• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thorgal

screenshot_2014-10-10l7f38.jpg

screenshot_2014-10-105lc5i.jpg

Lime

The resolution did wonders for FFXIII. Unfortunately it doesn't fix Team Nora's bad character design :(

How are the movies in the game? Uncompressed H264? Or Bink? :S

Are you using a different version of Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB or is this the same release from January (1.4)? I've been using your 1.4 preset all along and it's easily the best looking ENB preset I've ever used.

Thanks! I've been making adjustments since. The grass/trees are from Tamriel Reloaded Flora, btw.

TheTurboFD

Weird. I have 3 private messages about downsampling in Alien Isolation.

Folks, it's no different than any other game for me. Create custom resolutions and use them in-game.

If your custom resolutions use refresh rates lower than your native, make sure you read this post.

The reason I PM'd you was because after I created the custom resolution and successfully tested it alien isolation doesn't allow me to change higher than 1080p.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Nice FFfix, I'll try to capture a few screens (outside the green area) when I get done installing it.

And apologies, just an overclock comparison here. Recently got a gtx980 (Zotac Omega, 7% core factory OC) and am feeling the nerdy need to show it off. I'll make it fast though.

Divinity OS maxed out, 3840x2400 bicubic downsampled:

Stock OC (1300mhz boost|7ghz effective memory) -
15305548258_8ea17028db_o.jpg

User OC (1500mhz boost|8ghz effective memory:) -
15469079016_a724efd289_o.jpg

blaidd

Banned
To me "Ryse" doesn't look that much cleaner compared to some Xbox1 shots i took! Sure textures do look better, but it still has that blurry look for some reason?

I was hoping for much more improvement! Were you downsampling?

Well, most of that blur is because of the motion blur - you might consider turning that off for screenshots - also a little bit higher resolution perhaps...

EDIT: Fixed according to rules. 2 Pics only, glorious lossless PNG.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well, most of that blur is because of the motion blur - you might consider turning that off for screenshots - also a little bit higher resolution perhaps...

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1732x1083q90/661/QP7aB9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey bud, you can't use images from a host that compresses them.

Throw the original lossless image (or one your converted to JPEG yourself at at least 98% quality) up on either Sta.sh, Flickr then share it here.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
I played through the XB1 version of Ryse recently, don't feel the need to buy it again on PC just now, will wait for a sale.

In the meantime, am looking forward to seeing gorgeous Ryse screenshots from all of you.

blaidd

Banned
Hey bud, you can't use images from a host that compresses them.

Throw the original lossless image (or one your converted to JPEG yourself at at least 98% quality) up on either Sta.sh, Flickr then share it here.

Sorry, will fix that tomorrow. I do have to go to sleep sometime soon, have some work to do in a couple of hours. Those are JPEGs at 95% though (at least they were, before uploading them - can't believe I'm supposed to pay for posting them at full resolution. And them being too stupid as to not let me do it anyways)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sorry, will fix that tomorrow. I do have to go to sleep sometime soon, have some work to do in a couple of hours. Those are JPEGs at 95% though (at least they were, before uploading them - can't believe I'm supposed to pay for posting them at full resolution. And them being too stupid as to not let me do it anyways)

Imageshack is a shitty image host unfortunately :(

FXIII looks like it would hit 60 FPS at 4K on a toaster.

Question for you folks with Ryse. Can the HUD be disabled? Otherwise... I'm not touching it.

take advantage of Abload.de :D

Blinck

Why do I do this to myself...I know I shouldn't have come to this thread because of Alien spoilers...but I did anyway and got what I deserved :(

Anyway beautiful shots everyone. Ryse is gonna deliver some great pictures.
Also can't wait until you get further in FFXIII...some beautiful areas down the corridor. I mean...road.. :p

Top Bottom