• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster: Day of Crisis Official Thread of bears, salmon and marketing DIZASUTAAAA!!!

Great thread, can't wait for it to eventually come out in the US. I honestly doubt that NoA would not release it over here, they're probably holding it until January like last year when Endless Ocean was released in Japan and Europe in 07, but was released in NA in January 08.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks everybody :)

samratty said:
Thread title needs moar "carrying dogs" IMO.
Not enough space left, unless bear and salmon say goodbye :'(

Ganondorf>Link said:
Great thread, can't wait for it to eventually come out in the US. I honestly doubt that NoA would not release it over here, they're probably holding it until January like last year when Endless Ocean was released in Japan and Europe in 07, but was released in NA in January 08.
I'm pretty sure it will be released in NA. It was announced at E3, and there's no reason why they shouldn't release a Hollywoodesque action flick-wannabe in the US (if marketed right, it could be its biggest market after all).

Zihark

Wow Jocchan, thats some nice banners. Love how you did the features in same font as Disaster. The special trailer is just awesome- that music needs to be in the game. NOA needs to release the game this year, but I think it'll be another EO.:(

Bizzyb

Banned
Something tells me I'll be getting this game.

Also, $5 says Nintendo ends up announcing a NA release @ their October event

_PM

Holy shit the Special Movie is awesome!

I'm so interested in this game. Unfortunately, I feel like it's going to get bad scores or nobody is going to care about it...

Great OP and thread Jocchan!

ivysaur12

Banned
That special movie is really kick-ass. The game will probably be a hodgepodge of poorly put together mechanics, but dammit, I'm gonna support MonolithSoft

batbeg

Phife Dawg said:
Not only von der Leyen, but yeah not very pretty, it's even worse on DS boxes though. Then again von der Leyen and her posse did things far worse than bigger stickers.

As for the replayability, apart from the New Game+ the levels are also score based (at least that's what it looked like in one of the screens).

Sold!

Boerseun said:
Doshin_the_Giant_Box_Front.gif

Doshin_the_Giant_Box_Back.gif

Man, I love this game!!

Terrible example, with emphasis on "terrible".

Even though I'm not in America, hasn't there been a bunch of disasters there like hurricanes and whatnot? That's probably the reason they're delaying it there.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
OP updated with the new movies posted by Shiggy, bigger boxarts and links to official sites.

ivysaur12

Banned
JCX9 said:
I'm happy that this is coming out
so they can start on Baten Kaitos 3
!

It's never happening. Ever.

;_;

EDIT: Just watched the videos on the main site. I'm a little wary of how the cursor moves in the shooting sections, but nothing else looks that offensive.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Eyemus Lutt said:
Even though I'm not in America, hasn't there been a bunch of disasters there like hurricanes and whatnot? That's probably the reason they're delaying it there.
We only had one really bad hurricane and the American public is pretty much desensitized to hurricanes at this point. Plus that happened too recently to account for this "delay". It would take a school shooting or a 9-11 like event (or anything else that would captivate the media longer than its typical 5 seconds) to really delay something.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
grandjedi6 said:
We only had one really bad hurricane and the American public is pretty much desensitized to hurricanes at this point. Plus that happened too recently to account for this "delay". It would take a school shooting or a 9-11 like event (or anything else that would captivate the media longer than its typical 5 seconds) to really delay something.

Do you really believe that would stop the media from crying against a game like this if it ever comes out?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Regulus Tera said:
Do you really believve that would stop the media from crying against a game like this if it ever comes out?
Of course not but the media wouldn't even notice unless the game release the same week or something (the media's attention span is incredibly small). The only real big disaster related to this game that has happened recently was Ike but Ike was too soon to be the cause of any potential delay.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
flintstryker said:
Am i the only one who really love the music?
Absolutely not. It was the special trailer who put this game on my radar again, mostly because of the Zimmer-esque soundtrack.

Zihark

pulga said:
Fuckkkk man, when the hell are we gonna get impressions on this.
Game isn't released till next week-so I say around Tues-Thurs. Game releases on Thursday, but some could get it early.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Eyemus Lutt said:
Just got my power back from Ike a couple hours ago.

Bastard is too overpowered in a FFA match.

Tenbatsu

SpacePirate Ridley said:
8 8 9 9 (34/40) in Nintendo Famitsu

Really waiting this game.:D
Wow the famitsu is out already? Ho its Nintendo Famitsu...

水ピン 8
極限状況の中で、生き残りとレスキューに奔走。
リアルなグラフィックで、緊張感と感情移入度の高いプレイが可能。
場面ごとに操作方法やコツが異なり、飽きさせない作り。

ローリング内沢 8
演出が秀逸で、大災害を乗り越えていく臨場感と緊張感が味わえる。
ガンシューティング、カーアクションなどWiiリモコンとヌンチャクを活用した
多彩なアクションが◎。

本田やよい 9
多彩なアクションを会得し、自分で道を切り開いていく楽しさがある。
何よりも、硬派で映画さながらの演出がとてもカッコイイ。
難度はやや高めだけど、やり込みがいがある。

デビル藤原 9
大災害とテロからの襲撃というテーマが熱い。
多彩なアクションが楽しめるのもうれしい。
ハリウッド映画さながらの臨場感もいい感じ。
武器や主人公の成長要素があるのも◎。
Duckroll might be interested to translate it.

batbeg

SpacePirate Ridley said:

What the... that's higher than I expected, especially from a Japanese source. I know it's Famitsu and everything, but still.

SpacePirate Ridley said:

Wow. Especially because there are 9s. Monolithsoft is on a roll.

I know this is Nintendo Famitsu and all, but how have all of Monolithsoft's other titles scored on Famitsu? Anyone recall?

Edit: I saw the opening movie. I wonder if this will be like the Baten Kaitos games where there is only one CG movie in the whole game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Google translator

Water-pin 8
In extreme circumstances, the scramble for survival and rescue.
Realistic graphics, tension and a high degree of empathy can be played.
For each scene, and tips on how to do different and keep making tired.

Sawa 8 in Rolling
In the excellent director, overcoming a major disaster will can enjoy a sense of realism and tension.
Gun Shooting, car action, such as using the Wii remote and Nunchuk
A variety of actions ◎.

Yayoi Honda 9
Learn a variety of actions, to carve one's way to have fun.
More than anything else, like how to throw hard in a very cool movie.
Difficulty is a bit expensive, but we do have damage included.

Devil Fujiwara 9
From major disasters and terrorist attacks is a hot theme.
You can enjoy a variety of nice action.
Hollywood also cinematic good sense of realism.
The hero, weapons and even have a growth element ◎.

Mockingbird said:
Wow. Especially because there are 9s. Monolithsoft is on a roll.

I know this is Nintendo Famitsu and all, but how have all of Monolithsoft's other titles scored on Famitsu? Anyone recall?

Edit: I saw the opening movie. I wonder if this will be like the Baten Kaitos games where there is only one CG movie in the whole game.

8887 for Baten Kaitos; 8899 for Baten Kaitos 2.

Jocchan said:
Really. Zero news, zero marketing, zero previews. It didn't bode that well.
OP updated, though.

MonolithSoft have always been extremely competent developers, and Nintendo delaying a game is usually good news. GAF is simply overly-cynical at times.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
batbeg said:
And is that third review saying it's difficult...? I hope so!
Yes, from what I understand they all basically say it's a bit difficult, has good variety and feels like a cool Hollywood movie.

Haunted

Tenbatsu said:
水ピン 8
極限状況の中で、生き残りとレスキューに奔走。
リアルなグラフィックで、緊張感と感情移入度の高いプレイが可能。
場面ごとに操作方法やコツが異なり、飽きさせない作り。

ローリング内沢 8
演出が秀逸で、大災害を乗り越えていく臨場感と緊張感が味わえる。
ガンシューティング、カーアクションなどWiiリモコンとヌンチャクを活用した
多彩なアクションが◎。

本田やよい 9
多彩なアクションを会得し、自分で道を切り開いていく楽しさがある。
何よりも、硬派で映画さながらの演出がとてもカッコイイ。
難度はやや高めだけど、やり込みがいがある。

デビル藤原 9
大災害とテロからの襲撃というテーマが熱い。
多彩なアクションが楽しめるのもうれしい。

ハリウッド映画さながらの臨場感もいい感じ。
武器や主人公の成長要素があるのも◎。
Hell yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about. All I needed to read for a Day 1 purchase.

Bolded the juicy parts for you guys.

batbeg said:
^ By that logic, it'll be as awesome as BKO :eek: ;)

And is that third review saying it's difficult...? I hope so!
My Japanese is very limited but 難度 (nando) is diffculty and 高め (takame) is high/height. But I wouldn't read too much into it, iirc Famitsu reviewers also mentioned that Twilight Princess was difficult :lol . And Famitsu reviews don't hold any kind of value anyways.

Top Bottom