• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

They do seem to be struggling a bit more with the additional challenge load, though work a lot more often than that for me - have you tried picking servers with a longer countdown?

Yeah, doesn't seem to matter. I managed to get into a race and completed it and was about 2 minutes until the next race started and got disconnected after the countdown.
All other online parts seem to be working fine though.

Yeah, doesn't seem to matter. I managed to get into a race and completed it and was about 2 minutes until the next race started and got disconnected after the countdown.
All other online parts seem to be working fine though.
Just a suggestion but have you got any alternative on your internet connection (switching to Lan rather than wifi)? I think your getting booted at the stage where it's trying to connect you to the other players. I'm sure it works for fine for other games but some games use different ports that routers block.

On GT5 there was 1 player I could never see, he wouldn't appear on the results page and we could never hear each other, yet other guys could see us both. This happened every time we were online together and must've been down to our routers. On PS2 Socom I used to have to run the router in DMZ mode to be able to talk to all my team!

Does your internet test say NAT type 2?

This reminded me of the FH2 demo OT title.

ixm065IfH0BO1.jpg

Where we're going, we don't need roads - if you need reminding.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I do wonder how the random weather will be integrated into existing tour events. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was truly random, in order to spice things up. But many people might be angered at that for feeling that a random snowstorm ruined their attempt at mastering a particular event.

Tommi84

I do wonder how the random weather will be integrated into existing tour events.
The last info i heard/read was that the existing events will NOT change as it would screw up the Leaderboards. Weather will only be available in upcoming tour events or during solo races/time trials/drift events.

sneaky77

if you're a lap behind or so many seconds behind.. or going in wrong traffic.. you should automatically become a ghost in multiplayer.. so annoying to have people 3 lap behind just waiting to ram people in the other "team"

It would give an advantage to those using that camera compared to those using cockpit view.

True, but there should be an option to lock the camera when playing an event with other people.

I also agree that the raindrops on the follow cam are way too much, i can't properly show the spectacle like that.

Shaneus

You'll be racing through the rain and snow tomorrow ;)
Whaaaaat? Oh my god, I'll be in heaven!

I need to spend more time with DC. Now we just need a way to avoid having to use the crappy PS4 Share compression for screens (like a bigshot mode a la FM4/Horizon?!?) and I'll be happy.

Merun

There's way too many drops on the follow cam with no wiper to get rid of them. I never play online anyway.

Let's just say that the impact on visiblity is part of the game design:

On that note, can you go into details on exactly what implications dynamic weather has on gameplay?
Alex Perkins: As you’d expect, weather is a game changer. When your tires get wet it’s harder to brake and easier to drift, which has a big effect on how you race and score fame for your club. It’s not just the handling that changes though, visibility can also change massively and impact on how the game plays too, especially at night when you’ve got your windscreen wipers going like crazy and your headlights are reflecting on the snowflakes ahead of you to blanket the sky in white.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/08/first-look-driveclubs-dynamic-weather-action-2/

But you can still ask for wipers on the camera. Or perhaps some lotus effect on the lens of the camera, like glasses. What should matter is that all camera are on equal footing so if the following camera is less clear than cockpit view, I'm all for it.

Hope you've all watched the preview video

http://youtu.be/xNBG9H2lKPA

Rushy, Driveclub is my GOTY! Can't wait to try the patch out. The replay mode will be the icing on the cake (together with fully customizable controls? ;-) )

Evolution is one of my favorite studios, thanks for giving us WRC4 on PS2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift on PS3 and now Driveclub on PS4!

Godspeed to you and your team!

ps are you considering relaunching Driveclub when all the features are in especially now that online is smooth? Like Polygony released GT5 spec 2.0 and XL?

GAF, I don't like Gran Turismo but I do like Burnout and loved the shit out of Project Gotham Racing 2 on Xbox 1. Also don't mind a bunch of the older Ridge Racers.

Thoughts!?

EDIT - Also I don't online that much

Shaneus

GAF, I don't like Gran Turismo but I do like Burnout and loved the shit out of Project Gotham Racing 2 on Xbox 1. Also don't mind a bunch of the older Ridge Racers.

Thoughts!?

You'll still love it. The strongest part of the online component IMO isn't even the multiplayer, it's more high-score chasing in a less traditional sense (think Kudos from PGR, but challenges that earn them for you around different sections/corners of each track, like highest average speed, stick to a racing line, that sort of thing), as well as the obvious like lap times/ghost challenges. I don't even really play MP at all but I find the online integration is what keeps me coming back.

Honestly, it's the closest thing we'll get to a PGR game this gen, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Thoughts!?

Must buy.

You should reconsider the playing online tho, specially for the challenges.

Shaneus

Must buy.

You should reconsider the playing online tho, specially for the challenges.
I have a feeling they may have been referring to multiplayer more than just online specifically. I don't really play MP all that much (if at all) but online is an absolute necessity for this game, IMO.

Yeah I didn't clarify. I mean if the game is online only like say, it has no single player mode and I'm just mainly racing against 8 other people at all times then no go as I might like to pause and walk away for a bit. But Online challenges/being connected and the odd game are good.

OK then great - definite pickup for me :)

Yeah I didn't clarify. I mean if the game is online only like say, it has no single player mode and I'm just mainly racing against 8 other people at all times then no go as I might like to pause and walk away for a bit. But Online challenges/being connected and the odd game are good.

I've hardly touched any of the online stuff but have played a good 50 hours. (Just a guess, but its been a lot of hours)

Famassu

if you're a lap behind or so many seconds behind.. or going in wrong traffic.. you should automatically become a ghost in multiplayer.. so annoying to have people 3 lap behind just waiting to ram people in the other "team"

It does turn people into ghosts in certain conditions, though not when people deliberately stay behind. Can't really say I've experienced people staying behind all that much in the multiplayer. Is it a recent phenomenon? The last couple of weeks I've mostly focused on the DLC events and challenges, so maybe that's the reason I haven't seen it, if dumb people have just now figured it out.

Shaneus

It values above almost anything, improving exactly how you drive, and does that by integrating challenges and leaderboards along the way. Honestly, I wouldn't even really care if there wasn't MP, that's how little I've touched it.

Glad to hear about your decision, I guarantee you won't regret it. Shit, I practically bought a PS4 for it and I don't regret it.

Any word on private lobbies yet and the ability to do the same challenge with club members?

It would be absolutely awesome to be able to invite all my club members into the same lobby and tackle some challenges together. Like, imagine 6 people all chasing the same ghost around the track chatting via in-game or party chat with mics all sharing tips and what not. Please make it happen!

Cudder

Have Evolution said if they're ever going to come out with a Japanese car pack? I'd love to drive an Evo in this game.

I don't know why I'm so excited for snow in Driveclub considering this is what my car has been dealing with the past few weeks

ikIuteess5E3t.jpg

But I imagine driving a BAC Mono through this stuff will be more fun than pushing my stupid Mazda out of a snow bank

JamboGT

Patch is live, just jumped in on the season pass as well.

To be honest the only thing I really want from the game now is an option for private multiplayer races!

Top Bottom