• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer, just got this for my GS Mac order

Unfortunately, due to a defective shipment, your order for the Little Mac Amiibo character has been cancelled. You have not been charged at this time, and any pending authorization hold on your account will be removed in 3-5 business days. Your business is extremely important to us, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration this issue may cause.

They will but nothing yet has been announced.
If you want one, a Mario character is the safest bet for functionality if you want to buy one now.

Cool. I kind of wanted the Samus one, not a big fan of how the Mario one looks. Might hold out for a bit until I know that the functionality will be.

Jawmuncher

Cool. I kind of wanted the Samus one, not a big fan of how the Mario one looks. Might hold out for a bit until I know that the functionality will be.

Samus is apparently next on the chopping block for discontinued. So If you really like her you might want to get her still. She works with Mario kart, hyrule warriors, and smash in NA.

Samus is apparently next on the chopping block for discontinued. So If you really like her you might want to get her still. She works with Mario kart, hyrule warriors, and smash in NA.

Oh damn, didn't realize they were discontinuing some of them.

It's only $13 bucks so maybe I'll just run out and grab a Samus and Mario.

EDIT: Damn. The Bowser one looks awesome too. Uh oh....I'm falling into their trap!

EDIT2: Bowser isn't out yet. Ok. Samus and Mario it is.

Gurrry

I have a cpt falcon and a pit ordered from amazon that havent shipped or been processed yet, but they are 2 seperate orders

Is there anyway to combine these 2 without losing them so I can save on shipping?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah sorry, I just read about it on gonintendo.
That's okay. Someone might get lucky & use the store pick-up feature to find a Best Buy that might still somehow have one. You'll have to search for a store during the checkout phase, though. I think using the store locator on the product page is broken....or maybe there's just no more Marths in Michigan.

newarrior

Called Best Buy to find out the shipping status of my Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Pit. According to the people on the phone, I'll receive it on the 7th, so probably shipping tomorrow or Monday. Hoping it actually happens!

Zalman

I have a cpt falcon and a pit ordered from amazon that havent shipped or been processed yet, but they are 2 seperate orders

Is there anyway to combine these 2 without losing them so I can save on shipping?
Try asking them, they're usually quite helpful when it comes to stuff like this.

That's okay. Someone might get lucky & use the store pick-up feature to find a Best Buy that might still somehow have one. You'll have to search for a store during the checkout phase, though. I think using the store locator on the product page is broken....or maybe there's just no more Marths in Michigan.

No Marth in West Michigan for sure

Hazu

My collection so far. I'm planning to unbox them all when I find a good display but I haven't yet. I need something big since I'm planning to collect all Smash Bros characters (and probably future lines of Amiibo too).

Any suggestion?

1420232182-full-collection.jpg

prateeko

Oh, it's never been officially "opened"? I thought it had been and sold out. Didn't know.

It was open for some random day (two in a row I belive) at approximately 5:30 to 6:00AM EST. I was working nights that week and went to check something on my phone and the Rosalina page refreshed and I was able to pre-order and check out (as were some people on CAG I believe).

Since that point the page has been as you see it now. There were rumblings from someone at Target that there would be no more pre-orders but this is from their official Twitter account so it looks like there will be some more pre-orders.

For what it's worth on my end my credit card was charged a few days ago, but someone said Target periodically does test charges.

Horohoro

I've watched the rosalina page many nights I know this tale well gather round gaffers.

Rosalina and the Refresher.
There was 6 morning/evenings in the previous weeks where this jewel was available.

Night 1. She was available accidently for preorder for a period of about 7 minutes where I myself tried to obtain one and failed... there was no limit on this accidental setup despite what others may have thought.

Night 2. Official Moring/evening it was at 3:58pm cst to 4:48pm cst and I fell asleep in chair still waiting for this. To my dismay she had been available for 30mins and I missed it...

Night 3. Sporatic preorder available for 2 mins and 30 seconds as calculated by others I had given up watching thinking I would have a shot again closer to feburary so I missed this as well.

Night 4. Again a sportatic preorder this time caught as previously posted by me on the mobile app and Low and behold I was able to checkout next morning I check emails... I checked out with 0 items in cart somehow and I got a bank charge 0.00 to target.com... WHAT!!? yes this happened and I called them about it they said they were sorry no idea what happened.

Night 5. New Year's eve the preorder popped up again for another few minutes... and I was up as it was finally middle of the day around noon cst. and had the page refreshing I was unable to checkout though... :( but a couple others here did...

Night 6. Last night the preorder page changed to add to cart/express checkout on m.target.com! I raced to checkout but alas even now 15hrs + later its still spinning waiting to checkout.. :(.

So yes my friends I've lost no less than 3 days sleep waiting for availability and I tell you one way or another she will be OURS!!!!!!!!!!

prateeko

I've watched the rosalina page many nights I know this tale well gather round gaffers.

There was 6 morning/evenings in the previous weeks where this jewel was available.

Night 1. She was available accidently for preorder for a period of about 7 minutes where I myself tried to obtain one and failed... there was no limit on this accidental setup despite what others may have thought.

Night 2. Official Moring/evening it was at 3:58pm cst to 4:28pm cst and I fell asleep in chair still waiting for this. To my dismay she had been available for 30mins and I missed it...

Night 3. Sporatic preorder available for 2 mins and 30 seconds as calculated by others I had given up watching thinking I would have a shot again closer to feburary so I missed this as well.

Night 4. Again a sportatic preorder this time caught as previously posted by me on the mobile app and Low and behold I was able to checkout next morning I check emails... I checked out with 0 items in cart somehow and I got a bank charge 0.00 to target.com... WHAT!!? yes this happened and I called them about it they said they were sorry no idea what happened.

Night 5. New Year's eve the preorder popped up again for another few minutes... and I was up as it was finally middle of the day around noon cst. and had the page refreshing I was unable to checkout though... :( but a couple others here did...

Night 6. Last night the preorder page changed to add to cart/express checkout on m.target.com! I raced to checkout but alas even now 15hrs + later its still spinning waiting to checkout.. :(.

So yes my friends I've lost no less than 3 days sleep waiting for availability and I tell you one way or another she will be OURS!!!!!!!!!!

Damn dude. And here I was working nights and randomly checked on the page at like 535 EST and checked out with ease. My only regret was not pre-ordering one for my buddy (wasn't going to fiddle around with shipping to multiple addresses since I still technically my job to do).

Are there any availability alert websites or anything that actually works? I could forward that to my buddy since I'm just gonna sit back and not be involved with this, especially since the thirst is very real.

So is Amazon.de good to order from? Guess my regular Amazon account works there, and I guess the Euro/US dollar exchange rate ain't too bad right now. Should I be able to order from there without a hitch?

Horohoro

Damn dude. And here I was working nights and randomly checked on the page at like 535 EST and checked out with ease. My only regret was not pre-ordering one for my buddy (wasn't going to fiddle around with shipping to multiple addresses since I still technically my job to do).

Are there any availability alert websites or anything that actually works? I could forward that to my buddy since I'm just gonna sit back and not be involved with this, especially since the thirst is very real.

Your one of the lucky few sir... lucky few...

Thoraxes

Got my WFT from Amazon.de today.

Face has a blemish on her left side, but it washed off a little. Was noticeable enough to get me to open the box lol. Used a toothbrush to gently get it off. Either way, i'm glad to be done with waves 1 and 2.

2015-01-0215.12.16g2ubl.jpg
2015-01-0215.12.08ecu4h.jpg

Toki767

So is Amazon.de good to order from? Guess my regular Amazon account works there, and I guess the Euro/US dollar exchange rate ain't too bad right now. Should I be able to order from there without a hitch?

Pretty much. My package has been stuck in customs for a few days so far though. i-parcel seems like a crappy shipping service.

rjinaz

Night 2. Official Moring/evening it was at 3:58pm cst to 4:48pm cst and I fell asleep in chair still waiting for this. To my dismay she had been available for 30mins and I missed it...

Damn that's a lot of work. Kudos. But I strongly suggest people import instead. $42 for two, that's $21 for each and you can sell the other easily enough. Much less hassle than playing Target's game.

Horohoro

Damn that's a lot of work. Kudos. But I strongly suggest people import instead. $42 for two, that's $21 for each and you can sell the other easily enough. Much less hassle than playing Target's game.

I'm buying one boxed and one open for each figure... I want all North American boxes... cause no number... don't laugh I collect...

Velcro Fly

Anyone else having issues with Bestbuy.com 'preparing order' forever? My Falcon and Pit are both stuck..

Yep. Thinking about cancelling all of Wave 3 that I got with them and trying to get them in somewhere else. What a disaster. It's bad enough they were pretty much the last place to get them and sell them and now it's even more of a wait.

rjinaz

I'm buying one boxed and one open for each figure... I want all North American boxes... cause no number... don't laugh I collect...

Fair enough. I am collecting these too. But once the prices for the US versions climbed over $50 for certain figures, I decided European boxes would have to be good enough since they are exactly the same figure inside. Good luck on your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom