• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streaming: The first 2 hours of Sunset Overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Weird, my Chromecast stopped the stream twice, stating the stream isn't supported by Chromecast. Worked fine for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden stopped.

Krakn3Dfx

Not impressed with the game graphically, but it looks fun, like a goofier Infamous, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Pre-ordered and pre-loaded already.

Very happy to hear it's smooth and there's no frame-rate or stuttering issues, at least according to the streamer.

Footage does look pretty smooth, so I'm inclined to believe him.

psychotron

Just stopped watching after the intro credits began. I'm sold! I was nervous about the framerate but it looks pretty damn nice in the stream and he said it felt rock solid too. There's a ton of character right from the start. It looks like it takes Dead Rising and adds a whole new level.

Begaria

Definitely has a good bit of humor going for it. "Dead End Job?" and then pulling out a Smartphone to play...Sunset Overdrive. Ha!

ukpanik

Banned
The radical character designs will really appeal to today's youth.

Poochy_%28Simpsons_Official_Site%29.PNG

2thepoint

Ok, the game is absolutely gorgeous.

Really wish I had an Xbox One.

Maybe Santa Claus will have me on his good list this year :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I realllllly dislike the humor, but man that art style is really great. Was surprised at the f-bombs, for some reason I thought this was rated T.

Krakn3Dfx

I realllllly dislike the humor, but man that art style is really great. Was surprised at the f-bombs, for some reason I thought this was rated T.

Yeah, the humor is right up there with Tiny Tina for me, which is unfortunate, gameplay looks fun though.

Begaria

The game looks pretty cool and fun to play but there's two things slightly bothering me:

1. The lack of ambient music while just traversing/in menus - there appears to be combat music and "zingers" when meeting a NPC, but the city sounds a bit silent.

2. Now I've only watched a very small portion of the game so far, so this is totally a knee jerk reaction and could totally change the more I see of the game: this "city" feels more like a playground and while there's a bunch of stuff to grind on and jump on, looks a little...I dunno, empty? There doesn't appear to be anyone else except for the scant few NPCs and enemies.

Very minor gripes. The game is extremely colorful and balls to the wall insane.

Edit: Oh hey, the music is kicking in a bit more. Not quite as silent as what it was.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The game looks pretty cool and fun to play but there's two things slightly bothering me:

1. The lack of ambient music while just traversing/in menus - there appears to be combat music and "zingers" when meeting a NPC, but the city sounds a bit silent.

2. Now I've only watched a very small portion of the game so far, so this is totally a knee jerk reaction and could totally change the more I see of the game: this "city" feels more like a playground and while there's a bunch of stuff to grind on and jump on, looks a little...I dunno, empty? There doesn't appear to be anyone else except for the scant few NPCs and enemies.

Very minor gripes. The game is extremely colorful and balls to the wall insane.

play with style, you'll get music. :)

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Not impressed with the game graphically, but it looks fun, like a goofier Infamous, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Pre-ordered and pre-loaded already.

I was just thinking the opposite, I think the graphics are really nice. Obviously they are going for a cartoony style but I love the texture work.

Gonna stop watching the stream now so I don't spoil any more of the game for myself.

E92 M3

Sucks there won't be a demo try this myself. All I need is 10 minutes; everything is perfect except I don't know how it feels to play.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I was playing at home last night, and I was really like, man the game looks good. There's always sort of that gut check moment when you see it on your TV, with your sound system, and honestly, while I'm biased, I still think it looks awesome.

I'm having fun, and I've played these parts of the game a ton of times. So excited for everyone to get their hands on it in just 11 days (!!!!!)

sam777

Looks nice loving the art style and the animations of orange when you shoot at the zombies (or whatever they are called).

Kssio_Aug

Ive watched their 1 hour gameplay some days ago. May not watch this one for not spoiling more of it. I liked A LOT of what Ive watched though!

Am linking pretty much everything about it!
It seems there are a good variety of enemies and they said there will be many many many weapons (and you can equip different amps on all of them).

This and Halo, I cant wait!

TheOddOne

I was playing at home last night, and I was really like, man the game looks good. There's always sort of that gut check moment when you see it on your TV, with your sound system, and honestly, while I'm biased, I still think it looks awesome.

I'm having fun, and I've played these parts of the game a ton of times. So excited for everyone to get their hands on it in just 11 days (!!!!!)
Thanks for making me feel bad.

kttcolisadbron

NateDrake

*Patiently stares at email waiting for review code.....*

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Been watching stream since he started... my thoughts (such as they are)

I think it looks very nice. Smooth, seems fast too and I have not seen any lag other than the occasional stutter when opening a menu but I am assuming that was the stream?

Game looks fun, LOTS of stuff to jump and grind on, tons of enemies running around, interesting cut scenes etc. Also the game really helps you get the hang of the game play.

My only worry is, how long will it be fun for before it just becomes "grind and shoot" ad nauseam?

This game will be great fun for Xbox peeps, but the legs may not be there long term.

Gonna keep watching to see if I see more :)

Wynnebeck

Banned
Looks nice, but I'm starting to get a Dead Rising feel from the game. How long can you keep doing all of this before it becomes the same thing with different weapons and enemies?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I wish video stores still rented out consoles. I would be willing to lay down $15 for the weekend to play this through.

udiie

playing this at PAX was truly a highlight of that weekend. disappointed in myself for not preordering, but ill pick it up down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom