• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega (VC staff) making a F2P "theatrical" online RPG (Smartphone, PC, Vita)

Pooya

Too bad it's on Vita, gonna look worse than their 6 year old game on all platforms :\
unless it's some 2D/sprite game or something.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I really liked Valkirye so I hope it will be somehow similar and that it will get localized.
I own a Vita, so I'm already set. If among the home consoles there will be PS3 or Wii U, I'd be happier.

Widge

Too bad it's on Vita, gonna look worse than their 6 year old game on all platforms :\
unless it's some 2D/sprite game or something.

I know that is a big negative for you but with my console gaming pretty much going handheld, it is a massive boon for me.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Oh good. Yay. Sounds good so far. Bring it on.

edit: oh... mistranslation/conjecture nightmare :( back to the same old shitty Japanese market present, are we ? lame.

yo seeing as how valkyria chronicles seems like it is being abandoned...i really hope some other people take a look at their gameplay system because its fucking amazing. somebody ought to iterate on what they have done.

Have you heard about Lost Dimension? Closest thing to VC battle system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gaffHc09M

Lost_Dimension_boxart.png

It bombed hard, doubt we'll ever see it here but hoping Xseed to pick it up.

zeromcd73

That new info from the leaker... welp. It's hard to understand since the leaker writes like an idiot (on purpose), but it sounds like an online social game :(

That new info from the leaker... welp. It's hard to understand since the leaker writes like an idiot (on purpose), but it sounds like an online social game :(

Surely the entire VC staff can't be working on an online social game......fuck you SEGA wasting such talent.

Eolz

Pay 500yen to have a better bond with your Sakura Wars waifu. Don't forget to do your daily battle, and come back for a new scenario you can unlock after doing 30 times the previous one.

Shining games are pretty much VC combat system with sword and sorcery.

I'm sorry,NO LOCALISATION HAHAHAHAHA.

Isn't it just Blade & Ark that were similar to VC combat system (especially Ark, since that was made by the devs of VC3?)

Resonance looks like it's returning to just normal turn-based combat.

Have you heard about Lost Dimension? Closest thing to VC battle system.

It bombed hard, doubt we'll ever see it here but hoping Xseed to pick it up.

Good shout - shame the game is supposedly pretty bad.

Isn't Natural Doctrine a similar combat style?

Some Nobody

*starts humming Geki Teikoku Kagekidan, continues reading thread...stops humming*

Dammit. Japan ruins everything lately. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Theatrical = Sakura Wars. Believe!

(O o O) THIS COULD BE SO....

If it's on a Microsoft console, that bodes well for a western release.

(O o O) !!! :) WOW, EVEN BETTER!

So this was what was teased by SEGA for XB1? Makes sense, I guess.

(O o O) !!??! I don't even remember this...!?

On Gamestalk they say "three hardware" in addition to Vita, not three home consoles.

Their theory is Vita/3DS/iOS/ANdroid.

http://gamestalk.net/vs-new-rpg/

(X . o) .....

VS9ouo9.png

iceatcs

Oh good. Yay. Sounds good so far. Bring it on.

edit: oh... mistranslation/conjecture nightmare :( back to the same old shitty Japanese market present, are we ? lame.
Old? No it is the perm-future. It will be mobile market forever for Japan.

Isn't it just Blade & Ark that were similar to VC combat system (especially Ark, since that was made by the devs of VC3?)

Resonance looks like it's returning to just normal turn-based combat.

Good shout - shame the game is supposedly pretty bad.

Isn't Natural Doctrine a similar combat style?

Game's even worst than Lost Dimension. It's sooooooo slowwwwwwwwwww

duckroll

...Vita, PC and iOS are the strangest platform choices.

It's not strange, and it's not just iOS. It's basically a Smartphone game, which is also on PC (browsers presumably), and Vita (like other Smarphone mobile games). Probably f2p too. People should really not make threads without knowing what they're really talking about. :)

Top Bottom