• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Liamc723

So Gamescom is pretty much done now and we still don't have a release date, anyone else starting to worry this wont release this year?

Dabanton

So Gamescom is pretty much done now and we still don't have a release date, anyone else starting to worry this wont release this year?

R* have never really needed conferences to announce. Wouldn't surprise me if once Gamescom is over they'll drop a release date next week or something.

As for the game I'm expecting a completely revamped experience much more interaction and a more vibrant world which considering just how amazing GTAV is on PS360 is crazy to think about.

I mean they have added cats to the game. (I want to see various dogs on the streets as well) How about wild packs of dogs in dodgy outskirts of the city?

With the statement made yesterday about how they want to blow everybody away by this game, I'd guarantee a delay.

Best case scenario, Fall 2014 means December 16, 2014, the last Tuesday of fall.
Worst case scenario, the game gets bumped well into 2015.

Kezen

Banned
If it's anything like GTA IV, it's going to take some serious hardware to not make it an inconsistent experience on PC.

I don't think there is anything to worry about. The engine has been optimized since then, the port is handled by an experienced team (unlike GTA 4).

I'm very optimistic. It will have steep requirements if you want a 60fps at maximum settings as it should but it should be very scalable.

If it's anything like GTA IV, it's going to take some serious hardware to not make it an inconsistent experience on PC.

It's been years since that port (which made R* a whole lotta dough) and Max Payne 3 ran like butter on PC. I don't think R* will screw it up this time. I look forward to people crying that it won't run on 1080p 60fps with ultra settings on their Intel HD 2000.

muzzymate

It's been years since that port (which made R* a whole lotta dough) and Max Payne 3 ran like butter on PC. I don't think R* will screw it up this time. I look forward to people crying that it won't run on 1080p 60fps with ultra settings on their Intel HD 2000.

Any hope for us with HD3000s? :)

BigDug13

No need to exaggerate. This game won't run at 1080p 60fps on my 7970m GPU either. Will probably need to use a third party program to lock framerate to 30 or else drop resolution down to 720p (60" TV is monitor so HDTV resolution choices are required for me.)

No need to exaggerate. This game won't run at 1080p 60fps on my 7970m GPU either. Will probably need to use a third party program to lock framerate to 30 or else drop resolution down to 720p (60" TV is monitor so HDTV resolution choices are required for me.)

That's prob because it's a mobile gpu. You prob still won't need to drop the resolution, just compromise with graphic settings a bit.

MaxiLive

gamescom over no news

ive lost all hope for a 2014 release. unless rockstar announces release dates out of the blue ?

They usually do. Rockstar don't tend to do gameshows as they have zero need to as they get all the coverage they need with a countdown timer on their website linking to a new trailer. Maybe expect that trailer mid September if they are going for a late October-November release.

Krakn3Dfx

Still no date on release? We're quickly approaching Fall here.
ibn4L2A4p6d6km.gif

BigDug13

That's prob because it's a mobile gpu. You prob still won't need to drop the resolution, just compromise with graphic settings a bit.

Maybe. Saints Row IV 1080p runs at 18 FPS in some spots on my system. Unless I lock it to 30fps, I get wildly varying framerates from 60 to 18 and back so that the game feels fast then slow then fast then slow. It's too inconsistent of an experience to be fun and AMD doesn't have "lock to 30" in its tools and requires a third party program to accomplish. It makes open world games a bit of a pain to tweak on my system.

Just saying "buy it on PC for the best experience" doesn't apply to everyone. Especially if it takes heavy settings massaging to get an acceptable experience. If you have the rig, sure. But that's honestly a very small percentage of total PC owners.

Kezen

Banned
Just saying "buy it on PC for the best experience" doesn't apply to everyone
Did anyone say this ? He spoke for himself.

"PC" is loosely defined and used a bit too casually in comparison to consoles I agree.

As for myself I can't wait for 60fps glory. GTA 5's framerate and IQ were really bad on the PS3 version I played. Completely ruined the game for me.

Maybe. Saints Row IV 1080p runs at 18 FPS in some spots on my system. Unless I lock it to 30fps, I get wildly varying framerates from 60 to 18 and back so that the game feels fast then slow then fast then slow. It's too inconsistent of an experience to be fun and AMD doesn't have "lock to 30" in its tools and requires a third party program to accomplish. It makes open world games a bit of a pain to tweak on my system.

Just saying "buy it on PC for the best experience" doesn't apply to everyone. Especially if it takes heavy settings massaging to get an acceptable experience. If you have the rig, sure. But that's honestly a very small percentage of total PC owners.

Yeah, sounds like something is wrong with your laptop. That card shouldn't have that much trouble with Saints Row 4 going off these spiffy benchmarks I'm looking at. Or maybe your pc isn't on high performance mode or something or blah blah that's why I steer clear from "gaming" laptops in the first place.

"Just saying "buy it on PC for the best experience" doesn't apply to everyone."

That's true whether it means they don't have high performance hardware, the game is unoptimized (which happens way less than people complain about it), or their PC has an STI.

BigDug13

Yeah, sounds like something is wrong with your laptop. That card shouldn't have that much trouble with Saints Row 4 going off these spiffy benchmarks I'm looking at. Or maybe your pc isn't on high performance mode or something or blah blah that's why I steer clear from "gaming" laptops in the first place.

"Just saying "buy it on PC for the best experience" doesn't apply to everyone."

That's true whether it means they don't have high performance hardware, the game is unoptimized (which happens way less than people complain about it), or their PC has an STI.

It's in high performance mode, but Sager laptops, Enduro, and AMD cards had some serious and previously unknown issues working together at the time. And there's nothing I can do about it now. $1400 spent to get the 7970m card because it had such great benchmarks at the time, only to find out that my particular combination would never perform at those benchmark levels and would never be able to be fixed.

I guess I'm a bit sour at throwing that kind of money towards a platform that underperformed.

Fedele

Despite knowing Rockstar's track record when it comes to release dates, I don't believe there will be any significant delays this time. It's a remaster and they wouldn't want to miss this holiday season, specially with 2015 looking so packed.

I'm betting mid-November.

Asgaro

The PC version has been in the works since the year 2012. The game will release nearing 2015 to that's around 3 years of development time for the PC version.
(Edit: at least 2012: the references to PC in the PS3 version link to that year. But could be earlier perhaps.)

I think that's fair enough time for a decent PC version. I mean - I hope. :D

It's also quite certain that the PS4/XBOXONE versions are ports from the PC version. They would never be able to build from the ground up a big open world game in the short time the dev kits for PS4/XBOXONE have been available...

(Disclaimer: I'm not singling you out but rather using your post as a springboard for a general point.)

When GTAV Redux has a release date, or R* releases details on what's different between it and GTAV PS360, a new thread will be made and discussion will shift to there. If you find entering this thread on a regular basis disappointing due to the lack of information, then just don't do it -- you won't be missing out of anything noteworthy. On the other hand, if you like to consume as much GTAV discussion as possible, then go right ahead. ;)

Haha, no worries! Any chance to see your beautiful Avi's more often is cool by me. ;P

HereticJ

While were waiting on news, does anyone here have any theories on the Chiliad Mural or blueprint map "go to the docks with $500,000 CASH" mysteries?

Personally, I doubt there's anything beyond what has already been found but nothing truly cemented that as a fact. My guess is the PC release will debunk everything for good.

Mistah

But it won't be as grand theft auto use the culture of crazy old freedom murricah !

They might use some of that stuff for there next game Vice City or something else but it will stay in USA

Top Bottom