• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (SCEJA game) news announcement on the 21st!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did. Persona 5 coming to PS4 will probably move more units of the PS4 than a Guerrilla Game announcement ever will.

New IP+Western devs? Have the Japanese consumer market shown an attraction to that?

Ordinarily I would agree but look how well Destiny did as a new western IP in Japan.

Looks like we have a countdown to the reveal (so I've been told)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r5HFgajF98&feature=youtu.be

tumblr_m9nonlQ23q1qmt01xo1_r1_500.gif

Hexa

From that description, I immediately thought of a kh like jrpg but featuring Sony IPs. Not going to happen, but I want it. Rogue Galaxy world. Dark Chronicle world. Legend of Dragoon world. Folklore world. Sounds amazing.

1.) Gran Turismo 7 - This would make sense simply because it's Sony's most important IP. But it seems unlikely as there have been zero rumblings about it being revealed any time soon.

2.) Gravity Rush 2. Probably the most obvious choice. Sony Japan loves the series and even had a one year anniversary event for it. We know it's around.

3.) That game.

Elios83

1.) Gran Turismo 7 - This would make sense simply because it's Sony's most important IP. But it seems unlikely as there have been zero rumblings about it being revealed any time soon.

2.) Gravity Rush 2. Probably the most obvious choice. Sony Japan loves the series and even had a one year anniversary event for it. We know it's around.

3.) That game.

Ummm if it's an anniversary project it should involve something that has been with Playstation since the beginning.
I was expecting Gravity Rush 2 but I don't think they would treat the announcement this way.
Certianly I hope it doesn't end in disappointment with a mascot game with Toro and/or other old characters :p

sjay1994

Well here is the thing... there is an unannounced Sony game at TGS.

IGN played it during an earthquake.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/09/16/tgs-2014-i-played-an-earthquake-in-japan

At a private pre-Tokyo Game Show event in Shinjuku, Japan, a few IGN Editors and I crowded into a small demo room at a Japanese game studio and gathered around a row of televisions on a table to play an upcoming PlayStation 4 game while wearing surround sound headsets. I can’t tell you about that game yet, but what I can tell you is that I played it during an actual earthquake.

3.) That game.
There was that rumour during E3 about a PS4 prologue 7, which would be GT6 with updated graphics to hold you over until possibly 2016 when they release GT7.

mao2

Looks like we have a countdown to the reveal (so I've been told)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r5HFgajF98&feature=youtu.be
Seems like it's just a special project announcement by Dengeki PlayStation to celebrate both PlayStation's and Dengeki PlayStation's 20th anniversary. Don't think it's a game.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/922/922604/
●【電撃PS】いよいよ20周年! 電撃PlayStaiton大発表スペシャル
・放送:20日10時40分~
・出演:西岡美道(電撃PS編集長)ほか
・内容:今年の12月は、PlayStation20周年とともに電撃PlayStaitonも20周年。これを記念した今後の特別企画を発表!

Liberty4all

Banned
What could it be?

;)

The nice thing about threads like this is that it gives some insight into where people's hearts are at in terms of potential titles down the road.

500 million to make one game isn't something to sneeze at. Destiny got a huge marketing push. Think of it as the exception, rather than the norm.

Again, I agree but (I think, I'm no insider) that $500 million was Activision money and Sony had their hand in marketing it. I'm willing to bet that since Sony published it in Japan they paid for all it's marketing in Japan.

What's to stop them for doing the same with its first Party IP?

Destiny looked interesting and different during its marketing campaign. If "Horizon" ( I think that's the name of the game for now) looks different and interesting enough with its Robo Dino's it can create the same interest that destiny did with out a ridiculous $500 million budget.

Than again I'm no Japanese expert and it can sell so bad that selling like shit would be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom