• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Starting to panic about my eBay Villager purchase from a place in Japan. The estimated arrival time was Tue, Dec 23 - Tue, Jan 06, and it's still not here. Don't even have a tracking number.

If this fails, I'm just saying to hell with him. I've already had issues with Target, Walmart and TRU's eBay store with Villagers...

Wow dude same exact situation I'm in, except my estimated arrival is for the 5th. You have to wait 3 days after the estimated arrival date before opening a case against them which I will be. They posted a tracking number but that number has never registered anything as being shipped. I contacted the seller and they said they shipped it but I don't believe they did. Wonder if we have the same seller, a super_sam*** (censored the last 3 letters)?

It's for my nephew and I had hoped it would be here before xmas.

Salamando

Like this?

close. You need to remove the part between the ] and the [/email] Quote this post for an example.

Wow dude same exact situation I'm in, except my estimated arrival is for the 5th. You have to wait 3 days after the estimated arrival date before opening a case against them which I will be. They posted a tracking number but that number has never registered anything as being shipped. I contacted the seller and they said they shipped it but I don't believe they did. Wonder if we have the same seller, a super_sam*** (censored the last 3 letters)?

It's for my nephew and I had hoped it would be here before xmas.

Nope, different guy. The most annoying thing is all the opportunities to get one for cheaper I passed up because I had one on the way.

Horohoro

close. You need to remove the part between the ] and the [/email] Quote this post for an example.

Nope, different guy. The most annoying thing is all the opportunities to get one for cheaper I passed up because I had one on the way.

Ah ok I see now I think there is something here also.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just for people that know this is a reseller chain for items like this they buy in bulk from stores and typically are available at a later date... and they've never failed me once... and 99% of the time is retail price too...
So there's a chance this site will eventually stock most, if not possibly all the amiibo soon enough? Seems weird they wouldn't have any of them, even stuff like Mario who is the most common.

melman101

Shulk seems to be out of pre orders everywhere, including the import sites >:v

Yeah I tried to preorder a Shulk at a physical GameStop the other day but no dice. I do manage to have one from GameStop.com for in-store pickup, once the idea of amiibo's starting going rare happened. I ordered them all LOL

Fandangox

Yeah I tried to preorder a Shulk at a physical GameStop the other day but no dice. I do manage to have one from GameStop.com for in-store pickup, once the idea of amiibo's starting going rare happened. I ordered them all LOL

Yeah, Shulk's pre orders ran out in GS, its been like that for a while now.

Horohoro

So there's a chance this site will eventually stock most, if not possibly all the amiibo soon enough? Seems weird they wouldn't have any of them, even stuff like Mario who is the most common.

Definitely possible just a matter of when ive seen the common in the store already (I have one locally) and it usually pales in comparison to whats available on there site later for this type of thing. Also if anyone has a Hot Topic or Red Rocket locally id check both of them also.

Maengun1

I'm thinking about importing a Japanese Wii Fit Trainer amiibo...they seem to be about $30 right now, give or take a few bucks for shipping. I don't care at all about the packaging, just want to use it.

Might wait a few days though just in case it miraculously pops up for retail on the US amazon page again. The Japanese ones aren't going to skyrocket in price right, 'cause they aren't rare over there?

edit: or amazon.de

I'm thinking about importing a Japanese Wii Fit Trainer amiibo...they seem to be about $30 right now, give or take a few bucks for shipping. I don't care at all about the packaging, just want to use it.

Might wait a few days though just in case it miraculously pops up for retail on the US amazon page again. The Japanese ones aren't going to skyrocket in price right, 'cause they aren't rare over there?

I think the main reason being that a lot of collectors (myself included) don't want Japanese packaging. I see them for really good prices on eBay but as soon as I see the Japanese (or American) packaging I ignore them. If anything, it makes it easier for other people to buy though. I'm considering importing Amiibos from other places so I can open those ones.

Yooo. So I just finished painting my first custom Amiibo.
H7QRv6x.jpg

Video here. Enjoy :)

I think the main reason being that a lot of collectors (myself included) don't want Japanese packaging. I see them for really good prices on eBay but as soon as I see the Japanese (or American) packaging I ignore them. If anything, it makes it easier for other people to buy though. I'm considering importing Amiibos from other places so I can open those ones.

Yooo. So I just finished painting my first custom Amiibo.

Video here. Enjoy :)

Looks awesome!

_woLf

This is how i feel about the Villager amiibo. I don't care about packaging, I just want to one to use...but I don't want to spend $36 on it.

rjinaz

Rosalina preorder is now #19 on a certain website's top video game orders. They know. Better get an order in while you can if you're considering it.

ngower

I FINALLY found a Falcon amiibo in a Gamestop...but there's some damage to the box. To the point where I can shove my finger into an inches-long seam (...stop) on the bottom.

I'm debating whether I should (a) try and re-sell/flip it to someone who is trying to complete their collection, (b) contact Gamestop and see if there's somehow they can send me a replacement, (c) open it up and let the homeboy crash with Villager on my bookshelf?

ZazTbS1.jpg

I FINALLY found a Falcon amiibo in a Gamestop...but there's some damage to the box. To the point where I can shove my finger into an inches-long seam (...stop) on the bottom.

I'm debating whether I should (a) try and re-sell/flip it to someone who is trying to complete their collection, (b) contact Gamestop and see if there's somehow they can send me a replacement, (c) open it up and let the homeboy crash with Villager on my bookshelf?

ZazTbS1.jpg

Gamestop?
That Falcon was imported by Latamel. Thats Mexico's Nintendo Distributor... We have GamePlanet here.
Weird.

CH4OS

So has EVERYONE'S TRU orders been cancelled?? I still haven't received a cancellation email. In fact I just received an email confirming my order for Pit and that I would receive him between Jan 6th and 9th. Anyone else still have their order (as far as you know)?

ngower

Gamestop?
That Falcon was imported by Latamel. Thats Mexico's Nintendo Distributor... We have GamePlanet here.
Weird.

I'm pretty sure they distribute for all/most of North America, no? Cheaper than basing in Canada and the US. I remember seeing someone explain this when all the Wii U refurbs first started shipping.

Josh5890

I just called one of my gamestops that has the Pit amiibo according to the website and they said no. I feel like I just got dupped

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*unlocks more final smash trophies in SSB* Man, part of me wouldn't mind some of those being made into amiibo.....but I know it'd be kind of hard/impossible to do.

Gusto

So has EVERYONE'S TRU orders been cancelled?? I still haven't received a cancellation email. In fact I just received an email confirming my order for Pit and that I would receive him between Jan 6th and 9th. Anyone else still have their order (as far as you know)?

Me too, but I don't trust anything until he's in my hand.

Zombine

Banned
I just called one of my gamestops that has the Pit amiibo according to the website and they said no. I feel like I just got dupped

They don't update automatically. It only happens once or twice a day. Sometimes when they get them in, they have to call the distributor directly because they fucked up and sold someone's preorder. Those still get scanned in like normal product as well.

You're probably seeing one of the above.

Horohoro

Nothing's impossible with 3d printers =p

Well currently its impossibly unafforadable to print a proply coded nfc chip to work with smash... But yeah...

Hinestly I have this strange idea in my head that an exploit might be possible with NFC depending on if its locked down or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom