• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

tbh the only hard event in the game was the venom hot lap, i'm kinda dissapointed that there is no trophy for an event like that. Something like the infamous "Zico lap" from Wipeout HD would be awesome.

I noticed what appears to be the fame/faceoff score next to the race time for leaders on the challenges. Can't remember if that's like that on all the leaderboards. It would be great to see the fame/faceoff scores (not the extra points for accolades and such, just the points from the actual racing) for all the times on the leaderboards. That way you can perhaps judge how clean a race it was and not just how fast.

Maybe you could even somehow separate out the points awarded or deducted for clean racing and show that on the leaderboard. This might help address some complaints about people using walls and such to help them achieve the fastest times. The times would still stand, but you could see who are the fastest clean racers.

Here's an idea. Reduce the entry barrier for locked events. Something like 1 star in all previous events should unlock the next set. That way people who aren't as good can still experience all the content, difficulty remains the same, and the completionists can still rage over missing the 3rd star by 0.009 seconds. Everyone's happy!

What about the people who want the game to be easier so that they can get every single star? Well, they can take a walk.
Thumbs up here as well! Would address the complaints from those frustrated they can't access the content they paid for (which doesn't make sense when you think about how games have always been made, but we live in a different time now with different consumer expectations, i.e., gotta have it now).

benzy

That Alpine A110-50 and its sound...

pilbhl.gif

Here's an idea. Reduce the entry barrier for locked events. Something like 1 star in all previous events should unlock the next set. That way people who aren't as good can still experience all the content, difficulty remains the same, and the completionists can still rage over missing the 3rd star by 0.009 seconds. Everyone's happy!

What about the people who want the game to be easier so that they can get every single star? Well, they can take a walk.

Agree with this, it's the most reasonable solution. Dumbing down the difficulty will just make the game too easy for people like Vaga and DHC. :p

Sounds like the best solution to me too :)

23qwerty

and while we're on the subject of tour mode... why not enable weather in the base tour, but have it be on a separate leaderboard?

Bebpo

Banned
Since the first two DLC tours were free, is it still a better deal to buy the season pass for $25 or the rest of the tours separately? I'm planning on getting all the tours.

sneaky77

Since the first two DLC tours were free, is it still a better deal to buy the season pass for $25 or the rest of the tours separately? I'm planning on getting all the tours.

Since the first two tours were free.. the extended the season pass to last an extra month

Great idea.

GuessWho

About to get this game, don't feel like reading through the thread but how is the sound in this game? Is just as important as graphics to me.

IKizzLE

DLC review:
Stingray is mediocre.
Electric sls loses control way too easily at high speeds.
Alpine sounds amazing and is really quick.
Ferrari speciale is a top contender in the super class. All around really effing good.
Evantra I haven't tried.
McLaren F1 Pm might be the best car in the hyper class. Up there with the zonda r and Apollo enraged.

Red line was pretty easy. Didn't notice the difficulty spike people spoke of. Took about 90 min to get all 45 stars. Hardest event was definitely the corvette drift.....pissed me off.

Excited to start elements since I heard it's challenging.

I'm terrible at driving in cockpit view, it feels so cramped to me :( I seem to only really do OK when it's out of car view but I feel the game looks a lot nicer in a first person view :( How did you guys train yourself to play like this!?

OchreHand

Welp, I bought DriveClub after seeing the awesome weather thread and I'm off to a rocky start. When I first put the disc in my console sounded like it was trying to read it multiple times. It then blue screened and gave me a cE 3478 0 error. I'm not sure what to do. I downloaded the 2.55gb patch in hopes that would fix it but I'm still getting the same error message.

Any advice? :(

Edit: woah,It's working now!! I deleted and re installed the game plus the patch. Wooooot.

I'm terrible at driving in cockpit view, it feels so cramped to me :( I seem to only really do OK when it's out of car view but I feel the game looks a lot nicer in a first person view :( How did you guys train yourself to play like this!?

Agreed that it is quite cramped and you get a lot more real estate in bumper and hood cam. You just have to get used to it and play it as often as you can. For hatchbacks and clear weather, cockpit is no problem for me. Throw in weather and hyper cars, forget about it.

dano1

A Sheep

Use the view just before the cockpit view. I guess you call it the dash cam. It give you a lot more side view and seems to sit a bit higher. It will take some practice but you will at least see the windshield and wipers!

benzy

Guess I'm used to it from playing cockpit view exclusively in GT6. Learn a track, then the more you use cockpit view the more you'll get accustomed to it.

Just did a hotlap in the McLaren F1 on a stormy night. I still don't think any game is going to top the exhilaration of driving in DC any time soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCSS5gYN1U

Rushy if you're reading this, any idea when game stats will be back up? i just want to see how many hours I've put into this game.

By the way, guys - my fame points are up to 17 million now. What are you guys up to?

Jburton

Banned
Anyone know why I would be stuck on 1.04 version?

Have weather and all that but still says I am on 1.04, is that right?

US digital version.

drotahorror

Just something to help me out and I figured I'd post it for others. I tend to get confused with what cars come out and whatnot.

Added single cars-
• Mercedes-AMG GT S (Performance - October car)
• BMW M5, 2013 (Performance - November car)
• Renault DeZir DRIVECLUB™ Edition (Super? - November car)
• Mazzanti Evantra (Super - December car)

DLC Cars #1

• W Motors Lykan Hypersport (Hyper)
• Caterham SP/300.R (Hyper)
• KTM X-Bow R (Super)
• Renault Twin’Run (Sports)
• BMW M4 (Performance)

DLC Cars #2

• McLaren F1 LM (Hyper)
• Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive (Super)
• Renault Alpine A110-50 (Super)
• Ferrari 458 Speciale (Super)
• Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (Performance)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So I am almost to the pro tour or whatever and I feel I still don't know how to play this game. I have absolutely no idea how drifting works in this game, I never get the lap time stars and the AI lets you win like every race.

crispyben

Just something to help me out and I figured I'd post it for others. I tend to get confused with what cars come out and whatnot.

Added single cars-
• Mercedes-AMG GT S (Performance - October car)
• BMW M5, 2013 (Performance - November car)
• Mazzanti Evantra (Super - December car)

DLC Cars #1

• W Motors Lykan Hypersport (Hyper)
• Caterham SP/300.R (Hyper)
• KTM X-Bow R (Super)
• Renault Twin’Run (Sports)
• BMW M4 (Performance)

DLC Cars #2

• McLaren F1 LM (Hyper)
• Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive (Super)
• Renault Alpine A110-50 (Super)
• Ferrari 458 Speciale (Super)
• Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (Performance)
You're at least missing the Renault DeZiR DRIVECLUB edition (sp?), which was free I believe.
No, the current version is 1.09.

Go to the game on your XMB and hit the option button then choose "check for latest update."
It's the same for me, EU disc version, history stuck on 1.04 but game up to date. Rushy?

viveks86

Loving the car pack. These cars are so damn unique. Even the 458 speciale is quite different from the original 458. The first time I drove the Mercedes electric, I got total wipeout vibes. The sound and sense of speed on that car is out of this world!

Guess I'm used to it from playing cockpit view exclusively in GT6. Learn a track, then the more you use cockpit view the more you'll get accustomed to it.

Just did a hotlap in the McLaren F1 on a stormy night. I still don't think any game is going to top the exhilaration of driving in DC any time soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCSS5gYN1U

Wow! Great vid Benzy, that's amazing!

Rushy if you're reading this, any idea when game stats will be back up? i just want to see how many hours I've put into this game.

By the way, guys - my fame points are up to 17 million now. What are you guys up to?

Yeah I'd love to see some more stats too.

I've got around 31.5 mil and I'm lurking around the 600 rank - the top ten is just insane, how the hell has someone got 650 million points?

Elements is damn tough. It took about 45 minutes of replaying the Limited Slip drift event before finally beating the 13500 target score. This run right here was the best I could manage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4aA6zpWqk

That was a really good run, shame about the barrier at the start. Notice how the lead ghost spins the car in every section tho, annoying!

Merun

Red line was pretty easy. Didn't notice the difficulty spike people spoke of. Took about 90 min to get all 45 stars. Hardest event was definitely the corvette drift.....pissed me off.

Excited to start elements since I heard it's challenging.

The corvette drift was indeed annoying.

I think you won't find Elements much harder because Redline was indeed rather easy to me too.

I have 20 millions atm, which makes me around the 2300 in the leaderboard. I looked yesterday at those who are ahead of me on the Evo challenges. 73 million omg.

So I am almost to the pro tour or whatever and I feel I still don't know how to play this game. I have absolutely no idea how drifting works in this game, I never get the lap time stars and the AI lets you win like every race.

The pro tour will force you to learn. It was my first difficulty spike in the game.

For drifting, here are my notes: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143989864&postcount=670

Tommi84

This should be re-quoted all the time :). . Just maybe not to 1star but lower it to 30% of the requirement right now. Everyone will be happy. The game is not difficult and giving difficulty levels will suck for those who have all the starts already (I'm 396 for now as i haven't attempted the elements trophy yet - no time yesterday ;)).

Rushy

We're aiming to have stats visible again during January - they're still being tracked though so don't worry.

Anyone know why I would be stuck on 1.04 version?
Have weather and all that but still says I am on 1.04, is that right?
This is a system software bug (can happen with any game). To my knowledge the only 'fix' is to delete the game and re-install (be sure to backup your saves if you do).

DBT85

I'm on board with lowering the star requirements. If only because games are the only entertainment that lock content out that you've paid for if you're shit at it. You can't watch a film or read a book badly!

Agreed. This doesn't need to be made easier to cater to those who don't want to put the effort in. Yea I'm pissed off that I can't beat some of these tour times but that's not lets tone it down pissed it's the let me get better as a driver so I can shove this time up their ass anger! Personally I like the chance to excel and I think that makes this game the better for it. Maybe on future tour events it could be toned a shade but let the existing events stand.

I've busted my ass to hit 170/225 stars on tour and do not want that cheapened. 192/405 overall.

Im stuck on Best of the British. Neither the Bentley tank to shove fools out of the way or spry Lotus is helping. Norsk Hill Climb is a pita, as is TAAPACA run. Punching Above Your Weight is a stupid pita otherwise up to semipro I've got all the stars. I'd much rather tackle those and beat them than to just log on and magically have more stars. This game has a great sense of accomplishment.

IIRC I did that in the lotus, much more nimble.

The Audi one is what's causing me grief. I've got the first star, but the time under 3:18 is tough for me on a long very fast stage and I'm finding the S5 getting unstable at high speed when making the changes in direction. Add in AI using me as a bumper and ruining it lol.

system11

About to get this game, don't feel like reading through the thread but how is the sound in this game? Is just as important as graphics to me.

Engine/driving sounds are really good, music is very lacking - by default its mixed so quietly you can barely hear it. I wouldn't say I'd like to hear EA style alt-rock spewing out at volume 11, but I miss the days where racing game music helped you get into the race. Outrun, Ridge Racer etc.

NHale

Oh well just bought my first season pass ever. Let's see if I haven't made a huge mistake...

By the way the liveries aren't included in the season pass. It shows as 0.99 in the store and library. The tour packs were free as soon as I bought the season pass.

Merun

Man, the Venom 2 trial is a bitch, I seriously fucking hate it :(

Probably the only trial I will never get 3 stars on.

Good luck with it!

Oh well just bought my first season pass ever. Let's see if I haven't made a huge mistake...

By the way the liveries aren't included in the season pass. It shows as 0.99 in the store and library. The tour packs were free as soon as I bought the season pass.

Liveries are normally free, just some mistake from the store team.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144563131&postcount=7168

Afrikan

I finally got the Season Pass,mainly for the McLaren F1....and to support Evo... I never get season passes for games, but made the exception here.

initially I wanted the car for nostalgia sake (Need For Speed 2).....but to my surprise, the car drives amazing for me.. I don't need a car that handles perfect...but something about how this car handles and recovers for me, I love it...I've been killing ever since I've started using it online.

I think DriveClub is the first racing game I've played that you can use your favorite car on a track and still have a chance of winning regardless of it's stats compared to others.

I mean sure, having a car that has slow acceleration, but great top speed on a small circuit course isn't going to work out well....but the majority of the courses....you can just pick any car available in an online race, and adjust your driving for that car and still have a chance to finish up top.

most racing games, everyone wants to use the car that has the best stats...and they'd have the advantage....

this game, you want that/try to use that power advantage, be prepared to fly off the road....just enough time for someone else who has a slower car to catch up and then stay ahead.

anyway, basically just want to say I love the balance of the game...it seems so perfect to me, that I'm scared to even think about how much time and stress was spent trying to get it where it is right now...and still seems to be improved upon after each patch.

I was just about to post that i couldn't see my drivers statistics but it seems that this was a know issue.

I must admit revisiting a old tour event i had trouble and managing to get stars/set scores is the best feelign ever.
As bad as i am with the game , this ....shouldn't change.

Top Bottom