said:
And just because 2 or 3 people here are sniper addicts, doesn't mean there needs to be a Snipers playlist, because I hate snipers!

I have to disagree with you on that, if I can remember, snipers in H2 was pretty popular, sure its great to have it double xp, I missed the last one :(. but it just seems like it would be a good idea to have it as a separate stand alone playlist. I personally love the sniper rifle since the days of Halo 1. Just from recent experience and people's complaints and threads in a lot forums and such I've noticed quite a bit of people want snipers. I could be wrong also but if they add it and nobody plays it, the worst that can happen is take it down.

Sai-kun

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
I have to disagree with you on that, if I can remember, snipers in H2 was pretty popular, sure its great to have it double xp, I missed the last one :(. but it just seems like it would be a good idea to have it as a separate stand alone playlist. I personally love the sniper rifle since the days of Halo 1. Just from recent experience and people's complaints and threads in a lot forums and such I've noticed quite a bit of people want snipers. I could be wrong also but if they add it and nobody plays it, the worst that can happen is take it down.

That's true, but I mean, what I was trying to say is that one or two comments on here about snipers do not illicit an immediate response from Shishka of "OMG IM ON IT MANG"

Halo Gaf has "Top Men" working on halo info, I would like to think we would know before the Gametrailers forums lol but hey maybe not.

Edit: Also the mister chief drawing has to be High Ground :D

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LukeSmith said:

Maybe stop by the webcam for a few seconds each morning, just so we know you arrived at the office safely. At least then we won't have to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom