• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I secured Luigi and Toon Link from amazon. Still missed out on Yoshi by seconds, but he should still be pretty common for a few months...I hope...

Might try to get DeDeDe, Rosalina, and Mega Man but for now I'm happy with what I've got out've the first three waves. Need to start saving up for Wave 4 now...D:

Got my WFT from Amazon.de today.

Face has a blemish on her left side, but it washed off a little. Was noticeable enough to get me to open the box lol. Used a toothbrush to gently get it off. Either way, i'm glad to be done with waves 1 and 2.

2015-01-0215.12.16g2ubl.jpg
2015-01-0215.12.08ecu4h.jpg

YOU JUST WASHED OFF A POTENTIAL $25K! UGGGGH!

Do we think Amiibos will remain in this state of ridiculous availability or is is fabricated by. Nintendo to start the product off with tremendous hype?

SalvaPot

Do we think Amiibos will remain in this state of ridiculous availability or is is fabricated by. Nintendo to start the product off with tremendous hype?

The problem is, this is a first from Nintendo, we have no idea what they are going to do, all we can do is speculate.

Velcro Fly

Posted a thing on the Best Buy forums. Pretty much just said that some communication would be nice if my item is delayed. I'll report back here if I get any replies. I suspect it's delayed a few days and will ship today or monday or something but fuck just tell me that.

Rafterman

Banned
The older rarer olds still fetch a price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylander-C...3963?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a9efe5fcb

but the newer ones come out in bulk now they are pretty easy from what I understand.

There are Skylander variants that are nearly impossible (harder than Amiibo) to find, but for the most part they have gotten better about releasing enough stock to keep the hunt from months to weeks. It's certainly not like the Amiibo situation is now, but it used to be.

I think Nintendo should sell these things directly which would allow them to gauge the interest and produce enough to cover the demand without having surplus stock. Of course a lack of stock is an easy way to keep the hype train rolling and build up a frenzy in the people looking for these things, so I doubt Nintendo cares to fix the supply/demand issue anytime soon.

Velcro Fly

Got an e-mail response from their support twitter saying estimated arrival of January 7th on everything. So hopefully that is legit.

Koppai

I still need Rosalina and when I looked at Amazon.de it was like $32...thats too much for 1.

I currently have everything ordered. Wonder when the next waves will appear?

Toki767

I still need Rosalina and when I looked at Amazon.de it was like $32...thats too much for 1.

Order more amiibos with the order to reduce the price per amiibo after shipping. It's like $32 for 1, $50 for 2, $60 for 3, etc...

LaserHawk

I think it's entirely fabricated by Nintendo, and they'll eventually up production enough for people to get some of the harder-to-find ones. This is Nintendo's classic strategy of conservative production.

The way Amiibos work, you buy a plastic figure once and then enjoy little benefits in many different pieces of software. Nintendo doesn't get more money from you each time you try an amiibo in a new game. They get that money the one time you bought the figure. It wouldn't make sense to minimize our ability to pay them for this whole scheme when they're going to spend resources on the in-game content anyway.

I suspect rare figures will come back after Nintendo has seen their demand. In the meantime, people are snatching up even the figures they don't want, for fear that they'll never have the opportunity again.

rjinaz

Where are you shipping to? I just ran the numbers and it was $27 for one and $42 for two. Shipping to Phoenix, Arizona.

SalvaPot

I can't wait to see people going crazy over shiny Pokemon Amiibo. ;D

About this, I know how its going to be:

Pokemons are going to have a packaging similar to the Smash amiibos, BUT instead of clear plastic its going to be dark and impossible to see inside. 1 in 8192 is a shiny, otherwise is a normally colored figure.

Its all luck.

This might be a dumb question but what version Amiibo do we get from amazon.de?

EU?

In terms of packaging, yes. You get the EU packaging from Amazon.DE, it is in Germany.

The figures themselves don't vary at all per-region though, so sans packaging they're indistinguishable.

rjinaz

I think I will just wait until Rosalina launches.

I considered that as well. You know they are going to have some in stores so it's definitely an option if you have a Target close by and can get there the day they arrive or can check regularly in case there isn't a clear arrival date at the store.

Caoz

My nearest Best Buy has the worst Amibo selection in the country me thinks.

Three Princess Peaches. Two of them semi-opened. That's it.

I have a $5 coupon BB sent me that I've want to use for this.

I guess I will have to go Peach.

Haines

Banned
Are falcon/pit hitting stores in large variety yet? Heard someone say best buy had the 2nd as a delayed release date in there systems

Anyone else here ready for Wave 3? I see a lot here are finally completing their Wave 2 sets/wants.

I've got everything I want from wave 1 and 2, and all the stuff I want from 3 preordered except for Bowser (since I figure he won't be hard to find, he's a Mario character after all).

Bring on 3 and announce 4, let's go Nintendo.

Koppai

I've got everything I want from wave 1 and 2, and all the stuff I want from 3 preordered except for Bowser (since I figure he won't be hard to find, he's a Mario character after all).

Bring on 3 and announce 4, let's go Nintendo.

Its fuckin sad that we had to resort to importing. Nintendo stop being greedy and undershipping everything.

Glad I have everything.

prateeko

There's also been port strikes which are completely mucking up supply chains and logistics.

Still, Nintendo of America is straight incompetent so I'll wager more of the same

Toki767

Villager prices on Amazon Japan are starting to go up to $30 now since Amazon Japan sold out. They've also sold out of Wii Fit Trainer so those prices are also starting to go up slowly.

Marth is still like $10.

My store still has not gotten my pre-order yet.
Getting really annoyed because I need my Falcon.

I just called my local BB to check on my Pit preorder since some have said they got theirs. She said it was in her hand and they will keep it behind the counter for me. Can't go till tomorrow. They better have it or...... issues ha

Horohoro

I considered that as well. You know they are going to have some in stores so it's definitely an option if you have a Target close by and can get there the day they arrive or can check regularly in case there isn't a clear arrival date at the store.

My only issue with this is I have 0 faith that Target won't sell them early and I'll still miss out...

So TRU sends me this email:
Thank you for contacting Toys "R" Us in regards to your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please allow us to assist you.

We have checked the records on our system, and unfortunately your item amiibo #11 is currently unavailable.We kindly advise you to check the website to see when the item will become available. As a courtesy please take this promo code that you can use on your next online purchase. Your promo code is:TOPSECRET/REDACTED

We thank you for your understanding it is highly appreciated. If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond to this email. Thank you again for contacting Toys“R”Us. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Atzu2037
Toys“R”Us Customer Service

Doesn't say what the code is for. So I go to log in to test it and it says my password had to be reset and they send an email. Just click on the link and change your password. Too bad they didn't send a link or an actual web address of any sort. Just a line of complete gibberish. Opened email on multiple devices and clicked on their alternate version to no avail. They are a pretty awful online retailer.

Edit: Lol here is what the promo code came up as:
$5 off appeasement
$5 OFF Customer Service Appeasement
To participate, add eligible items to your cart.
HOW IT WORKS

Horohoro

Doesn't say what the code is for. So I go to log in to test it and it says my password had to be reset and they send an email. Just click on the link and change your password. Too bad they didn't send a link or an actual web address of any sort. Just a line of complete gibberish. Opened email on multiple devices and clicked on their alternate version to no avail. They are a pretty awful online retailer.

Hmm wonder if this is for dedede and Ike that second email thats supposed to go around? I never got that...

rjinaz

Are you sure that was really TRU? Do they use usernames as a signature in their customer service emails?

one_kill

I just wanted to say that ever since I stopped visiting this thread, my "need" to collect 'em all has dramatically gone down.

Heck, I even plan on cancelling a couple of pre-orders so I can use the money on something else.

That said, I can't wait for Mega Man and Ike.

Are you sure that was really TRU? Do they use usernames as a signature in their customer service emails?

It was. They are just horrible at all things online. Code worked. No shit it says appeasement lol

$5 off appeasement
$5 OFF Customer Service Appeasement
HOW IT WORKS

Cant make this stuff up

rjinaz

I just wanted to say that ever since I stopped visiting this thread, my "need" to collect 'em all has dramatically gone down.

Heck, I even plan on cancelling a couple of pre-orders so I can use the money on something else.

Never return to the scene of the crime. Get your wallet ready...

Horohoro

But why would I waste money needlessly on other things!? D:

jk of course

Salamando

Starting to panic about my eBay Villager purchase from a place in Japan. The estimated arrival time was Tue, Dec 23 - Tue, Jan 06, and it's still not here. Don't even have a tracking number.

If this fails, I'm just saying to hell with him. I've already had issues with Target, Walmart and TRU's eBay store with Villagers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom