• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Yup. You know sometimes a game gets a blow out and a date wayyy in advance and I think meh why tell me so early, I'll be over this game when it comes out why not tell me close to release. But then publishers actually do that and it becomes an agonising wait!

I have a feeling we'll be hearing something before the end of the month.

Can't wait for PC loading times. Haven't played much in a while, but the online loading times now are fucking atrocious. Even worse than when it first launched.

MadOnion

Neo Member
Yesterday Russian retailer 1C-Interes (retail stores of 1C-Softclub who represent all major publishers in post-Soviet states and in close relations with Take-Two) opened pre-orders for GTA V on a new platforms.

Release date is set to November 2014.
And the prices noticeably increased from past-gen versions — GTA V cost us $70 last year.

PS4 ~$85
XBO ~$85
PC ~$40

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yesterday Russian retailer 1C-Interes (retail stores of 1C-Softclub who represent all major publishers in post-Soviet states and in close relations with Take-Two) opened pre-orders for GTA V on a new platforms.

And the prices noticeably increased from past-gen versions — GTA V cost us $70 last year.

PS4 ~$85
XBO ~$85
PC ~$40

Hopefully this is a sign that R* will soon flick the pre-order switch on Steam.

JohnGrimm

PS4 ~$85
XBO ~$85
PC ~$40
Most pirated game of 2014 confirmed. Eat your heart out Watch_Dogs.

AmyS

I'm gonna guess mid-late November right around the 1 year anniversary of PS4 / X1 launches, and Rockstar is gonna get in on all the Black Friday / Christmas spending,

kudoboi

AFAIK the PC copy is lower because that is standard in russia. most PC games cost lower there to discourage piracy

eg:

ZvZaWIS.png

edit: was meant to quote JohnGrimm but he edited it out

Catdaddy

I must say, as nice as it may be I hope they don't go overboard with traffic. I have way to much fun zipping around the city, if they add in all the traffic from the trailer and it'll be just like my daily commute..

Gangxxter

I must say, as nice as it may be I hope they don't go overboard with traffic. I have way to much fun zipping around the city, if they add in all the traffic from the trailer and it'll be just like my daily commute..
I'm pretty sure they'll include a traffic density slider in the game options, just like it was the case in GTA IV PC.

OG Kush

It'll only be in certain areas. Dont think ur gna out in the desert with dozens of cars around you..

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So this game is still coming in Fall? Fall starts from September right? so that's like a week away from now. I don't think Rockstar has ever announced a released date 1-2 month prior to the game launch. I would say chances of this game coming out this year or before December are very slim.

So this game is still coming in Fall? Fall starts from September right? so that's like a week away from now. I don't think Rockstar has ever announced a released date 1-2 month prior to the game launch. I would say chances of this game coming out this year or before December are very slim.
Sept 22nd.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Nah. It's a remaster, not a new game. Same "rules" don't apply.

People thought for certain TLoU wasn't coming out until fall because of lack of anything new after the announcement. Wasn't the case obviously.

Simo

I hate to bump with no concrete news and some of may of seen this already but I stopped in my GameStop store today and they received a shipment for a bunch of promotional stuff for GTAV including standees and cardboard box displays.

All the displays still list "Fall 2014" as the release and when I asked the clerk about it he said their system just has a temp release listed.

slash3584

I hate to bump with no concrete news and some of may of seen this already but I stopped in my GameStop store today and they received a shipment for a bunch of promotional stuff for GTAV including standees and cardboard box displays.

All the displays still list "Fall 2014" as the release and when I asked the clerk about it he said their system just has a temp release listed.

Don't know if these are good or bad news.

If they're getting promotional stuff it may be because it's close to release right?

Hip Hop

Ow man... modders haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYLbA86F4Ig

Can't wait for what they do in GTA V.

--
On a more serious note: modders are remaking Watch Dogs in GTA IV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSNZyTJoYgU

I just want the cops off permenatnly tbh. It's one of the main reasons for why I'm getting the PC version, hope there is a mod for that day one. They are so pesky. Can't even stand close to a pedestrian or they call the cops on you.

Sounds good to me. But then again Gamestop did give out promotional posters with "Spring 2013" on it. lol

Simo

Don't know if these are good or bad news.

If they're getting promotional stuff it may be because it's close to release right?

Well if anything it still proves it's on track for this Fall.

Hopefully my GS store just didn't get their stuff late and other stores have had these for a while...

Nzyme32

Amount of Rockstar people testing GTA V on Steam.

2 people playing at peak doesn't mean anything. The game may have been ready to go for a long time so needs very little testing at all or all work isn't being logged there for now. Also the number changes taking place over the last month are meaningless too, it happens to countless games all the time and isn't indicative of anything.

Basically since it was put on Steam and the store entry was made, there actually has been no meaningful activity, and from that very little can be dicerned.

Top Bottom