• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Jim

shpankey said:
What happens for those of us who JUST now bought it?

Just my luck. :/

Seriously... they sorta have to mirror the official retail price adjustment, so it was worth waiting. Pretty sure this adjustment will happen the same day the Party Pack DLC goes up. It'll probably be Burnout Paradise + Party Pack for $29.99 or so.

jmoe316

According to IGN Xbox 360, there won't be an Ultimate Box edition for X360 and PS3. I thought they announced a while ago that they were.

Also, they said the Party Pack is free. I thought this was Premium content? (Or just the cars are?)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/945/945753p1.html

January 16, 2009 - Today, EA announced that Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box is only available on PC in North America and is not being released in the U.S. on PS3 or Xbox 360. PC gamers can experience the Ultimate Box, which includes the original game, the previously released Cagney and Bikes downloadable packs, and the new Party Pack, on February 5. That same day, the Party Pack will be released, for free, on Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Store.

The Party Pack includes a new multiplayer mode designed for offline hot-potato play with up to eight players. A few fixes are also included that should have longtime Paradise players cheering. A restart option is finally being added so players that fail a race have the option to skip back to the starting line and give it another go. Criterion has long defended its decision to exclude the common restart function, but acquiesced to the demands of its fanbase. PS3 owners gain access to the Burnout Paradise Network, a live feed where players can keep track of friends and read up on the latest Burnout news from Criterion.

I just read the PR too... it really does look that way:

Burnout™ Paradise The Ultimate Box will be available in stores on February 5th in North America exclusively for the PC. For PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system owners of Burnout™ Paradise in North America, the Party pack will be sold separately as a premium download February 5th on the PLAYSTATION®Network and Xbox LIVE® Marketplace.

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box will be available in stores on February 6th in Europe for the PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360 and the PC. The Party pack will also be sold separately in Europe February 5th on the PLAYSTATION Network and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Though obviously it's being released as DLC.

S1kkZ

the ultimate edition is coming in europe (for ps3/360). you can preorder it on amazon and some other online stores.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
bridegur said:
Does anyone know if Criterion is working on anything outside of Burnout?

Black 2 as far as I know it's been strongly suggested, they let something slip about it iirc.

Edit: Wait, so everything's going to be FREE? :O

Jim

Dash Kappei said:
Black 2 as far as I know it's been strongly suggested, they let something slip about it iirc.

Edit: Wait, so everything's going to be FREE? :O

No. IGN is quite confused.

Party Pack is paid downloadable content which will be released for the PS3/360 via PSN/XBL.

Ultimate Box is a retail product with Burnout Paradise + Party Pack, and will only be released for the PC only in North America, and PC/PS3/360 outside of North America.

Shearie

The thing I'm most excited about that's coming Feb. 5 is the patch that makes changes to game modes, visuals, the whole vehicle dynamics system, and of course - for all the whiners - a restart option.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Didn't see this posted. Looks like it's only going to be £25, as well:

3202106341_a037ff8972_o.jpg

Lince

Banned
shpankey said:
So you are asleep dreaming about this game all day?

I keed! ;)

more or less yeah :lol

so I have a problem with the "complete your 10th timed challenge" trophy, I've already completed over 20 timed challenges using cars/bikes but never got the trophy, I've read it's some kind of glitch and I need to delete my save and redo the timed challenges using only cars... any chance the next patch would fix this so I don't have to mess with the saves?

and appart from that, will the PC version be compatible with the 360 pad?

Lince said:
so I have a problem with the "complete your 10th timed challenge" trophy, I've already completed over 20 timed challenges using cars/bikes but never got the trophy, I've read it's some kind of glitch and I need to delete my save and redo the timed challenges using only cars... any chance the next patch would fix this so I don't have to mess with the saves?

I never had this bug. Just make sure you completed 10 timed trophies with cars.

Dante said:
Thinking of trading in my hard copy, and getting the $19.99 PSN version.
You won't regret it. It's so convenient to just have it there, and the loading times are a bit shorter.

Lince

Banned
Philanthropist said:
I never had this bug. Just make sure you completed 10 timed trophies with cars.

I've already achieved 15 with cars, seems like it happens when your first timed challenge is completed with a bike... :(

edit: I just read the only workaround for this is to backup your save, delete it from the HDD and start a new game, then complete 10 timed challenges ONLY WITH CARS.

Lince

Banned
industrian said:
Speaking of trophies, I got the Platinum last night. My first. :)

congrats, I just need to get a working USB cam for my PS3 to get my Platinum trophy for Burnout... I think I'll borrow my friend's 360 live cam.

Lince

Banned
thanks a lot dkwhip for helping me out with the "complete 10 timed challenges" trophy... I had to backup my save and start from scratch using only cars to achieve it (default car sucks monkey balls btw), now I restored my save and all it's good again :D

Dante said:

Is the price changing next Thursday? I owned a 360 copy but eventually traded it in due to frustration over the restart option (don't throw stuff at me). I'll definitely pick this up on PSN if this will be changed.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DoctorWho said:
Is the price changing next Thursday? I owned a 360 copy but eventually traded it in due to frustration over the restart option (don't throw stuff at me). I'll definitely pick this up on PSN if this will be changed.
It is confirmed by Jim himself. Although the loads on retail versions are so good it's hard to let my hard copy go.

dk_

Lince said:
thanks a lot dkwhip for helping me out with the "complete 10 timed challenges" trophy... I had to backup my save and start from scratch using only cars to achieve it (default car sucks monkey balls btw), now I restored my save and all it's good again :D
Hehe, no problem. T'was fun!

Threi

notag
quick question (a bit confused): the option that lets you restart, it it part of the party pack you have to pay for or is it something different?

Threi said:
quick question (a bit confused): the option that lets you restart, it it part of the party pack you have to pay for or is it something different?
Nah, it'll be patched free to everyone, no idea when though.

Just a note for you guys who want to go PSN: there is no place to enter codes for the bonus cars so if you can't part with that GameSpot car, maybe you should hold on to it.

Aladuf

Banned
Dante said:
That's the best way to do it, Burnout is the perfect game to have sitting on your HDD. I always will just decide to start it up and play for a little while.

Great move, cutting the price before the DLC becomes available.

bune duggy said:
Just a note for you guys who want to go PSN: there is no place to enter codes for the bonus cars so if you can't part with that GameSpot car, maybe you should hold on to it.

I never heard of it, but I doubt that will deter many potential buyers. What's that anyway?

MaritalWheat said:
Nah, it'll be patched free to everyone, no idea when though.

February 5.

Nice, now that they fixed the no restart bug, I'll finally buy the game. I actually had it pre-paid before launch but then canceled it when I saw that the restart was broken in the demo. I rented it before and played it to the point where restarts were needed then sent it back.

Looking forward to being able to finish a race without 7 minutes of driving back to the start point if I fail the first time.

Lince

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Looking forward to being able to finish a race without 7 minutes of driving back to the start point if I fail the first time.

I always find something fun, challenging and enjoyable to do in Paradise City in those 7 minutes of "driving back", to the point that I end up doing some other event or "freestyle" stuff instead of repeating the last race.

Willeth

Philanthropist said:
I never heard of it, but I doubt that will deter many potential buyers. What's that anyway?
It's one of the cars (a Touge Sport, I think) reskinned with the Gamestop logo. It has exactly the same stats as the actual car, it just lets you have access to it early.

Lince said:
I always find something fun, challenging and enjoyable to do in Paradise City in those 7 minutes of "driving back", to the point that I end up doing some other event or "freestyle" stuff instead of repeating the last race.

I found that at first, but as the game progresses and I started completing all the events, it started to get a little tedious.

McLovin

Anyone know when they bikes will have races online?
edit- When you get near the end of collecting all the gates and missing events take your save file and upload it to criterion. They'll give you a map with everything your missing.

DoctorWho said:
I found that at first, but as the game progresses and I started completing all the events, it started to get a little tedious.
I only had this problem right near the end when I found all 400 gates and all jumps.

Most people will never get those. :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
bridegur said:
As someone said in this thread, Black 2 seems possible, but they really should be working on a Road Rash revival. The Burnout Bikes are awesome, all they need is the ability to beat the crap out of opponents with a tire iron/billy club/can of mace/cattle prod/chain link/whatever, all of the songs from the 3D0 classic (Rusty Cage and that one Swervedriver song is a start, now the others need to be in there) with some more Soundgarden and Therapy?, and some painful bail animations for the rider. Then, and only then, will EA have my $60.

McLovin said:
Anyone know when they bikes will have races online?
edit- When you get near the end of collecting all the gates and missing events take your save file and upload it to criterion. They'll give you a map with everything your missing.
Not everyone is on the PS3, and the 360 version has no such option.

bridegur said:
They've denied they are working on Black 2, but I don't quite buy it.

Given that what was Black Box who did Need for Speed, it wouldn't be surprising for EA to toss that over to Criterion.

TimeLike

OldJadedGamer said:

If it takes you 7 minutes to drive anywhere in this game, you're doing it wrong...very wrong. Damn restart crybabys.

Top Bottom