• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Screenshot Sharing is Live!

Seanspeed

Banned
So, just now that we've got uncompressed PNG's on the XB1, I think its worth recommending

FastStone Image Viewer

This free software gives you some pretty comprehensive tools for converting and resizing images even in very large batches. You can turn your PNG's into very high quality JPG's to save harddrive space and also to play a courteous role when posting on internet boards.

The image quality is essentially identical, so no worry about image degradation:

(stolen from a shot I saw here, sorry)

PNG 3.42MB

JPG 2.51MB

I challenge anyone to spot any difference. Really useful for converting large batches of screenshots to scrub down the filesizes and also for resizing images quickly and easily.

Random screenshot

Screenshot-Original.png

Now they need to add Facebook sharing, too.

Angel_DvA

So, just now that we've got uncompressed PNG's on the XB1, I think its worth recommending

FastStone Image Viewer

This free software gives you some pretty comprehensive tools for converting and resizing images even in very large batches. You can turn your PNG's into very high quality JPG's to save harddrive space and also to play a courteous role when posting on internet boards.

The image quality is essentially identical, so no worry about image degradation:

(stolen from a shot I saw here, sorry)

PNG 3.42MB

JPG 2.51MB

I challenge anyone to spot any difference. Really useful for converting large batches of screenshots to scrub down the filesizes and also for resizing images quickly and easily.

It's pretty impressive, I will try it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Brilliant. Mine aren't pushing into the activity feed though.

And while we are at it.

Networking fixes to address periodic issues with consoles detecting Strict and Moderate NATs coming out of Instant-On.

111.gif

jediyoshi

So this is now a thread where we crap on Sony?

PS4 had screenshots and we crap on MS. MS has better screenshots and we crap on Sony. It's very simple, pointing things out is how things get attention.

1080p and not compressed? That's fucking impressive MS.

I suspect it takes less processing work to take a screenshot that doesn't go through compression.

Colbert

Banned
Although I am disappointed the voice command isn't "Xbox, Screenshot". "Xbox, take a screenshot" just doesn't feel right.

I think they do this to separate the voice command from normal talk that sometimes have the words "Xbox" and "screenshot" in a sentence.

So this is now a thread where we crap on Sony?
Is that really the overall feeling you get from this thread?
You obviously missed 90% of messages not involving Sony. And most who do mention Sony, just want them to upgrade their screenshot function, justifiably so.

Is that really the overall feeling you get from this thread?
You obviously missed 90% of messages not involving Sony. And most who do mention Sony, just want them to upgrade their screenshot function, justifiably so.

I too would like that.

I mean, even when exporting to USB not only do we still get a compressed image but the file size is smaller than when uploading to Twitter from PS4! That's just... shit.

Caayn

Other than the smoke/steam in Titanfall ones, which you couldn't obviously freeze, they look identical to me. So I'd say no post-processing applied to the screenshots.
Jup, quality of the feature is really good. I can't complain that at all.

Although I do have a complaint about how screenshots look in the upload app. Here's how it looks ingame, and here's how that exact same spot looks in the upload app. But when I upload that picture and watch it on a PC the black crush is gone and the image is perfectly fine. Looks to me like the display values of the upload app are wrong. Microsoft really needs to fix this before they put this preview version online for everyone.

Ingame --> Upload app -- > Exported

jesu

Something Went Wrong

Sorry bllah blah blah, try some other time.

Could someone walk me through how to share my pics please?
I keep getting an error, but everyone else keeps posting pics!

I'll check my privacy settings for now.

Omni

Could someone walk me through how to share my pics please?
I keep getting an error, but everyone else keeps posting pics!

I'll check my privacy settings for now.

Manually update your console in the settings menu. It will work then.

alexbull_uk

MS gets it. Uncompressed PNGs, hot damn!

Let me disable auto-upload (I take a lot of screenshots) and enable copying to USB/OneDrive and it's literally perfect.

Screenshot-Original.png

haikira

This is god damn awesome, especially that they're uncompressed. I've been playing Sunset Overdrive, really wishing I could take screenshots.

Next time I'm on it, I'm going to take so many. =D

Top Bottom